Minhyuk's POV

Can I Make Him Mine?

Outside the dorm Minhyuk and Sunggyu….

 

Minhyuk’s POV:

“So hyung? Where are we going?” I ask hyung as soon as we get outside.

“I… Um…. Let’s go get coffee.” Sunggyu-hyung responds looking at me and giving me a smile.

“Wait hyung. What is it? Something seems to be bothering you….” I say as I reach out and grab at hyungs arm.

“Um… Let’s get coffee first Minhyuk-ah.” He responds before he pulls me closer so he can wrap an arm around my shoulders before we start walking.

“Oh okay. I could go into the Cube studio and get coffee. I’ll meet you outside then we could head down to a park or something if you like want.” I suggest the idea. It seems that Sunggyu-hyung goes in deep thought before responding.

“Yeah, sure. That sounds like a good idea. I’ll get snacks and drinks or something while you get coffee. I’ll meet you in front of the café.” He responds before patting me on the back.

Once we reach the café, hyung was just about to leave before I stop him.

“Hyung, wait. What do you want to drink?” I ask him.

“I don’t know…. Something warm I warm I guess….” He says before turning around and jogging to the nearest store.

I let out a sigh before I open the door and walk in. I get in line before I take out my phone and dial Ilhoon’s number.

“Hello?”

“Ilhoon-ah…. Did you find out anything with Sungjongie?”

“Well… yeah, but I think that we should talk about it later.”

“Ok, I guess we’ll see each other at the dorm later.”

“Yeah. Bye hyung! Have fun with Sunggyu-hyung!” I hear him yell on the other side before he hangs up.

I slip my phone into my pocket and take out my wallet.

“Hey Minhyuk! What can I get you today?”

“Um… I’ll get a Caramel Cappuccino and a Chocolate Macchiato.”

“Alright. What size?”

“Medium.”

“Whip cream?”

“Always.” I say with a smile.

“Ok. That will be 14,600 won”

I hand her the money then wait for my drinks. While I’m waiting I see Sunggyu hyung walk up in front of the door holding a plastic bag full of things. Once he sees me he waves and I wave back before I turn away to grab the drinks.

Once I grab them and step outside I give hyung the Caramel Cappuccino.

After a while we arrive at a park in at night. We sit down on the field and we start talking.

“So hyung…. What did you want to talk about?” I ask him while taking a sip from my drink.

“I… I umm….”

“Hyung… There’s no need to be nervous.” I say trying to comfort him by rubbing circles on his back.

“I…. I’m in love with S-Sungjong….” Hyung says looking down at his hands.

I wanted to scream ‘I knew it!!’ in his face, but what kind of friend would do that? Well, I bet Ilhoon would.

“Oh…. Well, are you going to tell him that or what?”

“I don’t know…. We’re too busy and I am the leader so…”

“Hyung… love has nothing to do with being a leader or not. It doesn’t matter how busy you are.” I say while thinking about how I felt when I thought I was in love with Ilhoon, but the only difference is that Ilhoon asked me to be his boyfriend and not the other way around.

“W-What if we can’t spend time together that often?”

“Well hyung, take Ilhoon and me for an example…. We’re both busy. I’m pretty sure that we’re one of the busiest members in the group, but because we don’t get to spend time together often it makes the time we do spend together more valuable. To know that the time is limited and to know that we might not see each other for a while…. That’s what makes us cherish each second we spend together.”

When he doesn’t react or say anything I continue….

“Hyung, I guess what I’m trying to say is that…. It doesn’t matter on how much time you spend together or how much you talk or see Sungjong. As long as you love him and he loves you back, every second will feel like it is the best moment in your life.” I say before I look off to the Han river.

“I guess your right, Minhyuk-ah…. I just don’t know how to propose to Sungjong though…. I don’t know how I can make him mine. How did you make Ilhoon yours? How did you ask him out?”

“Well, I’m not sure…. I wasn’t the one who asked him out. Ilhoon asked me out so you might want to talk to him for advice on this. Sorry if I’m no help.”

“It’s okay Minhyuk-ah. Do you remember how he proposed to you?”

When I hear him ask that I can feel my face heating up. Of course I remember what happened, how can I not? It was the best day in my life.

“Well, yeah I do remember. He took we for a walk. We came here in the middle of the night. We sat down and we were admiring the view after we played a couple rounds of basketball. Ilhoon grabbed one of my hands before leaning in and kissing me.”

“That was it?”

“No…. After he kissed me he backed up and looked away for a moment before fidgeting with something in his pocket. When he took it out is was a bracelet. I know hyung…. It’s cheesy, but what he said to me was really sweet.” I say looking up at the sky.

“What did he say?”

“He placed it in my hand before letting his hand fall back on his lap and said…. ‘Hyung, I’ve loved you since the day we met. I can’t get enough of your smile. Whenever your happy, it makes me happy and when your sad it makes me sad. If you accept me to be your boyfriend, I promise that I will always protect you and I will always make you smile. Will you please be my boyfriend Lee Minhyuk?’ “ I say smiling.

“Wow…. I wonder how he found the confidence to say that.”

I let out a chuckle before I turn to face hyung again.

“Well, why don’t you ask him hyung?”

“Maybe…. Maybe I should…..”

 

Ilhoon’s POV:

“Ilhoon-ah…. I think that I’m in love with Sunggyu-hyung, but I’m not sure.” I hear Sungjong-hyung say for the billionth time.

“I know hyung…. I know.” I say, pulling him close to me.

“How did you figure out that you fell in love with Minhyuk-hyung?” Hyung asks me which surprises me a little.

“Well, I just knew….. I don’t know how to explain this hyung…. Why don’t you ask Minhyuk-hyung instead? I bet he can explain it way better.”

“Alright. Maybe I will….”

 

To Be Continued….

 

A/N: This is the Bracelet that Ilhoon gave Minhyuk while proposing. (It has a similar looking cross that Ilhoon has as a necklace)