Hide and Seek

One Way Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my God!” My eyes went huge. “Girls, please, go back with the others. Don’t come to meet me and the others too, okay?” They nodded and went back with the others. I lifted my saree and went to them, tears rolling down my cheeks. 

       I had to be dreaming. It couldn’t be real!

      I ran to Alice and Irma and the three of us hugged. I hadn’t invited them, but I think my family did. I was so happy that they did! We were laughing and crying at the same time. It had been such a long time since the three of us saw each other… 

      “It’s so not awkward!” Irma said as we pulled back. Alice and I laughed and nodded. She was so right. It didn’t feel weird for some reason. It felt like it was just yesterday that we were shopping for shoes and clothes!

      “How did you guys know?”

      “Your dad sent us an invitation and a small note,” Alice said.

      “We’re really sorry, we wanted to come earlier, but we had work…”

      “We’re even late on the last day,” Alice stuck her tongue out. I laughed and hugged them again. 

      “Come with me, I want to change!” I took the to my room quickly before they saw 2PM or SNSD. I would be over if they saw them… When we arrived in my room, they helped me get my saree off and get changed into my new dress. I was so pretty! It was long, with no straps. The whole top was covered in small lavender rocks and the skirt had rose Indian designs on a lavender canvas. I smiled when I saw myself in the mirror. It was really beautiful. 

      “Ana,” my sister looked inside. “Oh, Irma! Alice!” Tanya came in and hugged them briefly. 

     “What is it?”

     “Your husband is asking for you,” she said. 

     “Isn’t it about time we see his face?” Irma asked me.

     “Later!” I quickly said. “Tan, just tell him that I’ll see him later. I have to greet some people. Tell him to entertain his friends. Ok?” She nodded and went downstairs. 

      “Tanya became so pretty,” Irma said when Tanya had left. We all sat in the bed and talked. “She looks a lot like you, but…”

       “But?”

      “Irma wants to say that you were prettier at that age, but she has the body you didn’t,” Alice said. I laughed, knowing they were right. 

      “But now my body looks just fine!” I winked at them.

      “I bet you did that for your new husband!” Irma said.

      “You know that it’s not true!” I said and threw a pillow at her. We laughed and we made our way back to the tent. I looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter