The Confrontation

One Way Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeoboseyeo?”

          “Oppa!” I was at home, in my room. I had changed into more comfortable clothes. After checking my phone, I pretended that I had to go due to an emergency. Seunghoon said it was fine and actually drove me back to the company so I could take my car and get home. 

          “Ana! Is everything okay?”

          “Ani… Can you come over?”

          “Prepare something to eat, I’m starved.” He hung up and I went down. I finally decided to make Kimchi Fried Rice. It would be quick. And I knew he was going to bring some bottles of soju with him anyway. 

           “Come in!” I yelled after 40 minutes. Nichkhun appeared in my kitchen with soju and ice-cream. I grinned. He put everything in the fridge. He placed a couple of bottles of soju on the table and we sat down as I had already set the table. 

            “You don’t look good… I thought that you would have eaten already…”

            “I was having lunch with my new boss. In Gangnam.” Khun looked at me weirdly. Then, the realization of what had happened seemed to drew to him. 

            “Did he see you too?”

            “Our eyes met. When I was with my boss, who was being all flirty with me!”

            “He will be home soon…”

           “What do I tell him? It was clear in his eyes that I was really shocked though.”

           “I shouldn’t be saying this, but you have to lie to him, Ana. It’s the only way.” I sighed. “Ask him why he didn’t call. Why there were cameras! Ask him who was that girl he was with.”

            “I’m tired of lying.”

            “What else do you think you can do?” I took a big gulp of my soju. “You’ve fooled him for many years now. Can’t you go on?”

            “It’s not a question of being able to or not, Oppa. I am tired of this. This isn’t how I planned my life. I wanted a career first! I wanted to study more. I wanted to party and tour the world. I wanted to have three kids by the age of 36! Can I afford all of this now?”

            “Taecyeon wants a child so that he can pursue his dream.”

            “He was a model before! He only auditioned thanks to Eonni!”

            “Yes, but he’s so thankful that she opened up this path for him. He is so happy even though he is tired. He loves his fans and his job so much. We hope to stay a group for more years than Shinhwa.”

            “What if they live longer than you?”

            “As long as we stay together for ten more years, we will be happy. We would leave it, knowing we gave it out best shot. Being satisfied and proud. Knowing there would be a home where to rest.”

         “His job will make him travel a lot. I will be at home, all alone with a kid to raise. I haven’t have a taste of my dream yet. I want to create a name in the fashion industry. As one of the best director for advertising a brand or something.”

          “You sound like only your dreams matter here.”

          “You’re doing the same! You guys have the same goal, not me. Oppa, I want to be free! I want a man who loves me for me. I also want him to love me. Like I…” His hand was on mine. I finally looked up at him, tears blurring my vision. 

          “Like you what?”

          “Like I like Taecyeon…” Tears were falling on my cheeks. I started to sob. Nichkhun could only lend me his shoulder to cry. I was very thankful to him, for being there for me whenever I needed him. I pulled back after a couple of minutes. Nichkhun stopped patting my back and pulled away too. “You should go… I’m causing you to worry too much for me.”

           “Don’t speak nonsense! I care about you, my sister.” He kissed the top of my head. “Tell him that y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter