Shattered peace

One Way Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I got home later that night, I felt like I was dead. I barely had the energy to even drive. It’s a miracle my car was now safe and sound in the garage. I stretched and opened the door. I went upstairs and fainted on my bed. I managed to scrape off my jewelries and shoes and some clothes before getting under that covers. 

          I checked my phone. It was a little after midnight. I yawned and closed my eyes. I was dead. Literally. Seunghoon and I had so much to do since he was going to China the day after tomorrow. That would also mean getting to work later than usual. So, we had to finalize many things, like the guest list for his party. It would be in one week as from tomorrow. 

          At some point, both our stomachs had complained and we ended up ordering pizza to eat. We ate and worked at the same time. Before leaving, Seunghoon said that it was rare to work like that. Truly, I thanked God for that. I wouldn’t have been able to do it often…

         “Ana?” I heard Taecyeon said. I sat up in bed and saw him at the door. “I made some lasagna. Would you like some?” I was debating whether to say yes or no. I had eaten already, and pizza at that. Now, I wanted to eat lasagna. I always craved Italian food for some weird reason…

         “Do you think I should?” I finally asked him. “I won’t become like super fat tomorrow morning, right?”

          “No, you won’t. Come,” he said and I followed him to the kitchen. A big portion of hot lasagna was awaiting me on the table. I sat down and started eating as if I was starved. “Is it good?” I nodded. “I made it myself.” I looked at him, my mouth full.

          “Liar! You can’t even cook pasta correctly!” He laughed and made a disgusted face at me.

          “Close your mouth when you eat, will you?” I nodded and went on eating. “About tomorrow, my mom said to leave some money on the counter for the maids and to tell them what to cook. She knows you’re busy.”

           “She’s okay with it?”

           “Yes. I’ll leave the money, just tell me what dish you will like them to make." I stared at him blankly for a short while. 

           “Egg rolls, bulgogi, daejang chijae, raw fish, and vegetables to stir fry.” He looked at me bemused. “Oppa, do you for long I’ve been crazy about Korean dramas? I know much about food.” I winked and went back to eating.

            “Would you like octopus? I know how much you like sushi…”

            “No! No way am I eating that thing. I know how you eat it. It’s cruel and disgusting…”

            “But you’re okay with raw fish?” I nodded. “You’re a funny one.” He went on his phone and then put my dirty dishes away for me. I smiled and went to brush my teeth. When I was done, I crawled under the covers. Taecyeon was already tucked in. It was not weird to just sleep like that in bed with him. I was used to it now. 

             “You asleep?”

             “No,” he said and turned around to face me. We looked at each other and somehow, I don’t know how, he was holding me in his arms. They felt goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter