TCL 21: The Beginning

This Cruel Life.

POV
I : Sehun's
II : Jiyeon's
III : Qri's


I.

            Walking slowly, passing through grave by grave, my heart feels hurt. The longer I walk, the further I felt the grave located. To be honest, I don’t have the courage to meet the two persons I’ve hit while drunk. I don’t. I can’t believe I just killed the person I started to love parents. I can’t believe I just broke her heart. And I have to believe that I have to pay for my sin. I regret myself so much. I regret myself to be me. My legs weakening as I walk while the tears started to fall.

            “Sehun-ah!” someone grab my hand when I was about to fall. I can’t walk any longer. I can’t meet her parents. I believe they won’t be pleased to see me coming after them. To see me visiting their grave. I’m sure they won’t like it. “Hold onto me. I’ll bring you to them,” I look at her. The one grabbing my hand. Ah! Woori. My sister.

            “Woori-ah, I’m not strong,” I told her. She sighs heavily. And nod.

            “I know. I know they will forgive you for what you have done. I know Jiyeon will forgive you for what you have done. It will take some time, but they will. Can you believe me?” she said. Comforting my heart, I guess. I didn’t nod or shook. She pulls me into a hug and my back. “They will. Trust noona,” she said. “But, believe in yourself would make it better,”

            She broke the hug and pulls my hand towards the grave. She sit kneeling, pulling my hand along to be by her, kneeling. “Jiyeon mummy, Jiyeon daddy, this is me, Go Woori. You remember me, aren’t you? I’m Jiyeon’s friend that she always brought to your house back then. I’m sorry that I just come now to see you,” she stops. “I didn’t come alone. I come with my stepbrother, Sehun,” she said. “Sehun-ah, give your bow respect to them,” Woori asks. I bow to their grave.

            “I’m sorry for hitting you. I’m sorry for making Jiyeon loses her precious,” I said, while bowing….and crying. I cry. It’s hard to see me cry, but I cry. “I want to promise that I will take care of Jiyeon for you, but she just won’t let me near her,” I said. Woori my back.

            “Jiyeon mummy, Jiyeon daddy, please forgive my brother. He is actually a good boy. He loves your daughter very much. And I’m sure he can take care of Jiyeon just like you do. Please give them your blessings. Please pray for their happiness from up there. Please let Jiyeon open her heart for Sehun, Jiyeon’s mummy daddy,” Woori said. I look at her and hug her.

            “Thank you, Woori noona,” I whispered to her ears. She nods and my hair.

 


II.

A year later…

           

            “Yongguk-ah,” I call, opening the door of his office room. But, he isn’t there. Where could he have been? Jia said, she didn’t see Yongguk comes out of his room since morning. Could it be Jia overlooked? Maybe she is. It could happen sometimes.

            “Jia-ah, Yongguk is not in his room. Can you think of any place that he could be at? I’m desperately needs to see him for the orphans charity project in Busan. I need to look through for the proposal but he, yeah isn’t in his room. So, did you know where could he be?” I ask Jia, who is busy with her work and her eyes keep on the screen until I came disturbing her.

            “Just now Miss Jieun came to see you,” she gave such a simple answer.

            “So, he is probably with Jieun. Thank you,” I thanked her and left to the café at the basement. From outside of the café, I can see him sitting with Jieun, having a coffee or maybe a tea. We call that as afternoon tea. Or hi-tea.

            I walk inside of the café, straight towards them.

            “Can I join?” I interrupt their no-conversation-and-Jieun-just-staring-at-him-while-he-is-looking-down session. Both of them turn their looks at me. I smile to both. Jieun smiles back and nods.

            “Sure, why not?” she said.

            “So, what’s the matter here? Why aren’t you talking or at least having some stories to share?” I ask both of them. But, none is answering my question. I feel like talking to the wall, oh yeah! “Err..excuse me?” I wave my hand in the air.

            “Actually, this guy over here just rejected me for a girl. A girl that I loves the most. A girl that I want to cherishes the most. And I’m glad he rejected me for that girl. At least, it’s not someone else,” Jieun said. Her expression darkened but she manages to smile. A slights smile.

            “You like Yongguk?” I ask. She smirks and nods.

            “Stupidly me, yes,” she said. She’s trying to control from having her tears flowing. That is what I can see from her face. I hold her hand.

            “Who is that girl, Yongguk-ah?” I ask, without even having a glance towards him.

            “You,” he said. I look at him immediately.

            “Me?!” I was shocked. I never knew he likes me. He never showed me once. Not even once!

            He nods.

            “Jieun-ah,” I call her name. But, she stops me. Showing me her palm.

            “It’s okay, Jiyeon-ah. I’m fine. It’s not like the first time I’ve got rejected because of another girl,” she said. I stare at her. Then, she smile. “Ah! It is a first time. I never got rejected before. But, it’s okay. I can ask Mina to find me another guy for me,” she said.

            She took her handbag and stand up. She waves at me. “See you,” was what she said before leaving. My jaw drops. I stare at Yongguk angrily. I cross my hand over my chest angrily. And I kick his leg angrily, making him writhe.

            “You’re lying, aren’t you? About you liking me?” I ask him. He grins and nods.

            “I’m afraid to admit my feelings towards her. She’s too cool. She simply admitted her feelings just now. So, what do you expect me to react? I couldn’t just say, I like you too from a year ago but I’m shy. It is so not cool as a man, you know?” he confesses.

            “Heol!” I sigh. “Yah, pabo-ah!” I hot his head. He pouted. “She almost cried because of you, you know? And I’m sure she’s crying right now! How could you do this to her? I’m so going to kill you!” I scream. Luckily, the café is not full at the moment.

            “I’m sorry,” he pouts.

 


III.

            Being a gynecologist, I’m having a little quality time with my son. I always have an on-call service, working overnight, having a night shift. It is tiring if I have to admit, but this is what I chose to be. This is what I’ve been dreamt of. And now, I need to accept this. Plus, Ji Hoon is starting his kindergarten life this year as a five years old boy. So, it’s even harder to spend time with him when I have time in the day. Luckily, today is my off day and an intern agreed to replace me just incase I’m having an on-call service, so I could pick my son at his school.

            “Excuse me,” I remark one of the teachers, I think here. “When did the kids coming back?” I ask her. She smiles to me.

            “Usually they finish classes at 12.30 pm. After that, they will have their lunch with the other kids and teachers together. Around 1 to 1.30 pm, parents will pick them up,” the woman said. “Anyway, I’m Oh Seungah. Children here calls me Teacher Oh,” she introduce herself. I smile.

            “Ah ne~ I’m Lee Jihyun. Nice to meet you,” I pull out my hand for a handshake with the teacher. She is too pretty to be a teacher but kids must be liking her so much. Her smile looks so pretty.

            “Could it be that you are Ji Hoonnie mummy?” she asks. I nod happily.

            “How did you know? I rarely pick him up. Usually, Ji Hoon’s guardian, either Jieun, Mina or Chen pick him up. So, it’s a shocking news to me to have you recognize me,” I told her. She chuckles. Well, that’s odd. I don’t think what I’m saying is funny at all.

            “Ji Hoon always shows us your picture in his bag. He always tells us about his beloved mummy. That’s why I could recognize you. Since, I always waited with him whenever one of his guardians comes to pick him late,” she explains. Ah, that is why!

            “Thank you for doing so,” I thank her. She shook.

            “It is my job to do so,” she said. “Anyway, are you here to pick him up?” she asks. I nod.

            “Yes, is he inside?” I ask her. She frowns.

            “Your husband has picks him up already. He said he’ll take Ji Hoon’s home since you and all of his guardian’s couldn’t do that. Ji Hoon also admits it that he is his father,” she told me. Husband? Father? Who the heck he is? When did I marry? And when did I ever have Ji Hoon’s father before?

            “Did he tell you his name?” I ask.

            “Hmm…he didn’t told me that he took Ji Hoon’s back home, but he did tell another teacher. Let me ask her for you first,” she said. Before she even get to leave, I pull her hand.

            “It’s okay. I’ll just call Ji Hoon’s phone. He brings it with him, right?” I ask.

            She nods.

            Who could it be?

            The one who took him?

            He must be someone I know.

            Since, Ji Hoon knows him too.

            Could it be him?

            Is he back?