Chapter 24

Is It Worth It?

Chapter 24
Seunghyun woke up with a pounding headache. He sat up and noticed he was . He saw the back of a female lying right next to him. She was faced away from him so he took a peek to get a better look at her face.

He was shocked to find that it was his ex-girlfriend MinAh. He looked at her again and noticed their clothes laying around his room. 

It didn't take a genius to realize that he slept with his ex-girlfriend. 

He quickly got up and went to put on some clothes. He needed to get out of that room and think straight.

He can’t seem to remember what happened.

How did I end up with her?! What the hell happened?

Chaerin?! I just cheated on Chaerin.

He immediately saw his phone on the table and without thinking twice, he called her.

He just wanted to hear her voice. He doesn’t know why but he knew he had to hear her voice. 

"The number you have dialed is currently unavailable." 

He tried again and got the same operator.

He tried a few more times before he finally gave up and decided to calmly think this through.

MinAh woke and wrapped the bed sheet around her body. She walked to the living room. And smirked when she saw the man she was looking for.

"Why didn't you stay in bed till I woke up? You used to always do that."

Seunghyun stiffened at the sound of her voice.

"That was then, this is now." He replied before turning to glare at her.

"I don't know what happened but this was a mistake. A mistake that shouldn't have happened but somehow it did."

A flash of hurt can be shown on MinAh's face before she quickly recovered. "Oh I'm sure it wasn't a mistake. You know it as well as I do. You wouldn't have slept with me if that girlfriend of yours was satisfying your needs."

Seunghyun had to clench his fists real hard to stop himself from slapping the living daylight out of her for speaking of Chaerin like that.

"You can get out and know that you're never welcomed here again. I don't want to see your face ever again."

MinAh smirked, "Trust me, you'll be begging me to come back."

Seunghyun watched as she went back into the room and put her clothes back on before grabbing her bag and exiting the house. Not before kissing Seunghyun on the cheek which he flinched away from.

A minute later, Seunghyun's phone rings. He looks at it to see that it was YG calling. He quickly answered knowing his boss doesn't call unless it's important.

"Hello"

"Good morning to you too. I have sent a manager to pick you up. Come straight to my office, nowhere else."

With that said, the line went dead. Seunghyun knew something was up because YG summoned him. Not only that, but YG sent a manager to him to the office. 

2NE1 Dorms
As Chaerin finished telling her girls what happened, she could see how angry Dara and Minzy were. But she noticed the oldest one amongst them looking sad, real sad. 

"Unnie, what happened?" Chaerin asked, concern shown on her face.

Bom knew that it was only right to explain her side of the story.

Chaerin could only heave a huge sigh. "Is it still worth it Unnie?"

Bom recalled having asked that question to Chaerin when they both first started dating

"I don't know." Bom replied because at that point, she really didn't. 


YG's Office


YG looked at the men in front of him. He has watched them grow into what they are now. He knows them inside out. He also knows that they are both feeling very bad about what's been going on.

"Let me just summarize why I called you both here." YG slowly began.

Both Jiyong and Seunghyun looked at their boss, wondering exactly why they are there.

"You both F'ed up real bad" YG bluntly said. 

YG threw the newspaper on his desk, making it land right in front of Jiyong. So Jiyong is able to see what is on today's headlines.

In bold, "GD and Kiko Mizuhara Relationship CONFIRMED"

Jiyong quickly picked it up and could see pictures of him and Kiko from the night before. He skimmed through the article and learned that they were spotted together right after the dinner.

There were even pictures taken at his apartment.

"For you?" YG continued, looking at Seunghyun. "A good friend of mine sent these to me via email"

YG threw the photos of MinAh entering Seunghyun's apartment.

"That's not all because these were also taken." YG placed more photos. This time, it was of Chaerin at Seunghyun's apartment. Although it clearly shows how she was standing in front of his apartment, door wide open.

Then it shows Chaerin walking away, crying. It was unclear if she was actually crying but Seunghyun knows Chaerin. And he knows she was crying. 

"I got a call this morning." YG continued, "From the girls"

At the mention of girls, both Jiyong and Seunghyun looked at their boss.

"Chaerin was found wet from head to toe and unconscious in her room." 

YG quickly added, "Before you jump up and book it to their apartment, she is fine and conscious. I've sent a doctor to look at her and their managers are there with them. I cancelled their schedule for today."

"I've been told Bom is fine. She may not be emotionally fine but physically, no harm done to her."

To say the boys were relieved was an understatement. They can only imagine how much pain their girls are in right now. 

2NE1 Dorms


"Unnie, since Sajangnim gave us the day off, let's have a movie marathon?" Minzy suggested as the girls were still gathered in Chaerin's room.

"That sounds like a good idea Minji." Chaerin replied. "It's better than moping around all day. Right, Bom Unnie?"

Bom looked at her maknaes, "You're right. Let's make use of this day off that we don't get very often."

"In that case, let's each choose a movie we want to watch." Dara said as she got up, "I will go set up the living room for us!"

"I'm going to tell manager Oppas to go get us snacks!" Minzy said, getting up from her spot on Chaerin's bed.

As the two left, Chaerin and Bom were the only two still seated.

"Chaerin-ah." Bom said after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes Unnie." Chaerin replied, not realizing she was dazing into space.

"What should we do?"

"I don't know Unnie. I need time to think this through."

"You're right, I'm sorry. I don't know what to do either."

"Unnie, why don't you listen to Oppa's side first? Maybe it was all a misunderstanding?"

Bom looked at Chaerin. She's mature for someone so young. She's wise too. She was given the leader title for a reason. 

"Chaerin, I just realized how thankful I am to have met someone like you." Bom said with tears threatening to spill.

"Unnie, don't say that. I'm thankful to have met you. I'm thankful for having you girls in my life." Chaerin said, emotions at their peak right now.

"Unnie, just give it some time. Think this through. I will support whatever decision you decide. For today, let's enjoy it with our members. Hmm?" Chaerin continued, trying to help ease her Unnie's pain. 

That day, the girls each turned their phones off to ignore any calls that would interrupt their movie day. Minzy and Dara both texted their boyfriends explaining what was going on and they understood. 

Their managers were there so any important calls from the company would go straight to their managers phones. YG was informed of their activity and agreed to it. 

Big Bang’s Studio
After the meeting with YG, Seunghyun and Jiyong decided to meet with their members at their recording studio.

“So what the heck is going on?” Seungri asked as the silence enveloped the studio longer than 10 minutes. He couldn’t stand the silence. 


Youngbae and Daesung looked at the two quiet members. Patiently waiting for them to explain.

"Everything is just...complicated" Seunghyun finally said. 

"Define complicated" Daesung said. 

So Jiyong and Seunghyun told their members what happened. All that they could remember that is. 

"Don't you think both of your exes are up to something?" Seungri said once his hyungs finished their story. 

"I mean, for Jiyong hyung, how did the reporters know to go there at that time. No one knows where you live. You haven't posted anything and your apartment is a very secure area. Not even your fans know where you live!" Seungri stated. 

"For Seunghyun hyung, you don't remember making arrangements to meet up with Chaerin. I mean especially if it's in the middle of the night too! Besides, you would go pick her up yourself. You are too much of a gentleman to let Chaerin meet at your place. And the fact that the door was left open and you didn't notice? Hyung, you're a very secretive guy. You don't like exposing your personal life at all. You would notice your door open whether you're drunk or not. Maybe something was in your drink. Like it was spiked or something"

The rest of Big Bang sat in silence as they let Seungri's opinion soak in.

"Seungri is right though. Both of you were too careless in what you did last night. It's unlike you guys to be that careless" Youngbae finally spoke up.

"You both could have been set up. Who knows what your exes are up to?" Daesung said.

"Both your exes are psycho" Seungri said.

Seunghyun and Jiyong could only wonder how their girls are doing right now. They couldn't get in touch with them through their cell phones. They know their girls are ignoring them.


Seoul Apartments
"Your plan seems to have worked" Kiko said as she entered MinAh's apartment. 

"Oh, I am sure it did" MinAh smirked as she offered Kiko a glass of wine.

Both women sat at the bar in MinAh's lounge.

"They will come running back to us before you know it" MinAh said.

“Even if Jiyong doesn't, I just want that Park Bom away from him.” 

“Now we just wait. The media is having a field day right now. YG is being quiet about it. He blocked the photos of me and Seunghyun but I got a friend to release it in tomorrow's edition” MinAh twirled her glass of wine in her right hand. 

Kiko smirked knowing they both will get what they want in no time.

 

A few days passed and both Chaerin and Bom kept themselves busy with recordings, interviews, photo shoots and events. 

They have yet to talk to their boyfriends who have tried countless times to reach out to their girls. 

The articles of Seunghyun and MinAh were released. Chaerin turned off all social media. She needed time away from it all.

It was the same for Bom. GD and Kiko is currently the hot topic in South Korea. Everyone kept talking about it. Article after article were being posted on them. 

YG released a statement on both Big Bang members behalf, denying the articles. But fans are quick to dig up the past of each relationship. So although a statement was released, it didn't have the desired effect that the two males involved wanted it to have.

It frustrated the guys that their girls were ignoring them and the media wouldn't stop about the scandals. 

“Hyungs, did you hear about the girls?” Seungri asked walking into the recording studio where the Big Bang members were to meet for the day.

Both Jiyong and Seunghyun nodded their heads “No”, feeling defeated as each day passes with their girls ignoring them.

“2NE1 is now on hiatus. Their comeback has been pushed back until further notice”

“Why? Their album is basically done. They only have to release it and do promotions for it” Jiyong sat up, shocked at this newfound information.

At that time, Teddy walks into the studio and sits on the sofa next to Seungri.

“Hyung, did you hear about the girls?” Seunghyun asks Teddy.

“What about them?”

“They're going on a hiatus. This is out of the blue.” Jiyong replies.

“Yeah, it was decided just today about their hiatus.” 

“But why hyung? The girls worked hard on this album. The music videos are done. Everything is set for them. All they have to do is release it.” Seunghyun asks.

“Chaerin made the request to YG after discussing with the girls.” Teddy calmly says to the guys. 

He was against the idea of a hiatus because he too knew the hard work the girls put into this comeback.

But once he saw the look the girls gave him, he knew that they needed this hiatus. It was a group decision and 2NE1 never makes a request such as this. 

He knows the situation between the girls and the guys. He knows it was all a misunderstanding. He also knows that they will figure it out together. He will sit back for now, intervening only when he sees fit. 

“But a hiatus? What are they gonna do on their hiatus?” Jiyong asks. He is upset with himself that he has to find out such news from others about his girlfriend. 

“Minzy is going to focus on school. Dara will go to the Phillipines with her boyfriend” Seungri jumps back into the conversation.

“What about the other two members?” Seunghyun nervously asks Teddy. He doesn't know why he's nervous to hear the answer.

“Chaerin and Bom decided leave”