Chapter 20

Is It Worth It?

I'm back!!! So, who missed me???

I'm so sorry for not updating for months! I admit that I had writer's block but at the same time a lot things has happened to my family and I so I have been busy. I also went on a short vacation to Oregon to get a little break because of all the emotional things that has happened in my life. I came back like 2 days ago. And I never once forgot about my story and my faithful readers. I felt bad because you guys support my story so much YET I can't even update as much as I did before. But here you go.....an update.

 

 

The next day, articles of CL’s solo flight back to Korea without her members became headline news across South Korea.

The fact that YG didn’t put out a statement just added fuel to the already lit fire.

It was late in the afternoon when CL got word of the controversy she was in. Her members arrived late. So when they all got back to their dorms, it was almost 4 in the morning.

The girls slept in that entire morning, YG ordered no one to bother them as they needed their rest.

It wasn’t until the girls were all eating a late lunch when Dara and Minzy saw the articles online.

Dara was updating her me2day while Minzy was updating her twitter when they both stumbled across the article of CL.

“Omo!” Dara exclaimed.

“Unnie, I think you better come here.” Minzy called her leader.

CL, oblivious to what all the commotion was about, walked over to Dara and peered over her shoulder to see what’s going on.

Being the smart maknae that she is, Minzy quickly dialed their manager to see if he knew about this.

CL knew that an idol’s life is the center of attention at all times. So the article was expected, especially after what she experienced at the airport.

What hurt the most were the comments that Dara failed to keep from CL’s quick eyes.

 

Shin Min Ah

“Drinks will be on me tonight.” Min Ah announced to the staff around her.

She just finished a photo shoot and heard that news is rapidly spreading about CL’s solo flight back from Japan.

She got the text from her hired worker that they were able to deflect YG’s statement on 2NE1’s flight back from Japan.

So none of the media got word about YG’s statement, instead, the media got hold of CL’s solo flight which then became a big deal.

“If TOP won’t come back to me, then I will just ruin the career of that woman that he is so in love with.” Min Ah thought to herself.

“He will eventually come back to me. I will make sure of it.”

YG’s Office

Slamming the papers on his desk, YG yelled at his employees, “How did this get out of hand?”

He was called in to his office early in the morning because of the CL controversy.

“I thought I ordered a statement to be released about the girls return. Why is the media making such a big deal when we released a statement?” YG bellowed.

The room full of employees stayed silent.

YG’s secretary scurried into the room, “Sir, it seems that our statement was not released.”

“What do you mean? I clearly sent out the order to release a statement.”

The head of the PR department then came into the room, “Sir, I have checked with my team and we have received the order. We then followed up on that order and released the statement but it seems like our data base was hacked. The statement was deleted. We looked into it further and found out that whoever hacked our database, only deleted the statement and nothing else.”

“So someone hacked into our database and the only thing they played with was that statement? Are you sure nothing else was messed with?”

“Yes, we have checked and they only deleted the statement.”

“Okay, thank you for your hard work. You are all excused.”

YG went backed to his office, a few minutes later; his office door opened and in came three guys.

“We heard about the issue.” Teddy said as soon as he settled on a chair.

“The girls are safe and still at their dorms.” Jinu said.

“What do we do now? Someone hacked into our system, deleted the statement, and now everything is out of hand.” Sean said.

YG’s secretary came in, after knocking, “Sir, we just got word from the PR department that the media was given a tip about CL which caused this whole controversy.”

“What do you mean?” YG asked.

“Someone had called and stated that CL flew in first to save herself rather than her members.” The secretary replied.

With a nod of the head, the secretary excused herself from the room.

“So someone is out to get CL. This isn’t some kind of act against 2NE1 as a group but mainly CL.” Teddy thought out loud.

“We shouldn’t jump to conclusions just yet.” Jinu said.

“Yes, but first we must figure out a way to fix this controversy about CL. I’m sure the she has heard of it by now.” Sean agreed.

“I have already told the managers to let the girls rest and tell them once they wake up.” YG said.

 

Big Bang

“Hyung? Did you see the news?” Seungri asked once he settled in the recording studio with the rest of s.

“What news?” Taeyang asked, curious to what the maknae is talking about.

If there is one person to find out about what’s going on in the media, it would be Seungri.

“CL is headlining news everywhere.” Seungri said, flipping his laptop open and showing s the page with CL’s photo from the airport.

“Leader CL abandoning members in Japan for her own safety?” Daesung read aloud.

That caught GD’s attention, but first he noticed TOP immediately leaving the room without saying a word.

He ran after TOP to see where he was going.

“Hyung!” GD was able to run into the elevator with TOP before the door slid closed.

Panting, he asked, “Hyung, where are you going?”

“To see if she’s alright.”

“Hyung, maybe we should leave her alone for now.”

“I can’t. After that time I made her cry, I really don’t want her to feel abandoned or anything like that”

“Hyung, I understand that you are really sensitive when it comes to her but right now, I need you to calm down. Let’s go back to the recording studio or you can take a break but I don’t want you to leave this building.” GD said, in leader mode.

“Jiyong-ah, just let me see her for a few minutes then I will come right back. I have to see for myself if she’s alright. The media are tigers, they will eat her alive with this type of news.” TOP begged.

“I’m sorry hyung, I can’t let you go. The media is now watching her every move. If you are caught, then what happens? This will only get worse. I am sure YG-hyung is thinking of ways to calm the media down. What I need for you to do is calm down, and let’s head back to the studio.”

After a few minutes of silence, TOP gave in and followed GD back to the studio.

TOP couldn’t concentrate the entire time, so he sat in the corner of the studio, staring into space.

s understood that TOP just needed to be left alone so they continued their recordings, skipping TOP’s part for the time being.

CL

“Unnie. You okay?” Minzy shook CL’s shoulder.

“Uh, yeah I am. I just need some air.” CL replied, snapping out of her daze. She then walked towards their balcony.

“Unnie.” Minzy was about to follow until Dara held her arm.

“Let her be. She needs some time alone.”

Being the obedient maknae that she is, Minzy nodded her head in understanding.

CL stared out into the Han River.

This was the career she chose to pursue.

She knew the consequences of the life of an idol.

Her every move would be in the spot light.

She chose this life.

She has met a lot of great people because of her idol life.

She is a leader to her members. She has to stay strong for them.

This whole controversy is a given with her idol life.

She has no one to blame, she doesn’t really blame anyone at all actually.

The hate is also a given. Not everyone will like her.

She expected all of this when she decided to become an idol.

Despite all this, she doesn’t regret her decision at all.

Her love for music prevails through all this.

She can make it through whatever life throws at her, as long as she has her music with her.

 

“YG is handling the issue personally. He wants you girls to just stay in your dorms for now.” 2NE1’s manager announced.

“What about our schedules?” CL asked, not wanting her controversy to put the girls behind in schedule.

“It’s been rearranged so you girls don’t have to worry.”

“What if we need something from the store or just wanna go out for fresh air?” Bom asked.

“YG is allowing you girls to go only to YG Ent. If you girls need something from the store then let us know and we will get it for you girls.”

“I’m sorry for causing all this girls.” CL apologized once their manager left.

“CL-Roo, it’s okay. We are practically sisters, so there is nothing to apologize for.” Bom comfortingly told CL.

“Put your leader mode aside; let us be here for you. As your Unnie, I am demanding you let us comfort you in your time of need.” Dara tried to sound strict but couldn’t which caused her members to giggle at her failed attempt.

“Unnie is right. Let us be here for you, Unnie.” Minzy agreed.

“Aigoo, my girls are the best!” CL exclaimed as she opened her arms for a group hug.

She wanted to cry but kept it in, but her members could tell from her watery eyes that she was trying her best not to cry.

 

Teddy’s Studio

“Okay, so let’s just get some recording done today. Forget what’s been going on the past few days. Everything will eventually die down.” Teddy told the girls.

The members of 2NE1 nodded, feeling a whole lot better with those encouraging words.

They immediately got to work on their recording.

A couple hours later, Teddy sent the girls on a break. That is when the girls decided to head to the café to get a snack since they haven’t eaten for hours.

On the way to the café, Bom and CL spotted their boyfriends sitting in the farthest corner of the café.

Bom, starving from hunger, immediately ran to stand in line to get herself a tray of food with Dara and Minzy. CL motioned to her girls that she wanted to sneak up on TOP.

As CL neared the two men, she could see that they were in a serious conversation so she was deciding if she should continue with her playful antics.

She was about to turn around when she heard GD say, “MinAh pulled that stunt right? I mean, come on, it was only directed towards CL. Who else could have done it but her?”

TOP heaved a huge sigh, not saying a word.

“Hyung, I’m not dumb and I sure as heck know you aren’t as well. MinAh wants you back and she is going to get you back by all means. You know it as well as I. MinAh can’t be stopped once she wants something.”

There was a moment of silence until GD continued, “She wants you and she’ll stop at nothing until she gets you.”

“CL-Roo~!” Bom called.

The two guys looked to see who called the familiar name and saw CL standing just a few feet away from them as Bom comes running up towards her.

“Oops! Did I ruin your plan?” Bom says as the two guys hope that CL didn’t hear what they were talking about earlier.

Not wanting to make it any more awkward than it was, CL played along.

She showed her natural pout, “Aish Unnie. You ruined the fun.” With that, she crossed her arms across her chest showing her fake anger.

TOP, who could not resist his cute girlfriend, laughed at her angry antics.

“You’re too cute babe.” TOP said.

“Hey girls! What you all up to?” GD asked as the rest of 2NE1 sat on the table across from them.

“We’re recording with Teddy Oppa.” Minzy replied as she settled on the table with her tray.

Dara sat across of Minzy as Bom settled on the seat next to Minzy with CL across from her.

“Here is your tray Baby Rin” Bom excitedly put both her and CL’s tray down on the table.

As the rest of the gang started talking about their schedules, CL picked at her food as she was deep in thought of what she just heard.

TOP, being the ever so attentive boyfriend, noticed this and started to worry about his girl.

“Can I steal her from you guys for a bit?” TOP asked the rest.

“Ah sure, but we start recording in an hour so not too long.” Dara replied.

 

Confused, CL let TOP drag her away from their friends and towards the rooftop of YG Building.

“What is it, Oppa?” CL asked as soon as they reached the rooftop.

“I’m worried about you. Are you okay?”

“Do you mean about the news that came out about me?”

TOP just nodded his head.

“Well, I’m okay. I mean, this is the life of an idol right? I chose this path so I have no one to blame but myself.”

TOP could feel his chest hurting, his heart breaking at the sight of how sad his girl looked.

She spoke from wisdom and she was so young yet she knew so much.

CL was definitely different from MinAh.

With CL, he felt the need to protect her and never leave her side.

“It’s okay to let it all out, you know.” TOP finally said.

He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her small frame.

She comfortably wrapped her arms around him, placing her head in the crook of his neck.

 

 

It was almost 10 o’clock at night when the girls finished recording.

As they made it to their dorms, they were each stepping out of their van tired and wanting to just head to bed.

CL was the last to step out when she was hit with an egg. Before she could react, more eggs were being thrown her way.

She could hear people cursing at her and yelling at her about what a terrible leader she was.

“You’re a terrible leader!” “How could you ditch your members in Japan while you save yourself!” “You are not fit to be the leader of 2NE1!”

She stood frozen, not knowing what to do,

Her members turned around when they heard a commotion and they saw their leader drenched in eggs.

They each immediately ran to their leader’s aide, along with the manager who quickly jumped out of the driver’s seat to help aide the leader.

CL could feel herself being shielded and pushed into their dorm building.

The manager quickly led the girls to their dorm and immediately contacted YG about the situation.

As the girls were alone, they started wiping their leader down and continuously saying encouraging words to her.

They were all worried because their leader had shown no emotion the entire time she was being egged.

It all came as a shock when they saw her fall to her knees as she started to cry.