Struggle.

Is It Worth It?

Chapter 19

“Okay, so I was able to get us on the earliest flights back to Korea.” 2NE1’s manager said as he sat down with the girls.

The girls nodded.

“But, we have a little problem.” The manager slowly said as he watches for the girls’ reaction.

“What is it?” CL asked, hoping it wasn’t a complicated problem.

“One of you girls would have to fly alone before the rest. I couldn’t get a flight with all of us together. I can’t fly alone by myself; it’s my job to make sure you girls are safe and all.”

“So one of us would have to fly ahead of the others?” Dara asks.

“Yes.”

“Alone?” Minzy chimes in, hoping she wouldn’t have to fly alone. She wasn’t ready to be alone, she needed her Unnies.

“Yes.”

“Can’t we find a later flight where we all can fly together?” Bom asks.

“I’m sorry. I also suggested that to YG but he wants you girls back immediately. He says to let you girls decide who to fly alone and I will fly with the rest on the next flight.”

“When’s the flight?” CL asks, already thinking that she would fly alone.

“It’s this afternoon and the next flight is later on tonight.”

“Can we have some time to discuss this?” Bom asks.

“I can only give you girls about 30m minutes. We will all be heading to the airport soon.”

“Why can’t we all just go together?” Minzy softly asks once the manager left the girls alone.

The girls still haven’t recovered from the shock the earthquake gave them. They didn’t want to leave each other’s side.

“I will go first.” CL said.

Her members all look towards their leader.

“No.” Bom said, firmly. She didn’t want CL to be left alone, not after the breakdown she witnessed.

“Unnie.” CL’s voice was just as firm as Bom.

Dara and Minzy looked back and forth between their leader and main vocalist.

“Chaerin, you are not going. I will go instead.” Bom said.

“Unnie, I will be fine. I will go.” CL replied, standing firm in her decision.

“Chaerin.” Bom said, her voice going softer as she notices that CL won’t give in.

Bom knows that CL can be stubborn and right now, CL is being stubborn. No one can win against CL’s stubborn-ness.

“I need you to comfort Dara Unnie and Minzy. You lift the mood in this group which is why I need you to go with the girls. They’ll need you to make them laugh so they won’t think too much about what happened during the flight back home.” CL said as she took Bom’s hands into her own.

Bom nodded, knowing CL was right. She was the clown in the group; she knew how to lift up the mood. Looking at Dara and Minzy, she could see in their eyes that they were still shocked and scared. She would have to keep their spirits lifted.

“Alright then.” Bom said, giving in.

 

With that confirmed, the girls head on down to the airport with their manager. CL would be the first to fly and the rest will wait at the airport till it’s time for their flight.

CL said her goodbyes to each of her members and manager.

“A van will be there to pick you up. YG will send another manager and guards to accompany you once you land in Korea. So just look out for them. Here’s money to buy a meal for the flight.” The manager said as he handed CL some money.

CL said her thanks and went to Bom who was standing apart from their group.

“Unnie.” CL said as she hugged Bom.

“Chaerin-ah. Are you sure? I can still go; it’s not too late to change your mind.” Bom asked worriedly.

“I will be fine Unnie. Just promise me that you’ll take care of Dara Unnie and Minzy. I think they took this real hard.”

“Okay, I will. Please be careful, Chaerin. We will talk about what happened once we’re all back in Korea. Don’t think about anything and just be safe.” Bom said as she hugged CL once more.

 

 

Once CL landed in Korea, she went to grab her luggage before making her way out to lobby area to find her ride.

CL fixed her shades just in time as reporters rushed in on her as soon as she walked through the double sliding doors. There were so many that she could barely look around to find any YG employees to help her.

Reporters continuously asked CL questions as cameras began flashing in her face.

CL thanked her shades for hiding away her eyes that showed fear. She thought she would be able to fly back to Korea in peace and deal with the reporters later.

It got to the point where CL could barely walk, the reporters crowded her that she felt hopeless.

CL stopped in her tracks as a reporter asks, “Why are you back alone? Did you leave your members behind just like that?”

That caught CL off guard. It almost felt as if the reporter was accusing CL of abandoning her members and she only thought of herself.

“I’m sorry but please, no questions.”

CL looked up to recognize a manager of YG blocking reporters from asking anymore questions.

YG guards had taken up a barricade around CL to give CL space so she is able to walk.

“I’m sorry we’re late, it was hard trying to break through these reporters. We have a van waiting for you right outside.” The manager whispered to CL as he put a protective arm around her should to guide her.

The reporters were hard to get rid of, they never gave up and continued to follow CL until she reached her van and quickly went inside.

Once inside the van, she took a deep breath and took off her shades to wipe the sweat from all the fuss in the airport. She looked outside to see reporters continue to snap away photos even though the windows of CL’s van were tinted dark.

“YG would like to see you but he says if you want to. If you would like to go back to your dorms or to your parents instead, he’d understand.” The manager said as the driver of the van pulled away from the airport.

“I’ll head back to the company and see YG first.” CL replied, she would wait there until her members arrive.

She quickly called her parents to let them know that she arrived safely and she would see them later. She wanted to head back to the company and wait for her members first.

Her parents understood and were happy that she called to let them know. That’s all they needed to feel better.

 

“YG is in the meeting room, he says to go there.” The manager says as soon as the van pulls up in front of YG builing.

CL nodded and thanked the manager before hopping out. The manager said he’d take her luggage back to her dorms for her so she wouldn’t have to drag it around with her. So CL just took her own bag with her important things like her phone in it.

CL made sure she texted her members to let them know that she arrived and she will wait for them at YG. Each of members sent back a reply saying their loading onto their plan and will see her in a bit.

Once CL reached the door to the meeting room, she took a deep breath before knocking.

“Come in” CL could hear YG say.

She slowly turned the knob and stepped into the room.

She bowed and before she could say she was there, she was pulled into a tight embrace.

“Chaerin! Oh my god, you’re back! Thank goodness you’re safe.” Gummy said.

“Unnie, can’t breathe.” CL said as she tried to breath.

“Oh! Sorry. I was just so worried.” Gummy said as she quickly let the young leader go.

CL looked around the room to see the entire YG Family in there. She purposely avoided eye contact with one person.

She bowed once again, “I’m sorry for the trouble.”

“Don’t be. None of us predicted this would happen. We’re just glad none of you girls were hurt.” YG said as he motioned for CL to take a seat right next to him.

CL could feel eyes bore into her but she refused to acknowledge his presence there.

As CL walked past her seniors, they each stood to give her a warm hug and welcome her back.

Once she reached Big Bang, they each gave her a hug. Although it was awkward with one of Big Bang’s member but she quickly brushed it off and made her way to her seat.

“Why am I not surprised that you were the one chosen to fly alone?” Teddy said to break the silence that surrounded the room once CL had taken her seat.

“I chose to fly alone. Bom volunteered to fly instead but I figured it would be best to leave her with Dara Unnie and Minzy to cheer them up so they won’t think too much about what happened.” CL replied.

“CL and Bom are the stronger ones in the groups, if you think about it.” Se7en commented.

Everyone nodded their head in agreement. Dara has a strong will but she’s fragile once she becomes shaken from fear. Minzy is still young and she has yet to experience much so of course she would also be fragile.

“Do you want to head back to your dorms to rest?” YG asked.

“No, I will wait here for the girls to come. I don’t think I’d be able to rest unless the girls are back here safely.” CL replied.

It was then that the people in that room looked at CL in a different light. She wasn’t the young trainee they met years ago when she first started off in YG. She is now grown into a strong lady that cares more for her members than herself.

YG nodded his head in understanding. “Once they arrive, you can all head back to your dorms and rest. Take tomorrow off to rest as well. I will see you girls the day after to discuss all this. Don’t worry about the press too. I will release a statement as soon as I know the others are back safely.”

With that said, everyone stood up as their boss made his way out of the room.

“Chaerin, are you sure you’re alright?” Gummy asked once YG left.

“Yeah, you’re a bit too quiet.” Psy stated.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to worry you guys.” CL bowed.

“Don’t be sorry. Just tell us if anything is wrong. You are a bit too quiet for my liking too.” Teddy chimed in.

“I’m fine. I’m just worried for the girls.” CL replied, trying to convince her seniors that she is fine.

“As a true leader would be.” Jiyong said as he studied CL from across the room.

CL nodded her head.

“Do you need anything? Are you hungry or anything?” Se7en asked.

“I’m fine, thank you for asking.” CL replied.

The room went silent. Everyone knew CL just needed space so they decided to drop any other questions they had for her.

Everyone slowly left the room to go about their business for the day.

CL left, using the excuse that she’ll be going to their practice room to wait for her girls. She made sure to let the other managers know where she’ll be so they can let her know when her girls arrive.

CL sat on the bench in their personal practice room that YG made exclusively for 2NE1 only. She plugged her ipod into the sound system and randomly played any music.

CL was in her own world that she didn’t even know there was another person in the room with her.

TOP made his way across the room silently and sat down next to CL.

Once CL realized TOP was sitting next to her, she mustered up a smile and turned to him.

“Hi Oppa.” She showed her eye smile.

TOP could tell she was faking it but went along with it.

“Hey beautiful.” He replied, smiling back.

It then went into an awkward silence as CL looked down.

She wasn’t ready to face TOP after seeing that picture. She still didn’t know what to do. She hasn’t made a decision yet.

“Are you okay?” TOP asked as the silence dragged on for a little too long for his liking.

CL nodded, still looking down. She was having a heated debate in her head.

“Are you sure?” TOP asked, wanting CL to look at him and answer.

CL nodded, not looking up at all. She sat there, swinging her legs back and forth as she looked at the floor.

“Why aren’t you looking at me?”

CL just shrugged her shoulder. At this point, she was trying her best to hold in her tears.

She could hear TOP sigh and could sense that he was getting irritated with her.

“I did something wrong, didn’t I?” TOP asked.

CL didn’t say anything. She didn’t know what to say actually.

“I’m sorry.” TOP said when he realized CL wouldn’t say anything.

CL could sense he was sincere in his apology but she knew that he knew that he didn’t know what he did wrong.

“I’m sorry I found out late about what happened to you girls. I’m sorry I didn’t call you right away when I should have. I’m sorry for making you cry. I’m sorry for everything.”

It was then when CL looked up and could see TOP’s watery eyes.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad.” CL said as she brushed a tear that fell from his eyes.

TOP held her hand against his cheek.

“No, I made you cry. I’m sorry.” TOP said.

CL couldn’t help it as she felt her heart pound against her rib cage. Despite the pain she felt when she saw that picture; she couldn’t take away the fact that her feelings for TOP were strong.

She looked straight into his eyes and couldn’t find any fault within him.

TOP could sense that there was something else. CL was hiding something from him. He didn’t know what but as he stared into her eyes, he knew that CL was the one for him.

He knew that Shin Min Ah is his past and it will stay that way. He felt guilty for doubting himself that night he met with Shin Min Ah.

He knew now that CL was the one he will choose if he were to decide between her and Shin Min Ah.

At that moment, CL just wanted to forget the pain and be selfish as she just wanted TOP to look only at her. His full attention on her and no one else.

She quickly freed her hand from TOP’s grip and wrapped it around TOP’s neck. She pulled him in and buried her face in the crook of his neck.

“I missed you.” She quietly said.

TOP could feel her warm breathe against his neck and smiled. He quickly wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

“I missed you too.” 

 

Another update(: I'm on a roll! Lol, I just felt the urge to write so I keep procrastinating on my school work because of this. I'm the type that can't wait and must do what I want at the moment I feel like doing it. Sooooooo here you go~! I may not update much from here on out...depending on my mood. But it's the ending of the semester so my finals are coming up as well as the due dates for my term papers that I have NOT started on. Yikes!

 

But please, comment(: