Chapter 21

Is It Worth It?

TBH, I was going to close my AFF account because of stuff I've been hearing. So I thought long and hard about it and I really didn't want to leave my loyal readers here on AFF. Although I don't update as much as I should be....I'm thankful for each and every support you guys give me.

 

Here's Chapter 21!(:

 

Once again, news rapidly spread of 2NE1’s Leader CL being egged by anti-fans.

People started digging up more things about CL to criticize.

The members of 2NE1 could only get angrier at the public’s one tracked mind over a simple story.

But they were more worried about their leader who has gotten quieter than she usually was.

“Baby Rin, let’s go out for some fresh air?” Dara suggest one day getting her Leader to enjoy the beautiful sunny day.

“Yes, that sounds like a good idea. The Han River looks beautiful, let’s go walking over there.” Minzy quickly agreed.

Their leader made no attempt to move at all.

“Alright, Lee Chaerin! As your Unnie, I am ordering you to go with all of us for a walk.” Bom said in a strict tone that she rarely uses on her members.

CL herself was surprised at the strict tone used on her. So she got up and went out for some fresh air with her members.

The girls of 2NE1 made the walk a memorable one. They didn’t want to walk in silence so they talked about their trainee days, their embarrassing moments, and the day they made their debut, the photo shoots, and many more.

It was then that CL realized how many memories she shared with these three girls. These weren’t just any three girls, these are her members. They’re her sisters.

Each of them had their share of downfalls. CL felt that she was being selfish by acting that way when her members has gone through the same amount of pain, maybe more, than she has.

It was thanks to that walk, CL realized that she should keep a positive mind about this whole situation.

It did hurt that she had fans hate her to the point where they threw eggs at her. But she must stay strong and look ahead. She wouldn’t let that stop her from rising to the top with her girls.

Shin Min Ah

MinAh laughed as she closed the internet browser. She woke up to news that CL was egged but anti fans.

She really didn’t expect that a small scandal can gain CL that many haters. Those fans hated her so much that they threw eggs at 2NE1’s leader.

“I just need to make her hit rock bottom. I just need one more scandal and she would be done for good. No one would want her in the entertainment industry.” MinAh thought to herself as she took her cup of coffee and went to her balcony overlooking Seoul.

Just then, her phone rang. “Hello?”

“I got you to be the main girl in Big Bang’s upcoming music video.” MinAh’s friend said.

“Really? Now how did you do that?” MinAh asked, already forming a new plan.

“YG’s wife.” Her friend simply said.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you?” MinAh said to her friend.

“Trust me; you’re not the only one that hates a member of 2NE1.”

With that said they both hung up and scheduled to meet each other at a nearby coffee shop.

Kiko Mizuhara

She put her phone back into her purse.

So those rumors were true. Park Bom is going out with my man?

She silently fumed as she flipped through photos of the couple on a date in secret.

Kiko remembered her good friend MinAh telling her how she plans to get her ex-boyfriend back as soon as she gets rid of his new fling which happens to be 2NE1’s Leader CL.

Kiko has to admit that she thought CL would be the one to end up with GD because they are similar in many ways that when she was dating GD, she felt CL was a threat.

But to her surprise, it was actually 2NE1’s main vocalist, Park Bom that ended up being GD’s new girl.

Kiko flew back to Korea for a modeling show and she had the intention of getting back together with her ex-boyfriend, GD of Big Bang.

With thoughts of revenge in mind, she was able to score not only herself a gig with YG Entertainment but also her friend, MinAh.

Kiko figured that since they both have the same goals, they should work together.

 

Big Bang

“Okay, so in preparations for the comeback of the infamous Big Bang, we have already selected Kiko Mizuhara to model for your advertisements.”

“Since you guys are about 75% done recording for this new album, we will start scheduling your photo shoots and music video as soon as you guys pick a theme for your comeback as well as your title song.”

The head manager of Big Bang said as the five members of Big Bang nodded in understanding.

“Can we go for the three title song idea like the girls did for the last promotions?” GD asked.

“Well, YG didn’t really say that you guys had to pick one song but I can run it through him just in case.”

“It’s only because each of the songs in our album means a lot to us and it is really hard to just choose one song out of the entire album.”

“I understand, YG mentioned this too. He knew you guys would have a hard time picking a song so we scheduled a meeting for you guys to discuss this with him one on one.” The manager replied.

“By the way, how were we able to get Kiko Mizuhara as our model? I mean, I know she is a good friend of hyung but isn’t she also a busy woman. She’s one of Asia’s top models.” Seungri asked out of curiosity.

“Oh, YG’s wife recommended her because of the recent fashion show that she attended. Kiko caught her interest and she already knew Kiko is on good terms with all of you guys. So she figured that Kiko be the model for your upcoming album.” Their manager replied.

The five members all silently nodded their head. None wanting to speak about the fact that Kiko is GD’s ex-girlfriend.

She was his first love. They were an on and off again couple until GD caught her sleeping with a Japanese model who happened to be a longtime friend of his.

That was when GD officially broke up with Kiko and cut all ties with his Japanese model friend.

Since their break up, they have both met due to their careers but GD has kept it professional and did not let any of his personal feelings get in the way of his work.

Now, since he has Bom, he knows he holds nothing against Kiko anymore. He can say that he has no feelings for her.

But why does he feel like he doubts himself and his feelings for Kiko? He is sure that he is over Kiko.

 

On the other hand, TOP had his own problems to worry over. He heard about his girl being egged by anti-fans.

Yes, TOP was outraged. He wanted to get back at them for harming his girl. But what can he do?

He is also an idol with a reputation to protect. Not only his own but YG Family’s reputation too.

He got word from Dara that CL had a breakdown as soon as they got her safely into their dorms.

It all came as a shock for the 2NE1 members to see their leader look so broken. They have seen her cry before but not the way she cried that night.

Dara described how CL looked like she lost all confidence. She wasn’t CL anymore. She was Lee Chaerin. She was just a young girl wanting to make a name for herself in the idol world.

TOP could not help but feel really sad and angry at the same time as Dara described how CL looked that night.

He wanted so badly to just rush over to her side and comfort her. But he had to hold back because of the media and the public.

This was what TOP hated about the idol life. He had to keep his personal life a secret. Everything he did, he had to think twice. Like his relationship with CL.

He wanted to tell YG right away but he knew he couldn’t because CL was still under the dating ban.

YG would have their head if he knew about him and CL.

CL would have the bad end of the stick because the dating ban.

TOP hated this. He hated how the media can blow such a simple story into a huge controversy.

It frustrated him more that he couldn’t be there for CL when she needed him most. Especially when he knows CL wouldn’t say it out loud that she needed him.

He’s frustrated at how his girlfriend always thinks of him before herself. How she can’t just truthfully tell him that she needs him by her side.

He was interrupted by his vibrating phone.

Oppa, let’s go on a date. The rooftop of YG Building.

I’ll be waiting~

-CL-Roo!

A surprise text from the very girl that got him frustrated yet a simple text from her and all frustration are gone.

“Are we done here?” TOP suddenly asks.

“Ah, yes we pretty much covered everything. The rest is up to you guys to discuss.” Their manager replied.

“Okay, let’s take five then. I’ll be right back.” TOP said as he quickly got up from his seat and flew out the door leaving everyone in the room clueless.

GD smirked, “He sure is one lucky bastard.”

s looked at their leader confusedly.

“Hyung, I don’t get it.” Seungri said.

GD started laughing, “Let’s take five like Hyung said. I have a feeling he’s gonna be in a real good mood when he comes back.”

GD left the room with the remaining people in there confused.

Jingyo Oppa!

I’m gonna borrow my boyfriend for a bit. I hope you don’t mind.

-Your Hunchae

Judging from the text, GD could tell that his Hunchae was back to normal.

It seems like he didn’t have much to worry about after he read that text.

GD headed to the recording studio to review the finished products and begin working on the unfinished ones.

As he stepped into the studio, he was surprised to see his own girlfriend there waiting for him.

“Surprise!” Bom said as she waved her hands crazily.

GD smirked, "And to what do I owe this unexpected visit?"

"Do you not want to see me? If that's the case then I will leave." Bom pouted angrily and headed for the door.

GD grabbed her wrist, "I was just kidding babe. I love your surprise."

Bom continued pouting, not buying his apology.

"Alright, I'm sorry. What can I do to make up for what I did?"

Bom smiled, immediately thinking of what he can get her.

Half an hour later, Bom is happily munching on a corn while GD looks at her, amazed.

"Yah, you do know that's like your 8th corn right?" GD finally said as Bom finished a corn and went onto another.

"What's your point?"

"Hwangssabu is so going to kill me if he finds out I bought you all these corn." GD face palmed himself.

After another half an hour, Bom was finally done eating.

"Satisfied now?" GD asked.

"Yes! Thank you~!"

"So what brings you here? I mean, I love that you are here to spend time with me but don't you girls have a schedule today?"

"We have a free day today. We took Baby Rin out for a walk and she's back to normal. We planned to spend the entire day to help lift her mood but that walk did the job. She wanted to see her boyfriend so we each decided to do the same."

"That's our Chaerin. She will always bounce right back after a storm."

"Yup, so did you miss me?" Bom went into aegyo mode.

"Aigoo, your aegyo is killing me. Yes, I did miss you!"

“So what’s new with you? I’m pretty sure you know what’s been going on with me and the girls. What about you and your boys?” Bom asked.

“We are working on our comeback. We’re almost done with the album then we will begin our photo shoots for the album. But first we have to pick a title song and a theme for our comeback before we even begin anything.”

“Stylist Unnie told me that Kiko Mizuhara will be your guys’ model. But why doesn’t Stylist Unnie like her?” Bom suddenly asks.

GD gulped, “Uh….I’m not sure actually. How do you know she doesn’t like Kiko?”

“She said so herself. Actually it’s not only her but her entire team doesn’t like Kiko.”

“I’m….uh….not sure.” GD stuttered.

Bom heaved a huge sigh, “You do know that I already know she’s your ex right? So you don’t have to stutter like that.”

GD looked surprised, “Wait…but…how?”

“YG isn’t different from other companies, people gossip around here too. She was your first and you guys were like an on and off type of couple until you officially broke it off with her after finding out she cheat on you. That’s the story, right?”

GD felt both relieved and scared that his girlfriend knows about his past relationship.

Bom continued, “At first, I just thought it was gossip because most of the time, gossip isn’t true. But then Seungri’s big mouth confirmed it and that’s how we all knew it was true.”

“Oh” There was a pause before GD asked, “So it will be okay for me to do that photo shoot with her?”

“Well, it’s work so why wouldn’t I be? I mean, I know you’re the type to separate your personal life apart from your work so I’m okay. I’m a professional, you’re a professional and she’s a professional.”

GD hugged his girlfriend, “I’m so glad to have you as my girl.”

Bom giggled as GD started giving her pecks around her face.

 

SkyTempo

TOP rushed up the stairs to the rooftop of YG Building.

Once at the top, he pushed through the door and started huffing and puffing from all the running he did.

“Oppa?” He heard CL call for him. He looked around to see her sitting on a blanket, waving for him to join her.

TOP went straight to her and laid his head on her lap.

“Aigoo, did you run here? Why are you sweating?” She asked as she ran her hand through his hair.

He held her hands and when he started breathing normal, “I missed you.” He had on a dorky smile that infected CL and caused her to smile back just as dorky.

“Oppa, you’re being too mushy.” She playfully hit his chest.

He caught her arms and held it on his chest, near his heart. “I’m just showing my baby how much I love her.”

That got the leader to blush madly at his words.

“Is my baby blushing? You look so cute! Your fans won’t ever think that their fierce leader can blush.” TOP began teasing her.

CL covered her face, “Aigoo Oppa! Stop teasing me, I blush easily you know.”

“Alright, alright. Don’t hide your pretty face, I haven’t seen my girlfriend for a while and she’s already covering her face.” TOP said as he grabbed her arms to remove them from her face.

“That’s my girl! So what is with this surprise date?” He asked as he held her hands.

“I wanted to go on a date with my handsome boyfriend. Nothing wrong with that, right?” CL said cutely.

TOP couldn’t help but lightly peck her lips. “You are too cute.”

CL began setting up the food she brought for the both of them as TOP watched her work.

“Are you okay?” He suddenly asked, noticing CL’s hands stop in midair as she brought a sandwich out of the bag.

He could hear her sigh a bit before replying, “I’m okay now Oppa. I realized that my suffering is making my girls suffer. We worked hard to become an idol and being depressed about what happened would only bring my girls down. So I’m going to ignore those anti-fans and think of this as another obstacle that I must overcome to reach the top with my girls. I can’t let my girls down.”

The warmth TOP felt, he haven’t felt that type of warmth spread through his entire body, circling tight around his heart as he listened to this girl’s confession.

He was madly in love with this girl.

He brought her into his chest and hugged her real tight. “I want you to remember that even when the world turns their back on you, I will always be there for you. I love you Lee Chaerin.”

Hearing that, CL couldn’t stop the tears from falling. “Oppa, thank you for everything. I love you too, Choi Seunghyun.”

“Aigoo, my baby is crying. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry.” TOP starts wiping her tears away.

CL chuckled, “I’ve become a crybaby lately. That’s not good, is it?” She begins to wipe her own tears away.

TOP holds her hands, stopping her from wiping her tears away, “When I’m with you, you can cry as much as you want. Just don’t cry when I’m not around. I don’t want you crying when you’re alone.”

“Aigoo, Oppa. You’re becoming more cheesy.”

“You can blame yourself for that. I’m too much in love with you to even care if I’m cheesy or not.”