Chapter 17

Is It Worth It?

“Unnies, look at all those fans that came just to see us.” Minzy exclaimed as she pointed to all the fans as their van began its way out of the airport.

“Look, I see a Dara sign!” Dara exclaimed happily. “I thought they forgot about me because I only saw a CL sign, Bom sign and Minzy sign.”

The rest of 2NE1 laughed at Dara.

“Unnie, you didn’t see the other signs in the airport with your name on it?” Minzy teased.

“Hul!” Bom said as her phone vibrated for the hundredth time since they landed in Japan.

“Oppa again?” CL asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yeah, this guy. Aish!” Bom said as she quickly replied back to him.

“What about you Unnie? I don’t see you texting or calling TOP Oppa.” Minzy asked CL.

“I turned off my phone.” CL simply replied.

“Why?” Dara asked.

“Because he also wouldn’t stop calling me!” CL exclaimed as Minzy and Dara began another round of laughter.

“Aish, these boys.” Bom said, “Don’t worry CL-Roo, we’ll get through this together.”

CL laughed, “I hope so Unnie. At the rate their going, our phone bills will be no joke.”

The girls laughed at that and enjoyed the rest of their ride to their hotel where they will be staying at for the next couple of months.

Seoul, Korea-YG’s Office

Big Bang’s rapper T.O.P’s past relationship with Actress Shin Min Ah?

Shocking revelation of Big Bang’s Rapper T.O.P’s past.

Big Bang’s T.O.P rejects drama offers because of Shin Min Ah?

Painful past between Big Bang’s T.O.P and Actress Shin Min Ah.

YG slammed the 5th paper down on his desk.

So this is Shin Min Ah’s plan to get TOP back?

She decided to go for the low blow. She went really low to do this.

“So what do you want to do?” Sean asked.

Gathered in his office were his trustworthy men: Jinu, Sean, Teddy, and Kush.

“First, get TOP in here with his manager.”

Shin Min Ah

“Good job, I’ll call you if I need anything else.”

Now let’s see how YG and TOP will handle this controversy.

TOP will come crawling back to me whether he likes it or not.

So now I shall wait and see what they do.

 

YG’s Office

“What do you plan on doing?” YG asked.

TOP just sat there, thinking real hard on what he should do.

His manager rushed into the studio to bring news to TOP about the controversy.

It was then that YG called TOP into his office with his manager. TOP’s members wanted to come along to give TOP support but YG specifically said TOP and his manager only.

TOP did not know what to do. He knew that at times like this, s would be of good strength for him.

So many thoughts were running through his head about this controversy.

Who did this?

Why did they do this?

What do they want out of this?

How did the media find out?

What should I do?

But what TOP was really worried about was CL finding out about this. He worried she would misunderstand him.

When TOP found out, he wanted to call CL right away to explain but the manager was already dragging him away to YG’s office.

“I don’t know” TOP replied to YG’s question.

“Either we tell the truth or we make up some excuse. It’s your call, which is it?”

“Give me some time to think” TOP pleaded.

“You have until 6 o’clock tonight. We can’t stall for too long, the media will catch on.” YG replied, knowing TOP needed some time.

YG watched as TOP stood up and left.

“Make sure nothing else gets out.” YG ordered TOP’s manager.

The 4 males sat quietly, watching the whole scene unfold, each letting out a small sigh.

“Do you think he still has feelings for her?” Kush finally asks, breaking the silence.

“He’s with CL now. He can’t be having second thoughts.” Teddy stated.

“Love runs in mysterious ways. We may never know what is going on in TOP’s heart” Sean said.

“Let’s see what love does to these 3 then.” Jinu said.

The 4 males looked towards their hyung, waiting for him to say something.

“I already know who’s behind this. She’s just waiting to see what we decide to do.”

 

TOP

As soon as TOP left YG’s office, he immediately dialed CL’s number but only got her voicemail.

He tried again five more times before giving up. CL must too busy to answer her phone.

Guilt crept into TOP. He knew he should have just told CL the truth and not keep any secrets from her.

Now the media has caught onto his painful past and news are rapidly spreading.

This was way too much for TOP to handle.

“Hyung!”

TOP looked up to see s running to him with worried looks.

“What did YG hyung say?” GD asks as soon as they reach TOP.

“He’s letting me decide what to do. I have until 6 tonight to make a decision.”

“We went online and it’s the top topic everywhere.” Seungri exclaimed.

TOP could only let out a huge sigh. “I don’t know what to do.”

“This is the time where you stay true to your heart. It’s a test of fate. Don’t think about how the media got hold of this but think about CL. Do you want to protect her or not? It’s your decision” Taeyang states calmly.

“Youngbae is right. I know it’s hard for you to talk about such a painful past especially to CL who helped heal your broken heart. But now that the media knows, you can either deny this whole controversy or admit to it. Just know that we will support any decision you want.” GD said.

“Hyung, either way, CL will find out. You can’t keep this a secret from her forever. Secrets will always find its way to be revealed.” Daesung said.

“If it counts for anything, CL is the type to understand. So I’m sure she will understand what you’re going through.” Their maknae included.

TOP could only shake his head in agreement to what s said. He knew they were right, everything they said is right.

He should have told CL when he had the chance. Now, all he could think about was how CL misunderstanding him.

“You have a couple more hours left to make a decision. So think this through, don’t rush yourself. And don’t worry about CL. She’ll understand whatever decision you make. Just make the right decision.” GD said.

2NE1

“Bommie, come look at this!” Dara urgently called Bom.

“What is it?” Bom stood behind Dara and looked at what was on the screen that Dara was pointing to.

Photos of TOP and Shin Min Ah were posted everywhere.

“So the cat is out of the bag now?” Bom mumbled as she went to search for their leader.

 

Of all days, their computer illiterate leader had to be on the laptop.

Bom found CL sitting on the balcony with a laptop opened to past photos of TOP and Shin Min Ah.

“Baby Rin! I found you!” Bom cheerfully said as she tried to bring the mood up.

“Minzy was showing me this twitter site and how my fans were telling her to tell me how much I mean to them. We were enjoying ourselves as we read tweets from our fans to us.”

Bom could only look at CL in understanding.

“Then Minzy got this tweet from a fan with just a link to it. We decided to click on it, out of curiosity, and this is what we saw.”

“Where is Minzy now?”

“Our maknae is so mature.” CL half-heartedly laughed. “She knew I wanted to be left alone so she quietly left.”

“Chaerin.” Bom slowly said as she touched CL’s hand to give her comfort.

“It’s okay Unnie. I kind of knew about this” CL said as she pointed to the laptop.

“What do you mean?” Bom ask confusedly.

“I overheard the guys talking to TOP Oppa about Shin Min Ah. I figured she was his first love. They asked TOP oppa to choose between me and Shin Min Ah.”

“What did TOP say?”

“He didn’t say anything. He hesitated.”

CL also blamed herself. She knew she didn’t have a right to feel angry at TOP about this controversy. She should have confronted him when she found out.

She should have been honest with TOP and tell him what she felt and the fact that she heard what he was talking about with s that day.

CL could only blame herself for all that is happening now.

Right now, she has no idea where this puts their relationship.

“Don’t think bad thoughts CL-Roo”

CL was grateful for Bom. It was as if she could read CL’s mind and knew when to comfort her.

“This is the first bump in the road for you two. Now I will ask you what you asked me awhile back.”

CL looked to her Unnie, trying to think what she meant.

“Is it worth it?” Bom asks.

 

YG’s Office

“I’ll hold a press conference.” TOP said as he came barging in to YG’s office.

“And what are you going to say at this press conference?” YG questioned.

“I’ll tell them the truth about my past relationships with Shin Min Ah.”

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes, if I don’t then this will only keep coming back to ruin me.”

“If that is what you want then I’ll do as you wish. Just know that it won’t die down easily so be ready for anything. YGE will support you all the way. You should go get ready for your press conference.”

TOP stood up to leave but stopped right before he turned the knob to leave the office.

“Hyung?”

“Yes.” YG didn’t bother looking up from his desk.

“Thank you.”

That took YG by surprise, “I’m always here if you need anything. Go on and prepare yourself now.”

He has matured over the years, YG thought to himself.

But this is only the beginning; a jealous woman will not back down easily. All YG can do is lend his help for TOP.

Besides that, this fight is for TOP to face on his own.

 

Press Conference

As TOP walked into the conference room, all reporters quieted down as they watch TOP make his way to the table in the front.

Cameras silently snapped away, not missing a single moment.

Reporters eagerly waited for TOP’s introduction.

With his manager standing by him, TOP felt a bit calmer than he was before he entered the room.

TOP came prepared for any questions the reporters throw at him.

“Thank you all for coming. Today, TOP will talk about the controversy about his past relationship. We please ask that you keep this strictly professional and only ask questions based on the topic at hand.” TOP’s manager said as he returned to standing behind TOP.

“Hello, my name is Choi Seunghyun.” TOP calmly introduced himself.

“I am here today to talk about the recent controversy about me. I kindly ask that you write about this truthfully as it is also hard for me to hold this press conference.” TOP continued, cameras snapping away rapidly as reporters quickly take notes.

“To begin, I will truthfully say that yes, I had a past relationship with Shin Min Ah-ssi.” TOP stated as reporters gasp in surprise at their new headline story for the next day.

“So you admit to the controversy that you were in a relationship with Korea’s top celebrity, Shin Min Ah?” A reporter quickly asked, not wanting to miss any chance of a juicy story.

“Yes.”

“But you guys are not dating anymore, right?”

“Correct.”

“May I ask why you two broke up?”

“We were both too busy for each other. She had her career as a celebrity while at that time; I just began my idol career as Big Bang’s rapper.”

“Before you two broke up, how long were you guys dating?”

“For about two years.”

“And this whole time, you both dated in secrecy?”

“Yes.”

“Does YG know about this?”

“Yes, I told him when we first started dating. I didn’t want to lie to him and go behind his back.”

“Does this mean, Big Bang do not have a dating contract like your label mates 2NE1?”

“No, YG didn’t really ban us from dating. He just made sure we understood why he does not like the idea of his idols dating.”

“So he allowed you to date Shin Min Ah?”

“Yes, under the condition that I do not lose focus on my career.”

“Do you have any idea as to who would leak such photos about you and Shin Min Ah?”

“No, I don’t.”

“May I ask why you are coming forward with the truth when you could have clearly denied it as a false rumor?”

“So those that I love dearly won’t misunderstand me. I have not been truthful to them; therefore I am answering all questions truthfully. I do not want to lose those that I love dearly because of my past mistakes. Opening up to the public is my way of repenting for not being truthful. I hope there won’t be any misunderstandings about me.”
 

“Do you have anything to say to Shin Min Ah?”

“I hope this does not affect her career too. I hope our fans will continue to support us in whatever we do.”
 

“We assume you and Shin Min Ah are on good terms then.”

TOP hesitated on this statement, “We sort of went our own ways and haven’t kept in contact since we broke up.”

“So you both are not on good terms?”

“We’re not really on any terms actually. Neither bad nor good.”

“Is that why you denied the drama offer to play the male role besides her?”

“I denied the offer to focus mainly on Big Bang’s comeback. I’m sure you all know that we are making a comeback after being in hiatus for two years. Big Bang is an important part of me and being able to make a comeback together as five is something very special to me.”
 

There were more simple questions on Big Bang’s comeback until the reporters were finally satisfied with what they got.

 

Once TOP safely got into his van, he leaned back into his seat and heaved a huge sigh of relief. He felt like a small piece of burden has been lifted.

CL stuck to the back of his mind the entire time. He hoped that she would forgive him.

 

Shin Min Ah

“So he admits to it by holding a press conference.”

Shin Min Ah found it entertaining how TOP surprises her each time.

She did not think he would go to the extent of holding a press conference just to explain his side of the story.

Of course, she knew TOP would admit to having dated her before but she did not think he would do it through a press conference.

He wanted to show that girl how sincere he was, Min Ah thought to herself.

That was why he held a press conference to explain to everyone his part of the story.

But now Min Ah knows how serious TOP is about that girl.

 

2NE1

It was the day of their Japanese debut. The girls were going to perform on a Japanese show.

They got up extra early to get their make-up and hair done before they head down to the broadcasting station.

“Chaerin-ah, Bommie won’t wake up. I’ve tried for 30 minutes now, she won’t budge.” Dara complained to her leader.

CL laughed at her Unnie’s irritated face. Even though CL is the sleepyhead in the group, Bom was the hardest to wake up when they want her to wake up.

“It’s okay Unnie. I think I know how to wake her up.”

As Minzy and Dara got their hair and make-up done, CL went to Bom’s room to wake her up.

“Unnie.” CL calmly shook Bom.

“Unnie, we have to get ready now.” CL kept shaking her.

CL has been trying to get Bom up for almost 10 minutes now.

“Unnie! Jingyo Oppa is here!” CL dramatically exclaimed.

In the speed of light, Bom jumped out of bed. “What? Where? Here? How?”

Bom frantically looked around her room for her boyfriend. All she found was CL sprawled across the chair, laughing hysterically.

After a couple minutes, Bom finally realized it was a joke and quickly threw a pillow at her leader who was still laughing.

“Yah! How could you trick your Unnie like that?”

“I’m so sorry Unnie. But you wouldn’t wake up so I had no other choice.” CL said between her laughs.

“I will get you back CL-Roo. Just you wait.” Bom said.

“You must really miss Jingyo Oppa. Did you see how fast you jumped out of bed?” CL teasingly said.

“Aish! Yes, I do! I miss my boyfriend.” Bom blurted.

CL calmed down a bit, “Alright, I’m sorry for using your boyfriend’s name against you. But we need to get ready now, today is a very important day for us. Our Japan debut!”

CL quickly dragged Bom with her back to their stylists’ room to get ready.

“Where is Dara Unnie?” CL asked as she sat down in an empty seat to get her hair done.

“She went back to her room to gather her stuff. She said she’ll be right back.” Minzy said as she was getting her make-up done.

“Tell her to bring me back some bread. I’m starving.” Bom exclaimed from her seat, getting her hair done.

“Yes, Unnie.” Their obedient maknae replied as she quickly sent a text to Dara.

In the next moment, the girls didn’t know what happened but suddenly their entire room started shaking.

“Unnie!” Minzy yelled as she quickly rushed to Bom and CL’s side.

Their manager quickly ran into the room to check on the girls. The stylists all huddled together near the girls.

No one knew what was going on except that the entire building seems to be shaking. It wasn’t only their room.

“Are you girls okay?” Their manager ran quickly to the group huddled together.

The building shook violently, causing things to fall, mirrors crack, chairs fall backwards.

After what seems like forever, the shaking finally stopped. Everyone breathed in relief that no one got hurt.

“Dara Unnie!” CL exclaimed as she quickly searched for her phone.

Dara immediately picked up on the first ring.

“Unnie! Are you okay?” CL asked, worried for her Unnie.

“Ye-yes. What just happened?” Dara stuttered, taken aback by what just happened.

“I think it was an earthquake. Unnie, are you hurt anywhere?”

“No, I’m fine. Are you girls’ fine?”

“Yes, we are. No one is hurt. Unnie, everything will be okay. Don’t worry now.” CL said, trying to calm her Unnie down.

“Chaerin-ah.” Dara tried holding back her tears but she was too shocked.

“Unnie, listen to me. Everything will be alright. Don’t worry now. Don’t cry Unnie.”

“I was so scared, Chaerin-ah. There was no one here with me; I thought it was the end for me.”

“Unnie, don’t think that. Look, nothing happened right? Don’t worry Unnie. Manager Oppa is coming for you. Don’t move, just stay where you are.”

“Okay. But don’t hang up on me. I don’t want to be alone.”

As CL tried calming Dara down over the phone, their manager quickly left to get Dara.

 

Big Bang

 “Hyung!” Seungri yelled, running into the studio where his hyungs were currently at.

“Aish! What is it Seungri?” GD irritatingly said.

“Did you hear what happened?” Seungri frantically said.

“What happened?” Taeyang asked, not really caring about the maknae’s frantic expression.

“There was an earthquake in Japan!” Seungri exclaimed dramatically.

Once it all sank in, all guys looked at Seungri with shocked faces.

“What!” They all yelled.

“Japan. Yes, Japan. Earthquake. Japan and earthquake. Are you guys getting it?”

GD quickly stood up, not knowing what to do; he began pacing back and forth in the studio.

“Bommie is in Japan. The girls are in Japan.” GD worriedly said.

Taeyang, quick to react, grabbed his phone and began dialing the girls’ manager.

Daesung grabbed his phone to contact TOP about what happened.

“Jiyong-ah! Quick pacing and call Bom Noona!” Taeyang frustratingly said as he can’t get the girls’ manager on the phone.

“Hyung isn’t answering his phone. Where is he?” Daesung asked. TOP left an hour ago saying he had a meeting with someone.

Big Bang’s manager came in, “YG’s called an emergency meeting.”

TOP

“Why did you call me here?” TOP ask as he soon as he approach her.

“Hello to you too.” Shin Min Ah sarcastically replied.

TOP just stood there, not wanting to sit down.

They were at an old park where they would meet when they were dating.

TOP refused to meet her at first but she cunningly convinced him to come using the excuse of wanting to make peace and be friends.

TOP did not know why he let her convince him but he figure that it would be a good time to tell her that they should cut off all ties together. To forget their past together.

“Aren’t you going to sit?” Min Ah ask.

TOP looked around the park to see if there were anyone else there with them.

“Don’t worry. It’s almost midnight; no one would be out at this time.” Min Ah said, seeing TOP look around.

TOP hesitatingly sat on the swing next to Min Ah’s swing.

“So you admit to it?”

“Yeah.” TOP simply replied.

“Why didn’t you just deny it as a false rumor?”

“Because I wanted to tell the truth. I want everyone to know that we’re over.”

“You really moved on, didn’t you?”

“Yes, because clearly you did.” TOP said, referring to the day she left him to become more successful.

“You know I didn’t forget you for a single day since I left.” Min Ah tried reasoning.

“I just came to tell you that we should cut all ties and forget our past we had together. It’s all in the past. We’ve both moved on so what’s the use of bringing up the past?”

“What if I told you that I didn’t move on? Will you come back to me?”

TOP shook his head, “We’re over. You clearly made sure of that when you left me.”

“It’s because of that new girl of yours. You really love her don’t you? She’s just trying to take my place.” Min Ah frustratingly said.

“It’s thanks to her that I learned how to love again. It’s thanks to her that my broken heart is mended now. She’s not trying to take you away from me. I’m not yours; I haven’t been yours for the past years already.”

“You love that girl that much? Enough to forget all those times we spent together?”

“I just came here to tell you that we should cut all ties together. We had something but now we don’t.”

TOP stood up to leave but stopped mid-step when he felt Min Ah’s arms wrapped around his waist.

“Can’t we start over?”

They stood for a minute as TOP was filled with all sorts of emotions. He missed the way she would hug him from the back.

Min Ah knew TOP was remembering all those times she would hug him like that. She hoped this would bring back memories for him.

“Please” She pleaded, sounding desperate.

TOP released her grip from around his waist and turned around to face her.

“No.” he firmly said.

Min Ah threw her arms around his neck, catching TOP off guard. He wrapped his arm around her waist to balance himself.

“We really can’t?”

TOP stood still, not moving. “No, we can’t”

He released himself from her and quickly left.

Min Ah smirked as she watched TOP’s retreating back.

“Did you get it?” Min Ah ask as a photographer stepped out from behind a tree.

“Yup.”

 

Ohhh another update(: I was in the mood to write and quickly update once more while I'm on my Spring Break from school.

Hmmmmm, should I make Shin Min Ah is up to no good at all.