Chapter 7: Another Romantic Step >o

My First Love

(Umma: informal way of saying ‘mother’. Appa: informal way of saying ‘father’.)

While eating dinner, everyone was silent. At first Jaejoong wanted to serve everyone, but Changmin pulled him down. The two parents looked at Yunho who constantly took secret glances at Jaejoong. Who could be more obvious?

Jaejoong retreated to his room after wishing everyone goodnight with a bow. That’s when Changmin, hyper as always, pulled his parents to the living room to explain everything.

And everything was explained.

MRS Jung: OOH! My son has finally fallen in love! Although I won’t be seeing any grandchildren…but still!

YH: UMMA! ¬////¬ I don’t plan on telling him yet. He needs to feel it. I’ll make him feel it alright, but it’ll take time. Until then *glares* no one gives a hint to him. Ok?

CM: ^^ Don’t worry. He’s so clueless! Plus he doesn’t get love-stuff.

YH: ~.~

MR Jung: Well, at least you found someone. We got scared for some time there. We thought you’d never fall in love.

YH: T_T Appa, if my destined partner comes after 22 years, what am I supposed to do?

MRS J: ^o^ I’m just glad he came. He is so perfect!

MR J: Just for the record, no one is perfect…

MRS J: You’re just jealous -.- Anyways, I think he is wonderful! It will take time though, yes, because of what his life had been like. I can’t even start with how he might have felt all those years!

MR J: Yes. Having no money, food or proper shelter is equivalent to no life. I can’t come to think of the fact that he worked from such a young age. How could his parents let their little child clear THEIR debts?

YH: You never know Appa. Maybe they didn’t want to, but didn’t have a choice.

CM: You know what? I’m happy you guys accepted him.

MRS J: Well, why won’t we? We are not those types of people who care about social status 24/7!

MR J: Life has already been cruel to him from the start. What you can do is make the coin of his life turn to the other side now.

CM: ^^ Appa, I know he reached your heart and mine through our stomachs.

MR J: *playfully slaps him*

MRS J: ^/////^ I can’t wait to see what you do to get him Yunho!

YH: v///v As long as you guys can keep your mouths shut…

~~~YunJae~~~

Jaejoong bowed to them a ‘good morning’.

“Jaejoong-ah, you don’t have to be so formal with us!” the mother said. “We have accepted you and now you are part of our family. Please don’t be like this.”

“I owe you a lot, Umma,” he said. He could call someone ‘mother’ again.

Yunho sighed, “If you don’t stop saying the owing part whenever you speak to somebody, I’m gonna do something about it,” he warned.

Changmin swallowed his food, “Stop being so nasty! Give him some time already…you sure are insensiTIVE!” Changmin got slapped at the back.

Jaejoong accidentally let out a laugh. Umma thought it was really cute.

“Well,” Appa said, “Time to work. Yunho, get ready.”

“Alright,” he said and got up. He stopped for a moment and looked at Jaejoong. He mocked himself pretty much, “Well, since I don’t have a good taste in clothes, and you do, why don’t you help me wear something today?”

Appa thought it was a brilliant move and he was proud of his son. Jaejoong blushed, not only because it was a little embarrassing choosing clothes for someone who is going to work, but because he said it in front of his mother and father. He didn’t think it was a good idea to let them know that he said that.

“It’s not that,” he stuttered, “I just…that’s not what I meant when I said it the other day…” He didn’t know what to do.

Yunho pulled him by the wrist to his room. Umma started clapping and giggling.

Jaejoong stood in Yunho’s room…He couldn’t believe his eyes, but, this ‘room’ was TWICE AS BIG!!! Why didn’t he faint yet? Maybe because he turned to stone by now? Where was he living???

“Come on!”

They walked to the end of the room and Yunho pressed a button after which the huge sliding door of the wardrobe opened. Jaejoong could slap his forehead right about now. He swore he saw about a 100 suits, all of different colours.

“I have to go through this, every-day. Imagine trying to choose one of these Jaejoong.” Yunho chuckled.

Jaejoong began searching. Half of them didn’t look suitable to be worn, they didn’t look good on Yunho. He decided that his business would make more profit if he wore better clothes. He told this to Yunho.

“Really? Great! Then you,” he pointed at Jaejoong, “are my lucky charm!” ^^

Jaejoong threw a suit at him. It was jet black. “Wear that one. Don’t you have an important meeting about exporting today? See if you gain any extra profit.”

=== ~~~ ===

“Aww, Jae! You chose clothes for him!” Junsu squeaked.

“What’s there to ‘aww’ about?”

Junsu stared at him and gave him a lame face. “Seriously Jae? You are completely hopeless in terms of-” he stopped at the perfect time.

“In terms of?”

“…Nothing…”

“Junsu?” he called as the said man left the kitchen.

Junsu came back smiling. Nothing was needed to be said.

“Wait, Jaejoong,” Yunho said when Jaejoong was about to leave after serving his food. “Listen, you don’t need to work here.”

Jaejoong gave him a stern look, “I like working here. No one is going to stop me.”

Yoochun slapped his shoulder from behind, “Exactly! As long as I have this guy here, I’m going to be the most successful businessman one day!”

“Dream on,” Yunho said with a deep voice.

After finishing lunch, Yunho called Jaejoong. He asked him to come back in normal clothes, to which the younger guy refused but then was told that Yunho could fire him right now. This was just to make Jaejoong listen to him, and Jaejoong knew that, but he still did as he was told. He came back in jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt with a half-shirt on top to which everyone ‘wow’-ed. Yunho didn’t want everyone to stare at his Jaejoong. Then he shouted out, “Yoochun! I’m taking Jaejoong now!”

With that he pulled him away again. Again, everyone ‘oooh’-ed.

“What the? Where are we going?” Jaejoong asked worriedly. He had a workplace to work in!

Yunho opened the door, “Long drive.”

“EH?!”

~Long Drive~

Yunho drove away. Jaejoong sat silently. What was going on?

“Jaejoong, do you know that I was actually scared about the exporting decision. Who knew clothes had such a big impact on business?!”

Jaejoong looked at him. Really? Did he really just save Yunho’s job? How? How is that even possible?

“Oh…”

“This time,” Yunho slowed the Mercedes Benz down to the side of the road and stopped, putting his hand on Jaejoong’s, “I’m going to thank you. I owe you.”

Jaejoong chuckled, “Wow, someone owes ME…”

“Jaejoong, we are friends right?”

Jaejoong was taken aback, “Um, yes…I think we are…”

“Friends tell each other everything.”

“No, best friends do that.”

“Then we will be that, so that you can tell me everything and I’ll do the same.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“For now, let us stop here. You wanna go back?”

“Uh…sure…sure.”

--- --- ---

Junsu’s mouth gapped. “You went on a WHAT?”

Jaejoong was visiting Junsu’s apartment. “A long drive,” he answered. “Why? Is it bad?”

Junsu sighed in frustration and hopelessness. “Jaejoong, I can’t blame you for not understanding indications. You never had the time or situation for that. But seriously, the two of you went on a long drive alone. Jaejoong, that is romantic. Long drives are meant to be ‘romantic’.”

… Jaejoong stared. “Romantic?”

“…Yes…”

-Jung Residence-

Changmin was squealing…

Yunho sat tired on the bed, “But he didn’t get a thing.”

Umma said, “Well it isn’t his fault though. Plus, if this was a few weeks ago, you would have been clueless about romantic moves too.”

Appa nodded in agreement.

Changmin’s idea bulb lit. “HEY! Why don’t we go on a vacation!?”

~YunJae Love~

What happens next? xD may YunJae carry on!