Chapter 4: Protecting My Jaejoong, New Feelings

My First Love

Those who haven't checked in my last chapter about the notice, PLEASE DO!!!!!

~YunJae~

Jaejoong walked faster. Yunho kept up.

For some reason, today, Yunho was following him again like a stalker. Jaejoong had no idea why, after everything he had done, he was stalking him like this. To his workplace, firstly. He sat there from the morning, ate his food, then stared. He simply kept looking at Jaejoong and this made him uncomfortable to the point at which he was forced to say, “You may leave now.” Yunho just smiled. Nothing changed.

Jaejoong was told that he could go now. He went. And Yunho finally got up.

Only to follow him.

Jaejoong went to the store to buy some stuff. Yunho followed him right in, ‘shamelessly’ and stalked him right in front of everyone else. A few girls held his hand and tried flirting but his eyes did not leave the other man who was scared out of his wits, not because he was following him, but because he was doing it so scarily and openly and after buying him a flat! The girls eventually gave up after they saw that he got their hands off him and was staring at the guy before them. Then they began trying to touch Jaejoong and instantly, with a snap of Yunho’s fingers, four bodyguard-looking men came out of nowhere. The girls got freaked out after Jaejoong. One of the men said, “Hands off of Kim Jaejoong or you will face consequences set by Jung Yunho.”

Did Yunho just save Jaejoong??? Well he did, buying him a flat and paying him tips and all. But now, just cuz a few girls tried to touch him? He could have shaken them off easily. What was he trying to say?

He thought of places he wanted to visit, like the amusement park. Yes! Yunho wouldn’t follow him there would he? He entered. And so did Yunho!!!

Jaejoong went to the Ferris wheel first. Before the door closed, Yunho jumped right in. Jaejoong was shocked to the extent of letting out a small gasp and staggering back.

“Yunho! What happened to you? It’s like you changed overnight!”

“Nothing happened. I’m just guarding you…” he said calmly as his hands went to his pockets and he looked outside. There was no one suspicious.

“Guarding me? From what?” Was Jaejoong in some kind of … danger? He always tried to stay out of trouble, and trouble always somehow seemed to seek him out!

Yunho sighed, “Yesterday… I saw a suspicious pair of eyes looking at you. When we were going to check out the apartment, before we got it. He was in the hallway. I saw him once before, again yesterday, when you were going to work. You need protection.”

“Maybe it’s someone like you,” Jaejoong joked, but when Yunho looked at him, his heart sank and he felt a sharp pain too. Was it his eyes? He knew now that Yunho was serious, but did he have to show that face to him? The anger scared Jaejoong to an extent where he felt himself shaking and his eyes watering. “Sorry,” he quickly said in less than a whisper.

Yunho was too serious to realise that he had scared Jaejoong. “Jaejoong, I’m sorry. I just…” he looked out of the glass frame again putting his hands back in his pockets, “I won’t let anyone hurt you.”

For the first time, Jaejoong felt something different. Something he didn’t feel before. He didn’t know what it was. All he knew was that his cheeks were turning red.

When the ride stopped, they came out. Yunho asked, “Where to next?”

Jaejoong turned around and asked something in return, “Is that why you had those guards with you at the store?”

Yunho sighed, “Yes.”

“I want to go back.”

-On the way back-

Yunho sensed someone following them. He quickly grabbed Jaejoong’s hand which made Jaejoong gasp and blush again. Yunho’s strong hand was protectively, tightly yet gently, holding Jaejoong’s delicate, worked out hand. His four bodyguards got their guns out and the normal pedestrians were running away in fear. The said suspicious man came into view with another 5 to 6 men. Jaejoong wondered what he would have or could have done in this situation minus Yunho and protection. He could not wonder any further.

Within some swift movements, the police arrived, guns roared, two fell dead and the others were arrested. Simple job.

The bodyguards bowed and disappeared. Their job was done.

Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was on the verge of tears. His tears consisted of fear of the men, fear of what could have happened, fear itself, gratitude and, mostly, guilt. Yunho quickly let go. He didn’t know he was holding Jaejoong’s hand. The latter lowered his head in shame. What had he been suspecting Yunho about? He just saved his life!

“Jaejoong,” Yunho’s gentle voice said, and at that, he burst out crying. Yunho took him in his arms and gave a reassuring hug. “It’s ok,” he whispered. “You’re ok now.”

“Sorry,” he sobbed. “I…”

“Shh. I said it’s ok. Forget it. And stop saying sorry. It doesn’t suit you,” he said, looking at him with a smile. Jaejoong’s tear-stained face showed. The man laughed a little when he heard the suiting part.

He wiped the tears and said, “Thanks.”

“You have to stop thanking people too.”

“Well what do I say??”

“Nothing. You talk too much.”

Jaejoong laughed. Yes, maybe he did talk a little more than normal. Okay, maybe a lot more.

Yunho was glad. This time, he was able to make Jaejoong, not only smile but, laugh. And this was a big one and it was right from his heart. “This suits you,” he said, lost in his own thoughts. He didn’t see the blush forming on the younger one’s face until some 2 seconds later.

It was a beautiful tinge of red.

Jaejoong allowed his emotions to take over, for once, in his life. Life was beginning to show its beautiful side after 21 years.

------------------------------------------
How was it? Please comment! xD 
Thank you for reading! 
YUNJAE HWAITING