Chapter 23: Saranghae Changmin

My First Love

For those who are not Korean, like me: ‘Saranghae’ means ‘I love you’.

~In the Car~

The two new lovebirds sat beside each other in Siwon’s car which was heading to the “Choi & Kim” residence. They sat quietly, but Siwon was holding Changmin’s hand tightly. No one was ready to make the first move.

Siwon waited for Changmin to say something while the latter did the same.

And so their thoughts went on until Siwon decided Changmin had won this war of patience. This time he was gentler, softer, slower. Leaning forward, he caught the younger boy’s attention. Steadily moving forward, he made sure their eye contact was intact. And soon enough, he had his arms pulling Changmin closer to him. Changmin tried to look away but failed. Gradually, he closed his eyes and waited for the kiss he had wanted to be his first.

Changmin’s hand automatically went up to touch Siwon’s face when they touched lips. He pulled the older man closer and Siwon’s hug was tight. Their intimate position was disturbing to neighbouring cars which had their windows shut.

When it was time to breathe, they let go.

“Changmin,” Siwon whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you too, Siwon,” came an almost inaudible reply.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked in a very gentle tone.

“I thought…” Changmin began. So many things were in his thoughts, he didn’t know where to start…now that at least he had the chance to start. He faced Siwon, “I thought that you didn’t feel the same way. We have such a big age difference and you are a great neurosurgeon and… and I didn’t want to interfere in your personal life.”

“Eh!? What does our relationship have to do with me being a surgeon?”

“Ugh! You don’t get it…”

Siwon smiled, “Alright, I quit. Now can you tell me since when you started liking me?”

“I’ve had a crush on you since we met…”

Siwon was surprised, “What? Really? I felt something too but I didn’t realise it before I left.”

Changmin lowered his head, “And…I didn’t want to be the one confessing first…”

Siwon grinned. Yes, he really was a child. “What if you were late?”

Changmin jumped and looked at him with scared eyes. Siwon chuckled, “I didn’t mean to scare you! Don’t worry…” he pulled Changmin closer, “I’m here now…and for good.”

Changmin smiled. “Please don’t go. Stay with me…”

“Baby…don’t worry. I will.”

Changmin blushed at the way Siwon addressed him. He rested his head on Siwon’s shoulder. “I’m sorry.”

Siwon didn’t answer for a moment while the sentence processed in his brain, “What? Why?”

“I…caused a lot of trouble-”

“You didn’t baby.”

“-and you might have left before I reached you-”

“I’m sorry I scared you by saying that Changmin.”

“-and I was so stupid to tell you to go back.”

Siwon stopped. “You were just confused sweetheart.”

“No Siwon!” Changmin straightened up and faced him, “I was avoiding the fact that you loved me. I was scared that I might have been wrong about you having feelings for me and thought I would make a fool out of myself. I didn’t want to be rejected and I love you so much I-”

Siwon stopped him by attacking him again. This was a kiss quicker than before. “Forget that. All that matters now is our new life.”

Changmin smiled. But then he wondered, “That means I’ll have to live in your house……”

“…Problem?”

“Uh…no…” Changmin lied. He didn’t want to live in another house, but then he wanted to live with Siwon…

“Not to worry baby,” Siwon smiled.

‘Don’t call me that…it’s embarrassing…’ he thought. “Why?”

“I already thought about it a while ago. I don’t like living in a huge house with everyone in it,” he looked outside, then turned back to face his ‘lover’, “I want to buy an apartment near the hospital.” He leaned closer again, “Just for you, and me. Together. Alone.”

Changmin’s heart just beat 50 extra times in the same second. “J-J-J-J-J-Just for u-u-us? … T-T-T-T-T-T-T-Together…? …A…A…Alone?” he stammered. Even the reddest thing on this planet couldn’t beat our sweet little Changminnie right now. Siwon found it super cute.

“Yes baby.” He whispered, “Just for us. Together. Alone.”

Changmin gulped.

=Choi & Kim Residence=

“Splendid job. Splendid!” Mr Choi exclaimed. His wife was wiping her tears. HeeChul was practically doing acrobatic moves while his parents smiled. “I knew you could do it son.”

“Abeoji~” Siwon whined. Changmin was blushing madly. Formerly, he used to laugh at people turning red.

“Don’t tease them darling,” Mrs Choi said. “I’m just glad they made it in time! Oh and Siwon, have you chosen your new home?”

“Uh, no. But I want to now.”

~YunJae~

“Ah,” Yunho sighed, “life is full of drama.”

Jaejoong hit him hard on the head to which the other winced, “It’s not! Just happens to look like that…”

Yunho smirked, “Whatever you say, heartthrob~”

Jaejoong looked away, his hair hiding his hot cheeks. Yunho peeked, “What? You are my heartthrob! You make my heart throb.” He smirked wider. Then, sneakily, he intensified Jaejoong by closing any synapse between them, taking the other by surprise.

“Don’t do it in front of Umma and Appa!” he whispered angrily and very loudly.

“They are concentrating on Changmin and Siwon at the moment.”

“…Which we should be doing too. Let go!”

Changmin found it necessary to tell his parents about themselves ASAP. But now, he regretted it. Siwon gave a hesitant smile while Changmin stood getting more and more embarrassed by the second.

“Such a cute couple!” Umma exclaimed.

“Yes. Now will the two of you tell us exactly what happened?”

“YES!” Yunho screamed out, his hands spread in mid-air, “I wanna find out!”

“Well…” Changmin began, but Siwon took it from there.

“Actually I wrote a note to him telling him about my feelings and then I sneaked in here through his window in the morning to put it under his hand so that when he would wake up he would find it and read it and maybe reach me before it was too late. That’s what happened and now I’m ready to live with him in an apartment we chose just now,” he finished smiling. He then looked at Changmin who had a gaped mouth.

“Oh Changmin, I’m going to miss you so much dear!” Umma cried. “Come along every single day to see Umma alright?”

“Yes Umma…”

“And your studies?” asked Appa.

“Fully taken care of,” Siwon replied for Changmin. “And his future shouldn’t be a problem since he will take part of Yunho’s business if I’m correct.”

“That’s right,” Yunho said cheerfully.

~SiMin~

Changmin fell asleep in his new balcony with a book in his hand. It was a good thing Siwon didn’t have a nightshift or anything. He came back home, opened the door using his spare key to surprise his new ‘baby’, and was utterly disappointed when he found a sleeping ‘baby’ in the balcony.

Sighing, he put the book away. Without using any effort at all, he picked Changmin up bridal style and carried him to their bed. Dinner was a topic completed by the couple a long time back at the hospital when Changmin visited the inside of the place. Now, they were free to do whatever they wanted. Apparently, they couldn’t, now that Changmin was in deep sleep.

‘So what if we don’t stay up the first night. Nothing’s running away. Plus, it’s much better seeing my Changmin sleep peacefully in my arms.’

Siwon remembered a trait of Changmin he had heard years ago.

Yunho had told Siwon a fact that Changmin wanted to hide. Changmin could talk in his sleep. Although he failed in recalling what the dream was about, or whether he had dreamt anything at all, he still accepted that fact when Yunho taped some things during Changmin’s sleep and proved it to him. The dongsaeng found it utterly embarrassing. But his hyung had told it to his crush and that night, he beat up his hyung for the first and last time in his life.

Siwon paid attention to not falling asleep. He heard closely and carefully. Nope, no success yet.

Then he heard mumblings. He leaned closer.

“Siwon…”

He waited.

“Saranghae…”

He smiled.

Then he softly pecked Changmin on the lips.

“Saranghae, Changmin…”

<3 <3 <3

Readers! My wonderful readers! Where are you? !! :'(