Chapter 14: Siwon

My First Love

“Coming Changmin,” Appa said.

Umma pushed her boys away, “I still want to see the room.” Apparently she knew a way to unlock a locked door in her house. It was HER house. Yunho’s mouth gapped. He didn’t know she knew, he didn’t know either!

She opened it. The workers had just started. She saw the messed up bundles of blankets and the bedsheet. She saw the roses. She saw the clothes.

She looked back. Jaejoong had already slipped out by the excuse of breakfast. Yunho was trying to find one too but he was late…as ever.

“Yunho,” she smirked. “You got roses for him? That is truly sweet and very romantic indeed. Well done.”

Yunho blinked then smiled foolishly.

At the breakfast table, which was in the balcony facing the green garden, Changmin spilled everything that happened before the confession till what he saw.

“I told Yunho-hyung he was gonna mess it up if he rushed like this.”

Yunho stared at him. He needed a comeback.

“…Oh yeah? What about that time when HeeChul came and you asked about Siwon? Why did you ask about him all of a sudden?”

Changmin stopped eating. His fork was caught halfway in air as he looked at Yunho. “I…I told you, I was just asking…” he resumed eating normally. However, that scared feeling didn’t leave him. He felt like this was not the end of this conversation.

“Siwon? You mean Choi Siwon?” Appa asked.

“Ya,” Yunho answered.

“When was that?” Jaejoong asked.

“Before you woke up,” Yunho said. “And HeeChul answered him in a weird way. Then he asked if there was…” Yunho paused and looked at his dongsaeng, “…something else…”

Changmin stared at him. Then he frowned, “I said it was just a question! He left when I was 14! Why can’t I ask if he’s ok or not?”

Changmin got up and left the table. Jaejoong called him, “Changmin!”

Umma got up, “Changmin finish your food!”

But he didn’t listen. He went straight up to his room. Jaejoong glared at Yunho who was honestly confused.

Changmin went up to the third floor, shut the doors and jumped onto the bed. He hugged his knees and buried his face in them.

‘Siwon…he’ll never understand my feelings for him…and even if he does, we are still seven whole years apart…’ he thought sadly, ‘it’s such a huge gap…and …it’ll never happen anyways. But, I just can’t get him off my mind! I started liking him when I was 13, and then he left the next year…I should have forgotten about him by now…but…why can’t I erase these feelings… Plus, he must have found a girlfriend by now, and…my last chance… is gone…’

Changmin was hurting himself again. He reminded himself of the few times he had been with Siwon. At first it was just a small crush. Then, it turned into a liking. But, suddenly, Siwon left. That was when Changmin realised how much he felt for the older man of age 21. It struck his mind that he was way too old for Changmin and that, now he was gone, he should stop thinking about something that will never happen.

Even then, he couldn’t forget. He just couldn’t forget about Choi Siwon. He tried, but failed. That man occupied his mind, and wouldn’t leave. He didn’t forget his face even though 6 years had passed. He wondered what Siwon would look like now.

He wanted to know if Siwon had found someone…or worse…had married already.

Changmin’s lips curved to a small smile, “Nothing unlikely,” he whispered to himself, “if he is already married. Or, even if he…” the smile disappeared and he tried to push that bulge in his throat, “…has children…”

“Who are you talking about?” asked a voice.

Changmin jumped in surprise. Jaejoong had come in and he didn’t even notice.

“H-h-how long have you been in here?” was the first thing he asked. He was scared because he hadn’t told anyone about it, and it wouldn’t be nice if someone knew now.

Jaejoong smiled, “I’ve been sitting here for a while now and then I heard you whisper something. Who is this ‘he’?”

“No one,” Changmin lied.

“It must be someone you like. Someone who is probably old enough to get married or even have children.”

Changmin pounced on Jaejoong’s arms, “Please don’t tell anyone!” he said with big eyes and worry in his voice. “Please! Not even hyung! No one knows!”

Jaejoong got quite astonished, “Alright! Calm down Changmin!” He gave a reassuring squeeze to the younger boy’s hand. “I won’t. But then you have to tell me who it is.”

Changmin looked down. “You don’t know him.”

“Well, you can at least tell me the name right?” Jaejoong asked, his hopes high up.

Changmin looked at him and tried to decide if it was safe. Then he sighed. “Choi Siwon.”

Jaejoong looked thoughtful, “Oh yes! The doctor we were talking about…So Yunho’s friend was right when he asked you that? HeeChul right?”

“Yes, HeeChul-hyung is Siwon-hyung’s younger cousin. He is still a student, but Siwon-hyung is a doctor. He is 27 years old,” he looked at Jaejoong as if he was going to tell the obvious, which he did, “he’s seven years older than me Jae-hyung. Plus, we barely know each other and I saw him only a few times. He went to England with HeeChul-hyung and came back a few months ago. I don’t even know what he looks like. And he probably doesn’t even remember that I exist.”

Changmin looked like he was ready to cry, but he didn’t. Jaejoong quietly listened to the whole story. Then he asked, “Are you in love with Siwon-sshi? As in, really in love?”

The usually-cheerful boy was feeling down now. “I don’t know…if I remembered him for all these years…then maybe……yes…”

“Tell him.”

Changmin turned his head slowly to look at Jaejoong. He stared as if Jaejoong had lost his head. “Are you crazy?!” he exclaimed.

“Huh? Why?” Jaejoong asked. He may be in a relationship, but he still had lots to learn.

“I can’t just go up to him and say ‘I love you Siwon-hyung’ and I cannot expect him to say the same and make me his life-partner!” he was almost screaming.

The door opened and Yunho showed a furious face. “So HeeChul was right.”

“Hyung…” Changmin said, his voice shaking.

Jaejoong went up to Yunho and defended his little brother, “Yunho, take it easy. You’re scaring him. He didn’t have the courage to tell you.”

Yunho faced his lover, “Jaejoong, he tells me everything,” he turned back to Changmin, “and I can’t believe he hid THIS from ME.” His voice rose and Changmin’s probability of breaking into tears just increased.

Jaejoong frowned. He held Yunho’s shoulders, “Yunho. Stop it.”

Yunho looked down. “It’s not like I would have eaten him up if he told me…” he said with a sad feeling.

Jaejoong’s expression softened, “You think he’d be able to tell anyone? I just overheard him accidentally, or else we wouldn’t have known yet. Give Changmin a little more time Yunho.”

“Okay…” Yunho surrendered. Jaejoong gave a peck on his cheek and pulled him away, closing the doors of the room.

“Hyung!” he shouted out before the doors closed completely. Jaejoong pushed them open again to hear Changmin.

“Yes?” Yunho asked.

“Don’t…tell…Umma and Appa.”

Yunho laughed and went up to him. He sat on the bed and ruffled Changmin’s hair. “Idiot. Of course I won’t tell!” He gave him a hug, and left.

Changmin fell on the bed. He took his phone out and searched the numbers.

‘Choi Siwon.’

He never had the courage to call him. He didn't have courage today either.

-Next Day-

Changmin was walking home. He had just had his lunch with his friend and was now returning home. He thought it would be nice to walk home for once.

‘Seoul Medical University and Hospital.’ He read the sign he passed.

Meanwhile, Siwon just found some free time to have lunch and came out of the place when he caught sight of a young man. He turned and went forward for a better look because he looked familiar to someone his heart occupied.

He stopped with wide eyes. “Changmin…”

Siwon couldn’t believe his luck or his eyes. He just saw Changmin after 6 years! Wow…look at him! He grew up. He chuckled a little. Still as tall as before. Even when he was 14, the last time he saw him, he was 5 ft. 6 inches. The last time he saw Changmin …he was just as attractive.

The feeling wasn’t settled to be permanent until now. All about Changmin fascinated Siwon.

Changmin turned to leave, all hopes lost. Suddenly someone grasped his hand. He was swung back to face the owner of the hand. Changmin swore his cheeks heated up.

“Changmin-ah,” he gave a charming smile, “Remember me?” He could have taken the boy in his arms, but he held himself back at the last moment.

“Siwon-hyung!” he bowed quickly, “I wasn’t expecting you.” He smiled hesitantly.

Siwon made a mental note to himself: His smile is still as sweet as before.

Siwon laughed, “Oh please, stop the respect now. And how come you didn’t visit me when I came back? You didn’t even come to see me before I left! I was waiting for you!” ‘Uh-oh. I wasn’t supposed to say that…oh Changmin you make me lose myself…’ He smiled hesitantly.

Changmin gapped his mouth and looked at him, surprised. “You waited for me?”

“Uh…yeah…everyone was there but you weren’t.”

Changmin looked down. He was regaining some hope back. “Sorry…”

Siwon pulled himself back together, “You didn’t come to see me when I came back two months ago…”

“You didn’t come to see m-…us either!” Changmin counterattacked. Unlike Siwon, he caught himself before saying ‘me’.

“And you also said you would call sometimes and ask how my studies were going!”

“You could have done that too!”

“Fine!” Siwon looked up, “I surrender. You win. Now, do you want to come with me for lunch because I am starving.”

Changmin was never with Siwon alone. Yunho or HeeChul would always be there. He was flustered. “Uh…I just ate mine…so-”

“I don’t care. You’re coming with me,” he said.

As he was about to reach for Changmin’s hand to pull him to his car, he realised he had never let go of his hand after spinning him around in the first place. They both looked at their hands. Siwon quickly let go and Changmin pulled it away.

“What are you waiting for? Come on!” Siwon said as he opened the door of the car. Changmin got in. This was the first time he was sitting beside Siwon, let alone in a car with only the two of them.

As they drove, Changmin reminded him that he had already eaten once. Siwon told him that he knew how much Changmin could eat and he knew he could eat five more plates of lunch without any problem. Changmin looked down in embarrassment. Siwon beat himself up in his head.

“I didn’t mean to say it like that! I just want you to have lunch with me that’s all.”

-After Lunch, in the Car-

“I still have half an hour in my hands,” Siwon said, “Want to go somewhere else?”

Changmin looked at him, “Uh, if you want…where do you wanna go?”

Siwon thought as he looked in front of him, “I miss Seoul. I want to go everywhere. If I’m correct, the traffic should be light now. Do you have any problem with me driving wherever I want?”

“Of course not!” he smiled.

Siwon drove to the park, to the huge fountain in the middle of the city, to his favourite places, and ended up in front of his workplace. He still had five minutes in hand.

“That was memorable,” Siwon said.

“Memorable?”

“Yeah…” Siwon was confused. “I mean after such a long time,” he lied.

“Oh yes.” Changmin was about to get out of the car when Siwon held him back.

“We’re meeting again tomorrow right?” he asked hopefully.

“Oh really? For what?”

Siwon felt disappointment. “If you have plans then it’s ok…”

“No, I don’t. I’m usually free in the evening. But where would you want to go…with me?” Changmin said. “Plus, you’re a doctor, really busy I suppose.”

“Yeah…no life,” he laughed softly. “Okay, I’ll call you at night.”

Changmin was taken aback. Siwon just said the ride was memorable, he just said he wanted to spend time with Changmin again tomorrow which almost sounded like they would meet everyday from now on, and he just said he’d call tonight.

“Um, sure,” Changmin answered. They both got out of the car. “I’ll leave then,” he said.

Siwon waved bye until Changmin was out of sight. He still stared in that direction, leaning on his car.

“Wasn’t that Changmin, hyung?”

Siwon turned around to find HeeChul smirking. “Yeah…”

“Well, I think it’s time for you to go back to work and stop thinking about Changmin.”

“Yeah…”

HeeChul frowned, “Quit ‘yeah’-ing me! Go to work!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3

^^ How was it guys? I like their first day together ^.^ What will happen next?
Stay tuned to find out! 
Comment please!