Krisho/Exo-M: Play

AU drabble dump

Drabble 20: Play, Exo-M

A playful growl rumbled in Yifan’s chest as he chased after his youngest pup. Zitao yelped and took off, his stubby little legs tumbling through the grass as he zipped away from the older wolf.

Yifan howled and fell down lightly when he felt two pups come crashing into his side. He huffed happily when Jongdae and Luhan clambered over his strong back and snuffled at his face, his cheeks affectionately as they squeaked at him.

A soft laugh echoed through the meadow, and Yifan twisted his head to see a human young man sitting off to the side. He gently nudged Jongdae and Luhan off of his face and then transformed into his human avatar. “Junmyeon.”

“Yifan.”

They stared each other silently for a few moments until Zitao came barreling into Yifan’s leg with Minseok not far behind. Junmyeon laughed softly again and came to walk into the enclosure to help Yifan detach the two pups from his pants. The five pups were curious about Junmyeon’s presence and happily nosed at his sleeves for a few minutes before wandering off to play in the meadow while the two adults withdrew to the side of the field.

“What brings you here?”

“You know that I love to watch you in your wolf form.”

“Hm.” Yifan threw his arm over Junmyeon’s shoulders, and Junmyeon leaned into his side in response. “Poor things, their parents were killed by hunters. They were brought here to the preserve by one of the city wolf packs who found them, but couldn’t care for them.”

“How sad.” Junmyeon stared out at the five little pups play-fighting in the grass. “They’re so cute. When will they be able to take human forms like you?”

“In a few weeks. These ones are barely a month old.”

“They’re so fluffy,” Junmyeon laughed softly, and Yifan smiled at the sound.

“Transform and come play with us.” Yifan stretched his arms over his head, and then got on his knees. “It’ll be fun.”

“Oh!” Junmyeon blinked. “Um…well, I guess it can’t hurt.” Junmyeon was rather shy about his wolf form. Yifan wasn’t sure why, since Junmyeon looked just fine as either a wolf or human, but he was trying to break Junmyeon’s shyness. Hopefully, playing with the pups would get him to open up a little bit.

There was a faint popping noise, and then a small grey wolf was by Yifan’s side. Yifan also transformed, and together, they went to the middle of the field. Junmyeon affectionately greeted each pup and all of their faces thoroughly, wrinkling at the state of their fur.

The pups relished the attention and crowded around Junmyeon, huddling into his warm fur. Junmyeon wagged his tail happily, his eyes bright as he looked over at Yifan. Eventually, the pups drew out of Junmyeon’s side and pulled Yifan and Junmyeon into a playful game of tag.

After a few hours, the skies began to darken, and Junmyeon and Yifan carefully herded the pups out of the meadow and back down to the orphan center a ways down the path. Once their pups were in safe hands, they both transformed back into their human forms and headed off to the bathrooms to wash up.

“They were so cute, Yifan. Jongdae’s going to be a little devil when he gets older, that’s for sure,” Junmyeon laughed softly as he picked some grass out of his hair.

Yifan smiled. “Luhan’s going to be beautiful when he gets older too, he’s already got big doe eyes and a pretty coat.”

“He’ll have trouble, though, if he gets too pretty,” Junmyeon frowned slightly, and then dusted his hands over the trash can. He turned to Yifan and began picking grass out of his hair as well, laughing quietly as Yifan huffed in mock annoyance.

“We’ll teach him how to be safe. No hunter will get their hands on him once he’s grown up and left the orphanage.”

“Hm.” Junmyeon patted Yifan’s hair down. “There, all done.”

“Are you coming over tonight?”

“I’m sorry, I told my cousins that I would be coming home today. Maybe tomorrow, though.”

“Alright, see you tomorrow at work Junmyeon.”

“See you!”

The two wolves headed off for their separate homes, satisfied with a good day’s work.

a/n: Written for laughingvirus--I hope this satisfies a little bit of your craving for a cuddly wolf au!