Seho: Break Free

AU drabble dump

Drabble 28: Break Free Seho

“Will you be able to get to the bus stop on your own?”

“I’ll be fine, hyung,” Sehun muttered, rolling his eyes as he grabbed his bag. “I can walk five steps down the street.”

“I just want to be sure. It’s dark outside, you know.” Junmyeon smiled patiently at Sehun as Sehun packed up his school books.

“Thanks,” Sehun sighed. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Let me get the door for you.” Junmyeon got up from his chair and courteously opened the door for his younger friend.

Sehun did his best to smile cheerfully at Junmyeon. “I’ll see you at class tomorrow.”

“Yeah, see you.”

Sehun left the house, his shoulders sagging in relief when he heard the door click shut behind him. He walked down Junmyeon’s driveway and on to the sidewalk, moodily kicking at a stray pebble in his way. He knew, without turning around, that Junmyeon was standing at the window, watching to make sure that he got safely to the bus stop.

It was so frustrating. True, he was four years younger, than Junmyeon, but that didn’t mean that he needed Junmyeon fluttering and breathing down his neck at all times. He was an adult, and he could take care of himself on a regular basis—he didn’t need Junmyeon to watch him through the window, he didn’t need to text Junmyeon that he’d gotten home safely. It was nice that Junmyeon cared about him so much, but sometimes, Junmyeon’s attention was smothering.

The bus pulled up in front of the stop, and Sehun stepped on, mechanically dropping two dollars into the change box and heading for an empty seat. He pulled his earbuds out of his pockets and plugged them into his phone. He swiped across the screen and selected a song to serenade him for the ten minute bus ride to his dorms seven blocks away.

A text message from Junmyeon popped up. Have a safe ride! <3

Sehun sighed through his nose and typed back a quick Thanks hyung :D, and then locked his screen.

He loved Junmyeon, as a beloved, caring friend. But sometimes, Sehun just wanted to break free of his attention, and try something on his own. Even if he got hurt from the experience, he just wanted to try something for himself—not with Junmyeon’s supportive hand on his shoulder, showing him the ropes, showing him the safest path to success.

The bus lurched to a stop on the college campus, and Sehun exited the bus, heading towards his apartments. He climbed the stairs up to his room and entered, collapsing on to his bed. His roommate was nowhere in sight—he was probably spending another late night at his internship in a pharmacology lab. Sehun sighed heavily and pulled out his phone. His thumb hesitated for a moment, and then he reluctantly pulled up his messages.

I’m back home.

Junmyeon texted back a few seconds later. Alright. Good night, Sehunnie~

Sehun smiled quietly, closing his eyes for a moment. No matter how much he wanted to break free of Junmyeon’s attention, something kept drawing him back to his hyung.

a/n: So, it wasn't really seho. They were just friends :) This was written while listening to "Gravity" by Sarah Bareilles. I know I've been missing for a month, but I'm in a couple of exchanges, school started again..and I'm also working on a 25k+ krisho!! :D So, please anticipate that long work. I'm thinking about posting the first chapter in a couple weeks.

As always, please comment if you have time, and thanks for reading!