ChanKai: Irresistible

AU drabble dump

a/n: Vampire!Au. Written for aff user WildJinx

Drabble 22: Irresistible Chankai

Chanyeol sat in this shadows, his eyes calm and calculating. Customers came and went out the shop, the little bell on top of the door tinkling every time someone came or left. Chanyeol stirred his tea and took a small sip, his eyes flashing with anticipation. Soon, soon—

The little bell tinkled again, and a young man walked into the store. Chanyeol closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, bathing his senses in the sweet scent of the man standing at the front counter. The man shifted between his feet as he waited for his order to be completed, and Chanyeol let his eyes sweep over the tanned arms and strong back presented before him, and then glanced down at his tea cup, his lips curling into a cool smirk.

The young man’s order was called out and he leapt forward to take it, gratefully thanking the cashier before bounding out of the shop. Chanyeol shook his head and got to his feet, dumping his cup in the trash before heading out into the street. Did the human really think he could hope to escape?

Chanyeol concentrated, and the busy street around him melted into a small side alley. “You should stop trying to run away, Kai.”

The man flinched and put his arms up in front of his face. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and grasped his hand, drawing it away from his eyes. “Don’t be afraid. I have no intention of turning you.”

Kai tried to tear away from Chanyeol’s grasp, but it was too late—there was already a tiny wound on the tip of his pinky finger. He clutched his hand to his chest and glared. “Why do you keep following me?”

“Surely you’ve figured it out by now.” Chanyeol at his lips and smiled at the faint traces of Kai’s taste that remained.

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“Ah. That is a much more complicated question.” Chanyeol sniffed at the air delicately and was nearly overwhelmed with Kai’s delicious scent. “But it is for the same reason as before. You are absolutely irresistible to me, Kai.”

Kai shot him a frightened look and bolted out of the alleyway. Chanyeol let him go, and instead focused on Kai’s scent that permeated through the air, masking any other smells of smoke, pollution, or food from the nearby apartments.

But really, when was Kai going to learn? Chanyeol shook his head and sighed. Humans. They’d always thought that they were invincible.

a/n: Ho ho ho~ I hope you like it Jinx...Chanyeol isn't really characterized as he is in real life ahaha. This is my first time writing Chankai, so I hope you enjoyed!

Please comment with your thoughts, and upvote and subscribe if you're enjoying the series so far~ Thanks for reading!