Krisho: Eyes on Me

AU drabble dump

a/n: It's not really a romantic plot. This was written while I was thinking about one of my best friends who strongly supports my musical ventures and tries to come to all of my performances.

Drabble 18: Krisho, Eyes on Me

Yifan stared, transfixed by the sight on the stage before him. Water flowed in mysterious shapes and patterns, directed by an unseen force as they swirled and shifted across the stage in the dimming lights.

Yifan’s business partner, Zitao, straightened up in his seat and leaned forward so that his elbows were resting on the edge of the table. “It’s Suho—we’re in for a real treat here tonight, Yifan.”

Yifan blinked. “What is this?”

“He’s a singer and performing artist, but he’s also an elemental. His shows are widely acclaimed—I didn’t know he would be performing at this venue tonight.”

“If he’s that famous, how could you not know that he’d be performing here tonight? Is that why our table was ridiculously overpriced?”

“Does it matter? We have the best seats in the house tonight,” Zitao said distractedly, his eyes never once leaving the shifting formations of water floating through the air. “By the end of the night, you’ll see that the money was worth it.”

Zitao turned out to be right—their money was worth the seats they had. Suho’s versatile voice coupled with his million-watt smile and high energy made for one of the best shows Yifan had ever seen. Eventually, they left the restaurant and Zitao hailed down a cab for the two of them.

Yifan lied and pretended that he left his phone in the restaurant. “You can go on without me. I’ll see you at the meeting tomorrow.”

“I hope you find your phone!” Zitao looked at him with such concern that Yifan almost felt guilty; between the two of them, they know how important a business man’s phone is. But really, Zitao doesn’t have to worry because it’s tucked safely away in the inside of Yifan’s suit jacket.

“It’s probably just lying on the table, don’t worry about it. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Zitao gave him a tight nod, and the cab peeled off into the darkness as Yifan went back into the restaurant. Instead of heading for the tables, he headed to the back room of the restaurant.

“Excuse me!” A stout young man blocked Yifan from entering the room. “Do you have authorization to be here?”

“I’m here to see Suho.”

“Do you have authorization to see him, sir?”

The door to the back room popped open and Suho poked his head out, his eyes widening slightly when he saw Yifan. “Ryeowook, it’s fine, you can let him in.”

Ryeowook gave him a suspicious glare, but moved to the side to let him past. “I’ll be right outside if you need me.”

“Of course.” Suho smiled at him and moved back to allow Yifan into the back room. He shut the door behind him and then went back over to the wash station and began carefully rubbing his eye make-up off. “So, who are you? I saw you and your friend sitting in the audience tonight.”

“I’m Wu Yifan. I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed your performance. You’re a very talented artist.”

 Suho set down the cleaning cloth and smiled over at Yifan. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

“If I may be so forward—where is your next show? I want to come see it.”

“I’ll be in town for two more weeks; I have another show at this joint tomorrow night.”

“I’ll be here.”

Suho gave him a quiet smile. “Thank you.”

“I just—it’s not your elemental powers that I enjoyed, although as a side note, you must be very strong to be controlling that much water for that much time. But it’s you that I enjoyed watching; I wasn’t watching the water, I was—my eyes were on you,” Yifan stuttered nervously.

Suho laughed lightly. “Is this the first time you’ve seen one of my shows?”

“It is.”

Suho looked a little surprised. “You’re very passionate for a new fan,” he teased lightly.

Yifan scratched at the back of his neck awkwardly. “Yeah—well. Who couldn’t fall for your talent?”

“Are you an elemental as well?” Suho began cleaning up his washing station as Yifan settled back more comfortably against the edge of the table he was leaning on.

“I am. I can fly.”

“That’s pretty cool.”

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds as Suho fiddled with his make-up supplies and Yifan floundered in agony as he tried to think of something to say.

“W-well…I guess I’d better get going. But thank you for meeting me, and I really will be here tomorrow.”

“I’ll be looking for you,” Suho gave him a gentle (and slightly relieved) smile. “Get home safely, Mr. Wu.”

“You too.” Yifan turned around and left the back room, raising a sardonic eyebrow in farewell to the irritated looking security guard.

He was rich, and he could afford to see Suho wherever and whenever. Yifan was already anticipating the silky sound of Suho’s voice that he would hear the following night.

a/n: So Yifan is on the way to becoming Suho's biggest fan ahaha. No romantic plot here, but hopefully you guys still enjoyed! I might write a companion drabble about this au in a few weeks, I really enjoyed working with this little world.

Also, I won't be able to update for a few weeks again because I have to study for my final exams. But once those are over, I hope to go back to weekly regular updates I promise!!!! Huhuhu ;~; Comment with your thoughts, and upvote and subscribe if you enjoyed :D