Xiuho/Krisho: Magic Carpet

AU drabble dump

a/n: Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while, I've been busy. I'll try and update this more frequently from now on...enjoy this chapter!

Drabble 19: Magic Carpet

“A magic carpet…”

“Absolutely not, Kim Junmyeon.”

“Yes, my Emperor.”

“That’s my boy,” the Emperor smiled and patted Junmyeon’s cheek. “You know how it is.”

Junmyeon bowed his head politely in response. It was a true honor to be requested to ride through the city in the Emperor’s palanquin, but really…the emperor always had some ulterior motive that managed to shake Junmyeon’s crystalline composure every time they spoke.

“Perhaps you’re wondering why I’ve requested your presence today.”

“It is not my place to question the requests of the Emperor,” Junmyeon smiled prettily and bowed his head again.

“Wise words, Junmyeon.”

“I’m going to be a future ruler someday, my Emperor. This is good practice, wouldn’t you say?”

The Emperor chuckled. “Oh, Junmyeon. I wanted to speak with you today about the matter of Yifan.”

Junmyeon’s shoulders tensed visibly. “What about him?”

“How are you two getting along?”

“You are being extremely informal, my Emperor,” Junmyeon shifted uneasily.

“I am speaking to you as a father speaks to his son, my child.”

“My Emperor is too kind to me,” Junmyeon demurred.

“Junmyeon,” the Emperor said warningly.

Junmyeon sighed softly. “Yifan and I are getting along very well, your Excellency.”

“Are you certain?”

“I am.”

“Hm.” The Emperor turned around slightly and cast his gaze back at the magic carpet stall they had passed earlier. Junmyeon had cast such a longing eye towards the colorful designs, perhaps it was time Junmyeon received a reward for his compliancy. After all, being engaged to the prince of a foreign land wasn’t the easiest thing in the world. “You know that if anything happens between Yifan and yourself, there are many people you can speak to about it.”

Junmyeon gave him a tight-lipped smile. “Of course, My Emperor.”

“But you’re smart, aren’t you? That’s why you haven’t been speaking to anyone, so that no one knows how things fare between you and the Prince of China.”

Junmyeon gave the Emperor a wry look. “You give me far too much credit, your Excellency.”

“Was it Yifan’s idea, then, to remain silent?”

“No, my Emperor. It was mine.”

“Then?”

The palanquin stopped in the shady gardens of the palace, and the bearers carefully set the vehicle down and let the royal occupants dismount.

Junmyeon waited politely as the Emperor watched the palanquin bearers vanish from sight, leaving the two men alone in the gardens. At last, the Emperor turned back to face him.

“Junmyeon.”

“Yes, my Emperor?”

“Do you know why I chose you, and not another prince, to become engaged to Yifan?”

“I did wonder. Our kingdoms will still merge, but not through the crown princes…”

“Perhaps you were thinking that I was going to give more time for our countries to merge. A gradual coming together, rather than trying to force everything at the same time.” The Emperor stepped forward until he was toe to toe with Junmyeon, and he felt a flash of satisfaction when he saw Junmyeon’s eyes fill with uneasiness.

“I was thinking something along those lines, your Excellency.” Junmyeon didn’t move, his breath catching in his throat at how close they were.

“Well, you would be wrong.” The Emperor smirked, and before Junmyeon could react, he was leaning forward and pressing their mouths together.

It was a good few seconds before Junmyeon got over his shock and stumbled backwards. “Xiumin!”

The Emperor chuckled softly and allowed Junmyeon to put some distance between them. “I chose you to become engaged to Yifan because you were the one I could coerce most easily if something went wrong. How would Yifan—no, how would the entire country feel towards you if they found out that we had slept together?”

Junmyeon trembled, and felt a surge of hatred at the smug glint in the Emperor’s eyes. “My Emperor, you think too lowly of me. I exist to follow your every wish.”

“You came to me that night of your own volition, Junmyeon, don’t deny it.” The Emperor calmly drew a paper fan out of his sleeve and snapped it open, fanning his face lightly. “I expect you to be more forthcoming about what Yifan has been up to in our country, Junmyeon. Otherwise…” he shut the fan with an ominous snap, and then turned away, the edges of his robe rustling dryly against the verdant grass.

Junmyeon remained trembling in the garden for several minutes after Xiumin had left. When he was sure that his emperor had left the vicinity, he slowly began to make his way back to the Imperial Castle. He didn’t think that this spot in the garden was visible to any of the castle windows, but he could never be sure—and Xiumin was right, he would be doomed if anyone were to find out about what he’d done in the past.

Later that night, Junmyeon finished writing down his report with a heavy heart. He didn’t want to invade Yifan’s privacy like this, but he had no choice. At least Yifan wasn’t plotting to take over the country or anything else suspicious; but over the time that Junmyeon had gotten to know his betrothed, he had grown very fond of him, and he didn’t want to break his trust in such a manner.

A knock sounded at the door, and Junmyeon quickly sealed the report before moving to open the door.

A servant stood in front of the door with a large parcel in his hands. “A gift from the Emperor, Prince Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon blinked in surprise. Perhaps Xiumin felt guilty about the garden incident—but no, that was impossible, Xiumin had long hardened his heart against manipulation of his loved ones. Perhaps this was a reward for his compliancy to being betrothed to Yifan.

“Send the Emperor my thanks. And also, please deliver this directly to his hands.” Junmyeon handed the sealed report over to the servant and shut the door, eyeing the parcel in his hands with curiosity. What could it be?

He cautiously removed the soft tissue paper, and then gasped in surprise when a hint of color peeked out at him from beneath the wrapping. He quickly unfurled the carpet, and then smiled with delight when the carpet hovered at his waist level.

Xiumin smiled softly as he watched Junmyeon fly freely through the skies on his magic ccarpet, the faint sounds of his happy laughter floating down to the castle below.

a/n: I don't know why, but Xiuho has been appealing to me lately. I hope you enjoyed both pairings in this chapter--conniving Xiumin is always fun ahahaha. Upvote and subscribe if you're enjoying the story so far, and please leave your thoughts in the comments below! I hope you could all enjoy this whimsical drabble~