Bakery: baekyeol

AU drabble dump

A/N: Hi guys! A quick update--based on this picture, and for misha. Misha, hun, it's at the end ;) Also, baekyeol with a side of krisho!

Embedded image permalink

Drabble Two: Bakery Baekyeol

“How many more do we have left to do?” Chanyeol absently rounded the edges of his cookie as he glanced over at Junmyeon.

“We’re almost done. I think we have about…a hundred left.”

Chanyeol groaned as he moved on to the next lump of batter on the tray. “Remind me why we signed up for this?”

“Because we wanted to help the charity?” Junmyeon raised an eyebrow. “Chanyeol, don’t tell me you’ve forgotten everything that orphanage has done for us.”

Chanyeol scoffed. “Of course not. You know that better than anyone, Hyung.”

Junmyeon’s gaze softened. “I’m sorry, Chanyeol.”

“It’s fine, hyung.” Chanyeol sighed past the lump in his throat and most certainly did not take a moment to brush his eyes on his sleeve because his parents had been dead for fourteen years already and he was a man who had moved on from his childhood.

Junmyeon looked like he wanted to reach over and pat his back, but his hands were covered in cookie dough, so he refrained. “Chanyeol—“

Junmyeon was interrupted by the entrance of Byun Baekhyun into the café kitchen. “Chanyeol!”

“Hey, Baek.” Chanyeol smiled at his boyfriend.

Junmyeon sighed through his nose. Baekhyun usually visited Chanyeol at work, which was fine, but Junmyeon honestly hated being a third wheel.

“I saw the sign on the door outside. What’s this about a fundraiser?”

“We’re having a special sale tomorrow, and then we’ll send the funds to an orphanage in Seoul,” Junmyeon replied as he picked up his tray of cookies and headed off to the ovens.

“An orphanage? Why an orphanage and not say…to the relief fund for the Philippines?”

Chanyeol froze, and Junmyeon gave him a look before turning back to the ovens. “Chanyeol…”

Baekhyun frowned. “What is it? Am I missing out on something here?”

“Junmyeon hyung and I grew up in this particular orphanage. We do this fundraiser every year,” Chanyeol said shortly.

“…oh.”

Junmyeon bit his lip and debated throwing himself headfirst into the oven. Why did he have to be present for all of Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s awkward couple epiphany moments? Why? He’d been there when they’d confessed. He’d been there when Baekhyun asked Chanyeol out for their first date. He’d been there for their first kiss. He’d been there for the time they’d exchanged couple rings on Valentines’ Day. How many more of these moments was he going to have to go through?!

Luckily, he’d been so lost in his thoughts that he completely missed the exchange between Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“You didn’t tell me your parents were dead,” Baekhyun said quietly.

“I’m sorry.”

“You didn’t think it was something important?”

“I just didn’t know when to tell you.”

“Well.” Baekhyun came over from the door and gave Chanyeol a hug from the side. “I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Thanks.” Chanyeol leaned down and brushed his lips against Baekhyun’s forehead.

Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol and took a step back, putting his hands on his hips. “We are talking about this later.”

“Uh huh.”

And in an instant, Baekhyun’s serious demeanor vanished, and was replaced by his usual bubbly personality. “Chanyeol. Chanyeol!”

“What is it?” Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a small smile, and Junmyeon deemed it safe enough to come out of hiding by the ovens.

“Guess what I did today?” Baekhyun sang out as he began dancing around the kitchen.

Junmyeon sighed as he flinched away from Baekhyun’s flying elbows as he began to prep a muffin tin. He really deserved to be paid more for this.

At that moment, Baekhyun’s excited narrative about his day at an animal shelter was cut short be the sound of shouting outside.

Junmyeon frowned and looked out the kitchen window, only for him to turn paler than he already was.

“Junmyeon hyung?” Baekhyun looked at him in concern. “What’s the matter?”

“Th-that’s…Ms. Wu…” Junmyeon stared at the woman who was shouting into her phone.

“And? I thought you liked Yifan hyung’s mom.”

By now, Ms. Wu was gesturing wildly at the storefront. “DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID, WU YIFAN?! A FUNDRAISER! HE’S BAKING COOKIES FOR A FUNDRAISER! FOR AN ORPHANGE! THAT ONE HE GREW UP IN AND TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT! YOU MARRY HIM TOMORROW, YOU HEAR ME?!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst into laughter while Junmyeon hung his head in despair. Why did he know all of these crazy people in his life, and what had he ever done to deserve to be stuck in these circumstances?

a/n: This is my first time writing baekyeol! Was their dynamic ok? Let me know what you thought in the comments below! Thanks for reading ^^