Krisho: Roomies

AU drabble dump

BdEKAZ_CYAAG-CJ.png:large

Drabble One: Roomies

Junmyeon flinched when the door to their dorm banged open. “Yifan!”

Yifan stared at him blankly for a moment before bowing his head. “Sorry.” He closed the door quietly behind him and dropped his backpack on his desk before wandering over to perch on top of Junmyeon’s bed. “What’re you doing?”

Junmyeon gave him a look. “I’m a biochemistry major. What do you think I’m doing?” He turned back to his textbook on the table.

Yifan laughed, and Junmyeon felt a slight warmth work its way up through his body. “Are you studying?”

“Yeah.” Junmyeon smiled slightly as he began taking notes. “What were you doing just now?”

“Me? I came back from basketball practice.”

“Did you shower at the gym?” Junmyeon idly flipped the page and began writing again.

“Yeah, no worries. I won’t stink up our room.”

Junmyeon snickered, and then sighed heavily. “Yifan…I don’t want to study…”

“Then don’t.”

“But we have a test next week,” Junmyeon whined. “Yifan, why did I do this to myself?”

Instead of answering, Yifan got off the bed and picked up Junmyeon’s notes, ignoring the squawk of protest from his roommate. “Come on. Let’s go get coffee. You need to go outside and get some sunshine every once in a while.” He placed Junmyeon’s notes inside of his textbook and then closed it with a harsh jerk.

“Or I’m just naturally pale-skinned,” Junmyeon muttered under his breath. Nevertheless, he allowed Kris to pack away his things and grabbed a jacket. “Where do you want to go?”

“There’s a Starbucks near the music buildings. We can go there.”

“Ok.” Junmyeon put on his shoes and followed Yifan out the door.

In the end, Junmyeon was the only one who bought coffee. He shared it with Yifan, laughing when they lost track of whose straw was whose, and by the time they returned back to the dorms, his eyes were twinkling with merriment and there was a smile on his face.

“Yifan?”

“What?”

“Thanks.”

“For what?”

“For taking me out today.” Junmyeon tossed his empty cup into a trash can. “I really needed this.”

“You can pay me back for the coffee.”

“Ok. Just wait until we get back to our room and I can—“

“No. Not with money.” Yifan stopped walking, and Junmyeon felt his heart rate speed up.

“With what then?”

Yifan grinned down at him. “You can pay me back with a kiss.”

Junmyeon laughed somewhat breathlessly. “Um…ok?”

Yifan moved closer, and Junmyeon flinched, his eyes darting over to the group of students walking on the other side of the street. “Yifan…”

“What?” Yifan came even closer and reached out to smooth a strand of hair out of Junmyeon’s forehead.

“We can’t here. People know we’re roommates and…”

“And what?”

“They’ll talk.” Junmyeon stepped away and crossed his arms.

“Let them talk.” Junmyeon yelped when Yifan reached out and pulled him forward.

Yifan’s lips were warm and smooth against his, and Junmyeon was suddenly terribly aware of how rough his own mouth was.

Then, the warmth was gone, and Junmyeon realized that he was standing with his hands against Yifan’s chest, and Yifan’s arms were against his waist. “Uh…”

Yifan released him and then began walking again. “Come on. Let’s go back.”

“Ok.” Junmyeon hurried forward so that he was walking next to Yifan again.

He smiled slightly when Yifan grabbed his hand and tucked it into his coat pocket. Students passed them by, and they received several eyebrows, but suddenly, Junmyeon realized that he didn’t really care.

His mind went back to the kiss Yifan had given him and he blushed slightly.

“Hey, you ok?” Yifan’s voice broke through his thoughts.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m fine.” He squeezed Yifan’s hand.

Let them talk. And talk there would be; it wasn’t every day that a member of the basketball team decided to pursue the president of the chess club and popular college radio DJ.

Junmyeon suddenly went even paler when he realized that his friends would inevitably have a reaction to his development in his personal life.

a/n:So...college au. Heh. Saw that picture on twitter and thought it would be fun to write! Anyways, thanks for reading and subscribing :) Please comment for other au prompts you guys might want to see! I am willing to consider prompts for any pairing ^_^ And also let me know if you guys like this kind of style or not. It's a little different than normal, but anyways...thanks for reading! You can also find me at Zinnia @krishoislove on twitter and we can talk :)