Krisho/Krisbaek: Demons

AU drabble dump

a/n: I warn you now, this is sad. And is mainly suho-centric.

 

Drabble 12: Demons, Krisho

“This whole mess is a waste of my time! You’re a waste of my time!”

Suho tried not to cry as Kris shouted in his face. “I-I’m sorry.”

Kris scoffed and straightened up. “You’re so useless, Suho. I can’t understand what our parents were hoping for when they put us together.”

Suho’s lips twitched, but he stayed silent.

Kris sighed and forced himself to relax his shoulders. “I’ll pick you up for class tomorrow, ok Suho?”

“Alright.” Suho smiled weakly at him and followed Kris to the door. “Get home safely.”

“See ya.”

“Bye.”

The moment Kris closed the door, Suho fell down to his knees and covered his face with his hands.

Someone stepped into the hallway and crouched down by his side. “Suho?”

“What is it, Baekhyun?”

“Are you ok?”

Suho laughed bitterly and rubbed his eyes. “What do you think?”

“Suho—”

Suho cut him off. “I know what you must think. You must think I’m stupid, right? You must think that I don’t know what’s happening around me.” Suho chuckled bitterly. “Do you still think that I don’t know that you two are sleeping together?”

Baekhyun remained frozen on the ground while Suho pushed himself to his feet. “What a joke,” he muttered. “Kris calls me a ing when he’s the one sleeping around.”

Baekhyun got to his feet, his stomach twisting with anxiety. “Suho.”

“Just shut up, Baekhyun. Or better yet, go outside. Kris is probably waiting to pick you up, isn’t he?”

“He isn’t! I’m with Chanyeol now, you know that.”

“That didn’t stop you last Thursday,” Suho said coldly. “Really, I’m lucky you didn’t hear me sneaking back out.”

“I don’t know what you saw, hyung, but it’s a lie, I haven’t touched Kris for months.”

Suho just shook his head and began walking out of the hallway, his shoulders slumped from fatigue. He was so tired of it all—tired of being sad, tired of being scared, tired of being betrayed.

He stopped dead when he saw his parents sitting in the living room.

“Suho.”

“No!” Suho ran out of the living room and slammed his bedroom door behind him. They’ll call it off. I won’t have any options left, Kris was the best I could’ve hoped for, and now I’ll have nothing and—

“Suho?”

“Yeah, Dad?” Suho turned his face towards his bedroom door as he tried to calm down.

Suho’s father stood on the other side of his son’s bedroom door. “If you knew that Kris was cheating on you, why didn’t you tell us?”

Suho’s mind spun in circles. You have to hold on to Kris. The engagement can’t end, you have to provide some worth to the family. “I-I love him,” he said, his voice cracking. “I love him, and I didn’t want…”

Suho’s father sighed loudly enough that Suho could hear him from inside his room. “Suho, we’ll talk about this tomorrow morning, alright?”

“Alright.” Suho’s heart was beating hard in his chest; this was going to have to be the plan, he was going to have to be in love with Kris to the point where his parents would be convinced to hold the engagement.

Suho collapsed onto his bed and sobbed into the pillow. He was useless; the best he could do was get married off to a rich family. He wasn’t like Baekhyun, who was beautiful, who could sing, who was smart, who was loveable. Baekhyun would have a choice. Suho wouldn’t. Baekhyun would take and take and take until Suho had nothing left. And Suho would have to put up with it.

Suho smiled softly as the darkness closed in, and the demons began to bite into his heart, one by one.

a/n: Weeeh poor Suho :( I'm sorry it's sad, but that scene has been floating around in my head for a bit, so...yup. Please comment with your thoughts, and upvote and subscribe if you're enjoying the drabble series so far! (I'll try and write a happy one next). Also don't be shy about leaving requests! I'll try and fill them :)