Krisho: Lock and Key

AU drabble dump

Drabble 10: Lock and Key

Everyone is born with a lock and a key. The lock goes over the heart, and somewhere, out in the world, there exists one person who can open that lock. In turn, your key will open the lock to the other person’s heart.

However, with all of these locks and keys floating around, there has to be someone with the master key, right?

Kim Junmyeon sighed quietly as he watched a tall figure with styled brown hair walk down the sidewalk. Most people in the mortal world couldn’t see him, and he honestly didn’t mind it too much.

Junmyeon’s eyes narrowed slightly when he felt a spark go off in his head; he was in tune with who found their lock and key at all times in the local vicinity.

His eyes widened when the tall man began walking faster and faster towards a beautiful young woman drinking coffee outside of a café.

“No! No, no, no, no…” Junmyeon began to mutter under his breath as he began to run after the man. His heart began to race as his legs gained and he was getting closer and closer until—

Something twisted in Junmyeon’s heart, and he crashed face first into the tall man’s back.

The man whirled around and stared down at him. “Are you alright?”

Junmyeon winced as he picked himself up. “I’m alright—wait, you can see me?”

The man gave him an odd look. “Of course I can.”

Junmyeon blinked in confusion. “What?”

The man chuckled slightly and extended his hand. “I’m Wu Yifan.”

Junmyeon automatically accepted the hand. “I’m Kim Junmyeon.”

“And I believe we’re soul mates.”

What?” Junmyeon looked down, and was shocked to see a lock hanging off of his neck for the first time in his ancient existence. “What…what’s happening?”

Yifan smiled gently at him. “Don’t you know? It means we’ve found each other. You have the key to my lock, and I have the key to yours. We have the keys to each other’s hearts.”

Junmyeon stared down at the simple key hanging on his neck. Somehow, his intuition was telling him that he no longer had possession of the master key.

Junmyeon turned his attention away from the key and back up to Yifan’s face. “I know what it means. It’s just—I’m so surprised.”

“Why should you be? It looks like you were chasing after me.”

Junmyeon smiled softly. “Well…you can never really be sure until it happens, right?”

Yifan’s smile softened and he rested a comforting hand on Junmyeon’s shoulder. “Well, you’re sure now, right?”

Junmyeon smiled and nodded. He didn’t know why he’d suddenly lost his immortality, but apparently, he’d also found his soul mate somewhere along his path in life.

a/n: Ending was rushed but this is all being written in a hurry. Thanks for reading and please leave a comment to let me know what you thought!