Baekchen: Caught

AU drabble dump

Drabble 25: Caught

"Chen! Chen! Cheeeeen!" Baekhyun whined into his best friend's ear.

"What?" Chen rolled his eyes when Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his arm to get his attention. "Get off, Baek."

Baekhyun pouted and let go, but then quickly brightened up when he realized that after ten minutes of whining, Chen was finally looking at him. "Look what I got!"

Chen picked up the piece of parchment Baekhyun handed him. "...Is this what I think it is?"

"Yeah," Baekhyun grinned.

"How did you even find this?" Chen held the Marauder's Map to the light, an awed expression settling on to his face.

"You know Luhan hyung from Gryffindor?"

"Yeah, what about him?" Chen stared at the moving dots on the paper with intense fascination.

"It's actually his. He wouldn't tell me how he found it, but he's letting me use it all week long because he lost a bet."

"What bet did he lose?"

"I bet him that I could get a kiss from you before he could," Baekhyun grinned cheekily.

"...But I haven't kissed you, ever," Chen deadpanned at his best friend as he looked up from the map.

Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows mysteriously. "I have my ways, Chen."

"If you stole my first kiss, I will murder you in your sleep."

"We're from different houses."

"I also have my ways," Chen said grimly, but Baekhyun just laughed it off.

"Don't worry, you kiss me on the cheek sometimes, right? That's all that happened; don't worry, your lips are still pure as the wind-driven snow, and will be ready for when Luhan hyung finally mans up and asks you out."

Chen hit Baekhyun's shoulder with the back of his hand, his face flushed to the tips of his ears. "I hate you."

"Love you too," Baekhyun snickered, and he took the parchment back from his friend. "But think of all the possibilities that are open before us! We have the entire week to use this thing, Chen."

"What did you have in mind?"

An impish grin spread across both of their faces as they leaned in to start thinking of what mischief they could cook up with the map in their hands.

At last, after an entire week of completely confusing Filch, stealing food from unsuspecting house elves, sneaking past ghosts, teachers, and prefects on late-night adventures, it was the final night of Baekhyun's possession of the map.

"You know, you should just go out with Luhan hyung. That way we'll have unlimited access to the map," Baekhyun said conversationally as he and Chen crept down the corridor. It was ten minutes past curfew, but with the aid of the Marauder's Map, Baekhyun and Chen had thus far evaded detection. Their last plan for the map was to go through the secret passageway indicated on the map that led straight to the storage room of Honeydukes. They would poke around Hogsmeade a bit, and then return back to the castle, hopefully without being detected.

"Oh shut up," Luhan snapped as they rounded the corner and hurried towards the statue of the one-eyed witch at the end of the corridor. “If you love the map so much, you date him.”

“But I’m not the one who likes him.”

“Whatever.”

Baekhyun snorted and drew out his wand as they approached the statue. Chen quickly stuffed the map into his robe pockets and waited for Baekhyun to cast the spell.

“And just what do you think you’re doing?”

Baekhyun jumped five feet in the air, and Chen doubled over in shock. They both whipped around to see Park Chanyeol, head boy and prefect of Gryffindor standing at the other end of the hall, his wand illuminating his face so that they could see his disapproving frown.

“U-uh…” Baekhyun stuttered nervously; he was in Ravenclaw, so he was fine. On the other hand, it looked like Chen was going to be in quite a bit of trouble; Chanyeol was infamous for the harsh punishments he gave to students out after curfew, especially to the fellow students in his house.

“Baekhyun? Chen?” Chanyeol started walking forward, and both boys shivered as his frown curved deeper. “Chen, I especially expected better of you. Both of you will receive an hour-long detention with Filch, and ten points from both your houses.”

Baekhyun and Chen bowed their heads in shame and nodded acceptingly; no one, least of all them, wanted to pick a fight with the head boy.

“Alright, off to bed with you. Report to Filch tomorrow at seven o’clock sharp,” Chanyeol snapped at them. “Run along now.”

Baekhyun and Chen kept their heads down as they scurried away from Chanyeol, heading off to the staircases that would take them back to their respective dorms.

“Man, we were so close,” Chen groused. “Too bad we got caught on the very last day.”

“Whatever. Hurry up and get together with Luhan hyung so that we can use the map again.”

“…Good night, Baekhyun. I hope your room mates draw on your face again.”

Baekhyun snickered as he headed off for the Ravenclaw tower. “’Night!”

a/n: Written for an ask.fm prompt. Feel free to leave me more prompts over there! http://ask.fm/krishoislove I hope you enjoyed the baekchen/luchen~ Thanks for reading!