Krisho: Water Dragon

AU drabble dump

a/n: Sorry for the long wait guys! Anyways, this was a curious little scene that popped into my head the other day, and it turned into this! Hopefully you guys enjoy.

 

Drabble 13: Water Dragon, krisho

Rain drops fell from the sky. They formed dark splatters on the dusty earth bellow, and the soil willingly crumbled to allow moisture to seep beneath the surface and nourish the thirsting roots and seeds waiting patiently inside of it.

A young man sat in the steadily muddying field, his eyes trained up on the dripping clouds over head.

“Suho?” A middle-aged woman with mousy black hair and trembling fingers approached the boy from the side. “Won’t you come inside, dear? You’ll catch your death out here.”

Pale rose lips twitched slightly, and then opened to answer. “It’s a warm rain, mother.”

“I know, sweetling. But your health has always been fragile,” the woman coaxed gently. “Come inside, Suho. It’s warm and safe there.”

The young man finally removes his eyes from the sky, and his mother is struck by the sheer beauty of his gaze. Her boy has always been beautiful, more beautiful than any woman she has met or seen in her entire life. She always feels a vague sense of pride that this gorgeous, delicate human being was conceived by herself.

“Just a few more minutes, mother.”

“Will you mind if I wait with you?” the woman is already carefully picking her way across the muddy field, but Suho simply smiles gently, unperturbed by the lack of permission.

Mother and son sit quietly in the muddy field, allowing the rain to soak their clothes, their skin, down to their very bones. Both took essential nourishment and revival from the steadily falling summer rain.

Suddenly, something large landed on the earth and shook the field with the force of its fall. The woman’s eyes snapped open (when had she closed them?), and she stared in astonishment as an enormous blue dragon shook itself off, and then suddenly transformed into a tall young man with burning red eyes.

Suho got to his feet and left his mother sitting in the field. “Hello.”

“Hello.” The tall man studied Suho’s beautiful features for a moment before sticking out his hand. “I’m Yifan.”

Suho didn’t move to accept Yifan’s hand. “I’m Suho.”

“I know who you are.”

“Do you really?” Suho gave him a gentle look. “I know you’re a water dragon.”

“I am.” Yifan stepped forward and took one of Suho’s delicate hands in his own. “I’m in love with you.”

The woman watched the strange conversation in absolute astonishment.

Suho drew his hand away. “I can’t accept you.”

“Why not?”

“You’re a dragon.”

“So?”

Suho wavered, his pale pink lips pursed in thought. “…I’m human.”

“I know.” Yifan stepped forward again so that he was toe-to-toe with Suho.

Suho didn’t try and back away, his eyes clouded with thoughtfulness. At last, he seemed to come to a decision, and he reached out to intertwine his tiny fingers with Yifan’s longer ones.

Yifan seemed relieved, and lifted up their linked hands to press a kiss to Suho’s knuckles. “I’ll take care of you.”

Suho squeezed their hands together. “I know you will.”

Suho’s mother gaped as Yifan wrapped one arm around Suho’s waist, and then launched themselves up into the summer rain falling steadily from the sky.

Rain drops fell from the sky. They formed dark splatters on the dusty earth bellow, and the soil shifted drowsily as rain filled the ground.

A woman sat in the steadily muddying field, allowing the rain to wash over her. Water dripped down her scalp, off the bridge of her forehead, and fell into her eyes.

She sat calmly in the field, allowing the rain to wash the knowledge of her son away. She fell asleep in the rain, and when she woke up, she went back into her house and went about her daily routine. No one remembered a delicate boy named Suho, whose beauty had been renowned throughout the land. No one remembered his pale skin and small hands, nor his pale rose lips and his soft smile.

Overhead, a water dragon and his consort drifted patiently through clear skies, in search of the next trail of rain clouds, invisible to all eyes but their own.

a/n: So what did you guys think? Please comment below~ Also don't be shy about requests (although they might not get filled, but I will consider all of them!) Subscribe and upvote if you're enjoying the series so far! Thanks for reading <3