Y8 • Price

Y • Y • Y
#taken from Yoseob's point of view
 
Another night to train with Yoon. I wonder if I can keep this pace any longer. Everything is so messed up whenever I'm with Yoon.
 
It's fun to have Yesung and Yonghwa as acquintances for the vocal training but I still can't manage myself to get along with Yoon.
 
Well, it's not like she wants to get along with us either.
 
I still can't believe that a person like her does exist in this world. A girl who is beautiful and scary in the same time.
 
Not to mention her unique traits like heterochromia iridum, absolute pitch, and synesthesia. She is one unbelievable person I ever knew. Seriously.
 
I open the door of the music room as usual just to find out the empty room. Where is Yoon? Where are they?
 
I check my wristwatch but I am not late. Yoon always start the training on time and there is no way she moves the room for the vocal training.
 
The sound of someone slams the door making me to jump a little. I am really suprised because of the sudden loud noise. I rush to the door to find out the cause of the noise.
 
But before my hand even touched the handle, the door is already opened by Yoon.
 
She has cold sweat and this is the first time I ever saw her in quite messed up condition, as if she just woke up from nightmare.
 
And that loud noise... Was that her the one who hit the door?
 
"Move," she hisses without looking at me. She is staring at the floor. "Move from my way."
 
"S-sorry," I quickly step away, giving her the way to step in.
 
She walks pass me, heading to the piano but she stops her step all of a sudden. She reaches her hand out slowly to touch the piano as if she is not sure that the piano is there, right in front of her.
 
What's wrong with her?
 
Yoon takes a deep breath, still closing her eyes. She clenches her fist in silence, trying to steady her breathe.
 
"I know you're wondering what happened to me," she suddenly speaks out. Yoon already put her usual cold smile on her face as she turns to look at me with the bang covering her eyes. "You are one person to be aware of, Yang Yoseob."
 
I start to shiver again. I always shiver whenever she gives me the cold smile; yes, I'm fine with the 'coward' term but I am scared of Yoon.
 
I can feel that she is dangerous and she still has more and more secrets than we haven't know yet.
 
Ironically, part of me is curious about her secrets yet I'm too afraid to find out her secrets.
 
"Do you know the story of Alice in Wonderland?" Yoon sits calmly, pressing one of the white keys twice.
 
"Alice in Wonderland?" I murmur, not sure about what I've just heard. "Sure. The story of a girl named Alice who falls down a rabbit hole into a fantasy world called Wonderland."
 
Yoon starts to play a sad song. It's Endless Love.
 
"Do you think a Wonderland is real?" Yoon mutters without stopping her play.
 
"Eh?" I blink. "Of course no! It's just a fantasy story."
 
"Is that so?" Yoon stops playing the melodies. "Even though someone like Alice does exist?"
 
"What do you mean?" I frown. I don't understand what she is trying to say.
 
"Do you envy me for having absolute pitch?" she blurts out another question, compeletely diverting the topic from Alice in Wonderland.
 
"Most musician will envy you," I answer honestly. "Your talent is fantastic."
 
"Human are scary," Yoon chuckles but her cold tone makes me to shiver again. "People envy you for being a special one. For havig a gift in your life."
 
"I hate this talent," Yoon stands up from her seat. "I don't want to be special. I never wanted to have it."
 
I step backwards because of my intuition, "W-why?"
 
"Because there is always a price for everything," Yoon looks at her own palm.
 
Before I could ever respond or ask something to her, the door is swung open by Yonghwa. Yesung is following him behind.
 
"Sorry," Yonghwa bows to Yoon. "We're ready for the training now."
 
Yoon nods slightly. She doesn't scold us this time but she starts the vocal training without any intermezzo.
 
Her words keep echoing in my mind.
 
What is the price she was talking about?