Y15 • A Song

Y • Y • Y
It has been almost a month since Yesung, Yonghwa, and Yoseob started their training with Yoon. A month full of mysteries between them.
 
Today will be the thirteenth time for them to meet for another training. As usual, Yoon sits in front of the piano, waiting for the three guys to come.
 
Yoon plays the piano beautifully, pressing the white and black keys in orders to play the song. Music is the only thing in the world that can ease her pain.
 
She doesn't need to see anything when she listens to music; her instinct has taught her to play instruments without looking at them. Her absolute pitch talent makes her the way she is now.
 
Her favorite instruments to play are piano, violin, and guitar. That's why she always picks those three for training despite the fact she can play all instruments.
 
This month has been a remarkable month, even for Yoon. It was the first time for her to open up herself for strangers; she still count they three as strangers.
 
But, deep down inside her heart, she is wondering for a change. No, she doesn't ask or hope for it. She doesn't believe in such a thing called miracle.
 
But she does wonder about the truth behind everything.
 
Will music, the only thing she truly loves, change her life?
 
Yoon accepted the deal to train three of them, three musicians who love music just like she does, three artists who are willing to enhance their abilities despite the training she gives.
 
She was thinking that they would beg their Presidents to stop the training after a few meetings. But they didn't. Instead they tried to know Yoon more, digging into her past.
 
Yoon thought they would think of her as a freak after knowing the differences she has. But they didn't. Instead they cared for her even more, staying with her through the night.
 
She doesn't say it to them but Yoon is actually amazed by them. Not because of their care but because of their love for music.
 
Yesung, Yonghwa, and Yoseob love music. They are great musicians and Yoon, since she never compliment people, agrees that they can shine brighter in the future.
 
"Yoon?" Yonghwa opens the door. Yesung and Yoseob follow him behind, closing the door slowly.
 
"You're late," Yoon mutters coldy, keep playing the melodies.
 
"We...," Yoseob exchange looks with the others, "...have something for you."
 
Yoon stops her piano playing abruptly. It is indeed something unusual for her. Their Presidents are the only persons who give her something; something to keep her work for them while she actually doesn't need that since her love for music binds her.
 
"Well, well, is it a goodbye present?" Yoon chuckles with sarcasm. "Will it be our last training then?"
 
"No, it's not like that," Yesung explains quickly. "It's a song."
 
This last two weeks, three of them have been working really hard even though their hectic schedules turn their lives up and down.
 
Yesung and Yoseob wrote the lyrics while Yonghwa composed the music. Three of them even have tried to sing the song together last night.
 
They want to present this song for Yoon.
 
To let her know that they are different from the others. To show her that world can be different. To make her realize that she is not abandoned by the world.
 
"Amuse me," Yoon looks at them, putting aside her bangs and shows her beautiful eyes, gazing at them.
 
Yonghwa takes his guitar; he brings along his guitar with him all the way for tonight. He takes a deep breathe and takes a glance at Yesung and Yoseob, a sign for them to start singing.
 
It is a simple but beautiful song. The song that describes a love for music, that music can change the world, and it's alright to be different. They write their feelings in the song.
 
"It will be sunny or rainy one day.
But when I hear your voice, I know that everything will be alright.
It doesn't matter whether it's light or dark.
Because you are my different world."
 
They finish the last refrain with satisfied smiles. They look at Yoon, waiting for her reaction but she doesn't say a word.
 
As a musician, she knows for sure that they sang the song from their hearts. She never heard the song before, therefore she knows it was written by themselves.
 
Her heart feels this unusual heartbeat. The feeling she never felt before.
 
She hates to admit it.
 
But she knows that they are different. They are willing to show her that world is not the Wonderland in nightmare for her.
 
"Our training period will over soon," Yoon speaks out as if nothing happened between them. "But I do wish to speak with each of you. In private."
 
Yoon has something to say with each of them.
 
Yesung.
 
Yonghwa.
 
Yoseob.
 
Each of them has engraved something different in her life. In her heart.
 
Whether they realize it or not.