Y5 • Mysterious

Y • Y • Y

 

#taken from Yoseob's point of view
 
"Wrong," Yoon hisses and I stop my singing.
 
I was singing No Other by Super Junior and I think I did well. She only gave me two days to practice.
 
"Focus on your singing," she says without looking at me. "Don't do unnecessary movements."
 
"We do dance when we're singing," I protest.
 
"Well, well," she smirks, "are we training for dance here?"
 
Yonghwa hits me lightly on my arm, making me turn around to see his face. He puts his finger on his lips, telling me to keep silence.
 
"You're not doing your best either," Yoon rests her chin on her left hand, muttering to Yonghwa. "Your voice only sounds better when it comes with instruments."
 
"It just...," Yesung tries to defend us, "we never trained this way before."
 
"Should we stop then?" Yoon stands up.
 
Don't tell me she's mad now. We just started the training around twenty minutes ago!
 
Yoon turns around, making her bangs move aside. I can see her beautiful two colored eyes now; one is black and another one is icy blue. It's captivating.
 
"I'm doing what I need to do. If you want to stop this training, you can tell your President. I'll be happy to stop," she gives us her usual cold smile.
 
I sigh. She doesn't want to train us, does she?
 
"You may be the youngest here, Yoseob" Yoon surprises me with her clear voice, "but you're nagging too much."
 
I clear my troath, feel embarassed. How can she always know what I'm feeling? Geez.
 
"We're sorry if you're offended by us," Yonghwa bows. "Please do continue the training."
 
Yoon looks at Yonghwa for seconds. She smirks and sits again, ready to play the piano for us.
 
She puts her fingers on the white tunes but then I see her stop her fingers in the middle of the air for a second. She flinches a little. Slower, she puts down her fingers on the white tunes.
 
"Continue with Yesung. Sing The Fact," Yoon gives the next instruction. Strange enough, she is closing her eyes; yes, she is playing the piano with closed eyes.
 
Tell me what genius is now.
 
She keeps telling us our mistakes when we're singing too fast, hitting to high notes, forgetting the lyrics, and else. We finally stop after two hours have passed.
 
"I'm not satisfied yet," Yoon stands up; she is still closing her eyes. "Listen again to the songs I tell you to."
 
She leaves the music room to nowhere. We never know which one her room is in this house.
 
I shrug and leave the house with Yesung and Yonghwa. They bid me goodbye and leave with their own cars.
 
"Ah!" I hit my own forehead with my palm. "My phone!"
 
I left my phone in the music room because I was trying to focus with the training. I left it on the wooden table.
 
"Wait, wait," I mutter to my manager and rush into the house once again. The door isn't locked so I step carefully to the music room, trying not to make a single sound.
 
I open the door of the music room and, for my surprise, I find Yoon is standing in the middle of the room with her bangs covering her eyes. She is holding on a violin.
 
When she notices I'm on the door, she puts down the violin and asks me, "What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you we're done tonight?"
 
"I forgot my phone," I answer with hesitation. I walk step by step closer to the table and take my phone. I show the phone to her so she knows that I'm not making lame excuse, not knowing whether she looks at it or not, and steps back to the door.
 
She takes a step forward but then stops. When she stops, I stop my step as well.
 
Silence. No one moves.
 
"What are you waiting for?" she speaks out, standing still.
 
"N-nothing," I quickly leave the room and go back to the car. Right after I closed the door, the engine starts and we're driving away from Yoon's residence.
 
She is really mysterious. The more I spend time with her, the more I don't understand the way she think. As if she has her own world that we can't live on.
 
I admit that she is real amazing. She is genius; not mentioning her absolute pitch skill. She can play each of our songs just by listening to them one time.
 
I've checked about heterochromia iridum she mentioned two nights ago. I don't know that there is such kind of thing exist in this world; having two different colors of eyes originally.
 
I always find another mystery to be solved about her... if I can ever solve it.
 
Well, I know some facts about her but there are more mysterious questions keep accumulating in my question list.
 
I know her real name is Choi Yoon, even though our Presidents call her by her initial, Y.
 
I know there are some servants and gardeners who come to the house in the morning to take care of the facilities but Yoon never want to meet them; she forbids them to enter her room unless she is not in the room.
 
Yoon usually write on a small paper as her way to communicate with people she doesn't want to meet.
 
She is a night person; she will choose to work in the night rather than in the day. It's my own assumption though.
 
She never had a musical training. She learned how to play the musical instruments all by herself.
 
Three of us are the only artists who ever meet her in person because she hates people; this is what she said.
 
She has absoulte pitch and heterochromia iridum.
 
That's what I know about her.
 
What I don't know about her? Here we go.
 
Why does she hate people?
 
Why does she hide herself from public?
 
Why is she being really cold and distance from everyone?
 
Why do our Presidents accept the deal with her, to hide her from public and make her work as the hidden composer of our songs?
 
Why does she act strange sometimes, as if there is something around her that we can't see?
 
And more.
 
I guess I just need to understand her training method, not herself.
 
She's dangerous to deal with.
 
My intuition tells me so.