Y18 • Yoseob

Y • Y • Y
#taken from Yoseob's point of view
--- you are reading the alternate ending for Yoseob
 
1 year later
 
"This is unbelievable," I groan as Junhyung tosses me a pillow to shut me from another complaint. I take it before it hit my face, putting it on my lap. "I don't know all of you will go with me."
 
"Yah! I never met Yoon before. Give me a chance, will you?" Hyunseung blurts out, looking around to be amazed by all musical instruments in the room. "I want to know how beautiful she is."
 
"Don't even try to think you can be with her," I warn him, partly joking though. "She is not your typical lady to flirt with."
 
"Ah, our Yoseob is being protective," Doojoon links his right arm around my neck, pinning me playfully as he laughs with excitement. "I know how beautiful she is, Yoseob, and I don't plan to take her away from you. Don't worry."
 
I struggle to escape from Doojoon. I can see both Gikwang and Dongwoon are holding their laughters because of my reaction.
 
Well, I can understand. Hyunseung never met Yoon before while the others met Yoon around six months ago, after we're done with our family concert. Hyunseung was meeting his parents that day.
 
For my surprise, the others treat Yoon with great care. Yoon even said once that I am the least member she likes. Thanks to my straight forward attitude. Compared to Yesung and Yonghwa, she always fancy them more since the first time.
 
"Can you stop arguing?" Yoon leans to the door with a tray on her hand. She is bringing six glasses of water with the tray.
 
She walks to us and puts the glasses carefully on the table before sits next to me, leaning close to me. I don't understand why she loves to lean on my shoulder though.
 
"This is Hyunseung. It must be your first time to meet him," I pat her head with a smile on my face, her long hair. Hyunseung gives her his best smile but I'm sure Yoon is not dazzled by it since she just nods slightly as her reaction.
 
"You need to work hard if you want to leave a good impression for Yoon," Gikwang teases Hyunseung. His eyes meet mine and, as if he can read my mind, he stands up from his seat. "Let's go."
 
"Eh?" Dongwoon blinks in confusion. "We just met her!"
 
"Dining room, dining room," Gikwang winks at me; he is trying to give me times to be alone with Yoon. "Let's prepare something for dinner with Yoon. Hyunseung, show your skill!"
 
Within five minutes, all of them storm out from the music room, heading to the dining room to prepare the dinner for us.
 
"So...," I clear my throat nervously, "...do you miss me?"
 
BEAST has done with the schedule of Asia Tour Concert, which prevented me from meeting Yoon for a month. We flew back to Seoul this morning from Thailand and I quickly managed to visit her.
 
I can't believe a year has passed since the night I talked with her. Everything changed since that night.
 
"You never like me, don't you?"
 
I flinched a little because of her question. Both of us were standing in the middle of the music room. She didn't look at me but she was playing something with the piano.
 
"It's not like that...," I rubbed my head nervously. "I thought it's you who don't like me."
 
"You are different," Yoon stopped her fingers. "Even from Yesung and Yonghwa. You are really different."
 
I tilted my head, wondering about what she was trying to say. She continued playing the beautiful melodies and I recognized it was the song we composed to her; she knew how to play it already just by listening for it one time.
 
"They told me you're the one who gave the idea," she said calmly, not even bothering to look at me. "Why?"
 
"I don't have any reason. I just thought you will realize that we're different from the others. We just want you to know that we love music, just like you," I answered honestly. "I think you're amazing, Yoon. After everything you've been through. And it's not a mere pity. I adore you. I really do."
 
"Then do you want to feel my Wonderland?" there was a hint of sarcasm in her words.
 
"If I can take your position, I will," I answered firmly. I meant it. "I will do what I can do to make you feel better. As long as you see the world in different way. The world is a Wonderland. You only saw the other sides till now."
 
Yoon stopped playing the piano. She turned to look at me with her beautiful eyes, "You surprised me, Yang Yoseob."
 
It's her first compliment to me. If it was a compliment.
 
After the contract was finished, there was an empty week when I didn't contact Yoon at all. Suddenly she sent an e-mail to President Hong, telling me that I am allowed to pay her a visit whenever I want to.
 
She told me that I am allowed to visit her with my groupmates as well. At first, I felt disappointment because both Yesung and Yonghwa are allowed to do the same.
 
But I am the only one who always visits her frequently. And looks like I am the one who receives the special treatment from her; she always demands me to stay for dinner with her.
 
Well, I am the one who cooks for her.
 
Yoon always gives me her sarcasm words while I never fail to surprise her with my blunt reactions. Somehow our relationship is so unpredictable.
 
Yet I enjoy it.
 
Sometimes I help her compose some songs since she still receive the offer to check all songs for our labels. Sometimes she took the request to train some artists as well but she is really picky.
 
"I never miss you," Yoon answers coldy but she cuddles to me, making me to inhale her sweet scent more. "I've heard you made mistakes when you're at Phillipines."
 
"Don't bring that up," I sigh. She never missed the chance to mock me because of my little mistakes. I forgot my part during the concert. "It was nothing big."
 
She doesn't react. I notice she is clenching her fists and I know the AIWS shows up again. Yoon closes her eyes, taking a deep breathe.
 
"Yah, I am here," I wrap my arms around her waist. "I'm here."
 
As if I just said the magic spell, her breathe becomes steady. She leans comfortably to me, "You owe me dinner."
 
I chuckle. Yoon is childish somehow.
 
I bury my face on her hair, kissing her hair. I miss her, really miss her.
 
"Sure, my special Alice."