Y17 • Yonghwa

Y • Y • Y
#taken from Yonghwa's point of view
--- you are reading the alternate ending for Yonghwa
 
1 year later
 
"I'll pick you up at 10," my manager repeats once again, assuring my answer as I tidy up my black jacket. "Don't forget to have your dinner. My best regards for Yoon."
 
"Sure," I smile and check my phone screen to find that it's already 7 PM. I have three hours to spend with Yoon. "Be careful. I'll have dinner with Yoon."
 
I wave to my manager as he drives away from Yoon's residence. I turn around and open the gate, heading to the residence. My eyes explore the yard and find that the white and red roses have blossomed.
 
Ah, it's been more than a month since I visited Yoon. I'm glad the garderners take care of the roses until they blossom. I know Yoon likes roses; she just never mentioned it until I found the lyrics she wrote. She kept mentioning white and red roses in the lyrics.
 
Yes, since the night she talked to me in private, her life has changed. In one and another way.
 
"Do you think that miracles exist?" it was her first question to me when we sat on the bed. We were in the room where I saw her tear for the first time.
 
She stared at her palm; maybe her AIWS appeared and she was looking at the bigger or smaller palm of her.
 
I took her hand and embraced it gently, making her to turn and look at me. I smiled to her softly, "As long as you believe in it, it is real."
 
"How...," Yoon closed her eyes, "...can music change my life? How can I stay to love music with my life like this?"
 
"Do you love to create melodies?" I asked her calmly. Since she was the one who composed most of our songs, revised them from time to time, I knew she had talents of composing music.
 
Yoon didn't answer but she opened her eyes slowly, meeting my eyes in silence.
 
"If it's difficult for you to interact with the others, it's alright to stop training us. I understand. But you still can show your love by composing music," I told her my idea. "I will talk to the President. Your name will be publicized as "Y" and the President will help you as your mediator, so you can continue composing music with hidden identity."
 
I knew that the idea might be a little bit confusing but I needed her to agree. I knew she didn't like to interact with many people so there was no way I would force her to go out from here and act as if she was ordinary.
 
But for me, she wasn't a freak. She was extra ordinary and it would never change.
 
I open the door to the music room and my lips immediately turn into a curve when I see her playing the guitar.
 
When I close the door, she stops playing the guitar and puts down it, looking at me with her different colored eyes, "You're here."
 
"Sorry. I need to take care of the new album," I approach her and pat her head gently. She has her hair tied up in a ponytail with maroon ribbon, her favorite color. "Are you preparing a new song?"
 
"Not really," she shifts to give me a space to sit next to her. "As always. You are blue."
 
"I'm being emotional here because I finally meet you," I sit next to her. I have the explanation of all colors she sees from people now; she taught me. "You know there are a lot of musicians choose your works over me now."
 
"Ah, so I'm taking your spotlight," Yoon says with sarcasm, touching her lips with her index finger. "Should I stop then?"
 
"I never said it that way," I lean closer to her, kissing her cheek softly, feeling her soft skin. I can feel her sweet scent that I have missed all these times. "You know it."
 
Yoon doesn't move. She lets me to plant another kiss on her cheek before my hand pulls off her maroon ribbon, letting her long hair to fall. I start to move my lips lower and kiss her neck, feeling completely in bliss.
 
"I miss you," I whisper, embracing her hand. She turns to look at me and I catch a glimpse of her smile on her face.
 
Around two weeks after the night we talked and I was done with the training with her, my President called me and told me that I would be the one to help him as the messenger. I would be the one who responsible to visit Yoon from time to time as she accepted the requests for composing music.
 
I took the offer without thinking twice. I would be really happy to meet Yoon as often as possible. And I'm glad she felt the same with me.
 
"You are the one who didn't visit me in a month," Yoon scoffs, offending me with her words. "Don't blame me if heartbreaking love songs become my creations this month."
 
"Ah," I trail her long hair with my finger as I kiss the edge of her hair, "should I make an amend for that?"
 
Without waiting for her answer, I lock my lips with hers.
 
"Are you trying to make me write love songs again?" she mumbles after I parted the kiss.
 
"I'll write the song with you," I can't help myself to smile as I hold her hand tighter, as the sign that I am sitting right next to her.
 
"I'll write the song for you."