Y10 • AIWS

Y • Y • Y
#taken from Yonghwa's point of view
 
I knocked the gray door three times before opening it slightly, taking a peek of what's inside the room. When I notice Yesung's figure, sitting at the edge of the bed, I encourage myself to step inside.
 
I was on my way back to my apartment after the training when Yesung suddenly sent me a text message that something happened to Yoon.
 
Without thinking twice, I asked my manager to return to Yoon's residence. I stepped upstairs and headed to the gray door, just like what Yesung told me in his text message.
 
Yoon is laying down on a bed while Yesung is sitting next to her, looking at her with worried expression.
 
"Is she alright?" I mutter slowly because I don't want Yoon to be disturbed by my presence.
 
Yesung turns to look at me, surprised because of my sudden appearance. He nods slightly as I take a seat next to him.
 
Yoon is sweating. Her eyes are closed and she looks really pale. Her breathe is unsteady while, I notice, she is clenching her fists.
 
"She fainted," Yesung mumbles. "I don't know what happened to her that's why I told you to come. Yoseob has another schedule tomorrow morning and his manager forbids him to come back."
 
"Don't you have any schedule tomorrow morning?" I ask him calmly, knowing that he must be really busy nowadays for the preparation of their new album. "It's alright. I will stay with her until she wake up."
 
Yesung looks at me with wide eyes. I can see hesitation in his eyes, as if he doesn't want to leave Yoon right now.
 
But he doesn't have a choice.
 
"Call me if there is something," Yesung stands up carefully. "I'm going now."
 
"Sure," I smile to assure him. "I will tell you if she wakes up."
 
Yesung nods slightly. He took a glance at Yoon once again before he leaves the room, stepping out from the house and returns to his apartment because his manager is waiting for him.
 
I return my gaze to Yoon.
 
Looks like she is having a nightmare.
 
I look around, examining the room. I don't think it's her bedroom even though there is a bed in this room. It's more likely an office room for her.
 
There is a notebook on a table and a flute next to it. This room is quite dim because there are only two chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. All the windows are covered by curtains, like the other rooms in this house.
 
There are books shattering on the floor. Books about music, about biology, about history, about geography, about animals, and more. Did she read all of those?
 
"Who the light?"
 
I quickly look at Yoon; she is awake. But she is closing her eyes tight as if she is annoyed with the dim light.
 
I stand up from my seat, turning off one of the chandeliers, knowing that she doesn't like brightness.
 
"Is it alright now?" I step closer to her again.
 
She doesn't reply but her eyes are opened now. She stretches out her hand, staring at her own palm in silence as if there is something on her palm.
 
"Yoon?" I take her hand, embracing it gently.
 
Instead of scary, she looks so small right now. I can feel loneliness engulfs this room. I don't know how I can explain it but I think Yoon is lonely.
 
Of course she is lonely.
 
She is all alone in this house. For you-know-how-long years, she was blocking herself from outsiders. She was being the anti-social, banishing herself in the loneliness of the world.
 
But for what reason?
 
"Ah, you're this close," Yoon mutters, closing her eyes once again. "Why are you so faraway when my eyes are opened?"
 
"Eh?" I blink in confusion. What is she talking about?
 
She opens her eyes, pulling her hand away from mine. She shift her hand to touch my face.
 
I stay still. My brain freezes as I look into her eyes; the black and icy blue eyes.
 
But her fingers never reached my face. She stops all of a sudden with her hand is touching the air.
 
"You're too far," she scoffs, clenching her fist and covering her eyes with her arm. "Being an Alice is a really expensive price."
 
Alice?
 
"I am being such a pathetic to faint in front of you and Yesung, right?" Yoon chuckles coldly, making me to shiver again. She has returned with her cold attitude once again.
 
I hold my breathe, waiting for her to continue because I know she still has something else to say.
 
"Tell me, do you want to have my talent?" she blurts out a question without looking at me. "Having absolute pitch and synesthesia?"
 
She opens her eyes, looking at me with different looks this time.
 
Yoon has sad eyes. She is looking at me with desperation.
 
"I'm tired seeing different things. I hate seeing my own body to be altered in size and shape. I hate to find that things are so far from me that I can't touch them when they are actually right in front of me," she mutters with monotone.
 
"Tell me," a tear escapes her eyes. "How many years have passed since the last time I met someone other than three of you who shared the love of music with me?"
 
I gasp.
 
"Three years? Or maybe five years? Ah, I don't know. I can't remember," Yoon closes her eyes again. "My head is aching. I think you shall leave now. I want to be alone."
 
"Yoon," I clear my throat awkwardly; I can't hold this curiosity anymore. "What is the price you're talking about."
 
Yoon doesn't open her eyes but she offers me her hand, "Give me your hand."
 
She takes my hand and then writes something on my palm.
 
Letter by letter.
 
"A"
 
"I"
 
"W"
 
"S"
 
She pulls her hand, still with her closed eyes.
 
"Leave," she hisses. "Go now."
 
Her tone is dangerous and I know she means it this time.
 
I stand up and bow to her, leaving her alone.
 
I clench my fists as I return to my car; I'm shivering.
 
I think I just drown myself deeper into another dark and mysterious life of Yoon.