Y4 • Heterochromia iridum

Y • Y • Y
#taken from Yonghwa's point of view
 
"You're back," my manager greets me when I close the door. He is sitting on the sofa while reading up a magazine.
 
I flash him a smile and go to the kitchen to grab a drink. It is kind of tiring to have two hours destination from there to here.
 
"How's the training?" he asks me, closing the magazine and puts it on the table.
 
"Good," I answer simply.
 
To be honest, it's really different from the usual training I ever had. Like what she said before, she has her own ways to train us and we just need to fit in her ways.
 
"I wonder if President Park made a wise decision," my manager sighs. "Looks like it's a hard training."
 
"Don't worry," I ensure him. "I'm doing good."
 
I check the watch and it's almost midnight. I bid him goodbye; he's only waiting for me to come back to tell me my schedule for tomorrow evening. I walk to my room and sit on my bed, checking on my phone.
 
I'm pretty much sure that Yoon does have absolute pitch. She noticed every mistake we made, every right note we should do, and she could play all kind of musical instruments.
 
I didn't believe that she never had musical training. She told us that all instruments she has now are given by President Lee, President Park, and President Hong.
 
No one ever taught her how to play the instrument; yes, she learned by herself. She can play all kind of classical instruments and modern instruments.
 
If playing all kind of instruments is not amazing enough, she showed us her ability in singing. She sang for us to show us the right note and she has an amazing and clear voice.
 
No wonder the Presidents of three biggest companies in South Korea respect her. She is a genius, if I may say.
 
Another additional information, she has a really great memory. She only need to listen to a song one time to memorize it and then she can play the song with any instrument in one try; that's why she could play our songs.
 
Plus she told us that she did remake some of our original songs before the composer gave them to us. She always check all of our songs before we receive them. We just never knew about it.
 
When we asked her about what did our Presidents give to her in return, Yoon answered us with a smirk. She told us that she doesn't need payment for what she does but our Presidents are responsible for her living.
 
Her residence was given by President Lee while President Hong is paying for the servants and gardeners who take care of her house in the morning; Yoon wants to be alone when the night falls. President Park is the one who is responsible of monitoring the condition in her residence.
 
My biggest question is why does she hide her existence? She can be really famous if she tells the whole world about her ability; all music companies will happily take her to work for them.
 
Come to think of it, she told us something about her eyes.
 
I stand up and turn on my notebook. I quickly type 'heterochromia' on the search engine. I hit the enter button and, voila, the results are there.
 
I scroll down and click on the top link to read the explanation about heterochromia.
 
In anatomy, heterochromia refers to a difference in coloration, usually of the iris but also of hair or skin. Heterochromia is a result of the relative excess or lack of melanin. It may be inherited, or caused by genetic mosaicism, disease or injury.
 
Ah, so something like this does exist. I did really surprised when I saw her two different colored eyes. I though she used lens contact.
 
I read the whole article and I know that there are two kinds of heterochromia in the eye: complete heterochromia which is one iris is a different color from the other and partial heterochromia or sectoral heterochromia is when a part of one iris is a different color from its remainder.
 
I think Yoon has the complete heterochromia since each of her iris has full color.
 
Now I'm wondering why does she have heterochromia? Is it inherited?
 
But then again there's no way I will get the answer from Yoon herself. When we're asking questions after the training, she answered them with smirk or cold smiles, as if saying that we're asking way too much.
 
When Yoseob asked her about her age, she quickly asked us to leave. I assume that we're crossing the lines.
 
I yawn. It's already past midnight now. I turn off my notebook and throw myself on the bed.
 
I will meet Yoon again two nights later. Before that she demanded us to listen to other person's songs and learn them.
 
I must listen to BEAST, Yoseob must listen to Super Junior, and Yesung must listen to C.N.Blue.
 
Yoon will test us again with the music she will choose.
 
I guess I just need to prepare myself for her training.
 
I close my eyes but Yoon's eyes keep lingering on my mind.
 
Her cold attitude. Her sarcasm. Her arrogance. Yoon is way too mysterious for an ordinary trainer.
 
There is something she is hiding from us.

Something that we should never know.

Something we never meant to know.