Y14 • Something

Y • Y • Y
#taken from Yoseob's point of view
 
It's been two weeks since the first night I met Yoon. These last two weeks have been really... memorable. With all the new information I found out about Yoon, my head feels like spinning around anytime.
 
Absolute pitch. Heterochromia iridum. Synesthesia. AIWS. All in a body of a girl named Choi Yoon who was born on the same year as me.
 
Since the night she answered our questions shortly, I don't see her the way I saw her before. I never saw her as the cold and strange girl anymore; all I see from her now is only the lonely Alice.
 
Yoon loves music. Just like I do.
 
But she needs to bear the painful sight. The thing that she calls a curse. The one that haunts her life. Can anyone blame her for thinking of an end to her fearful living in this world?
 
Now I know the questions I have been wondering the whole time. The mystery lifted up from her somehow, leaving the trace of guilty in my heart.
 
Why does she hate people?
 
The exact question is why doesn't she hate people? She has been alone the whole time, living in a world where people can't except her difference.
 
I confronted my manager yesterday and I asked him in private about Yoon. The President didn't say much but he told me that Yoon was abandoned by her parents because they were scared by Yoon, because Yoon kept telling them about different colors and bigger and smaller things.
 
Yoon was thrown by her own parents into an orphanage when she was around twelve years old. She was running away from the orphanage when President Lee from SM Entertainment found her.
 
Why does she hide herself from public?
 
Everyone who stands on her position will do the same. People will think that she is a freak and draw distance with her. Public is her eternal enemy as long as her differences put her aside from ordinary people.
 
Why is she being really cold and distance from everyone?
 
She is only protecting herself from being hurt even more. I'm sure her heart is bleeding all the time to know that she can't be like the other musicians who show their love of music freely. Like us.
 
Yoon doesn't have a choice. Her coldness and her distance with us. It's all the choices left for her to stay in this world. That's why she agreed to help our Presidents, so she can do something for the music that she loves.
 
The only thing that she loves in this world.
 
Why do our Presidents accept the deal with her, to hide her from public and make her work as the hidden composer of our songs?
 
I don't know about the others, but my President told me that Yoon is a diamond. He told me that maybe this training will change her somehow. He is hoping that three of us will be Yoon's turning point in a way.
 
Yoon needs someone to guide her, to change her from being afraid of the world, he said to me.
 
And I know what he was trying to say.
 
Yoon is an ordinary girl in extra ordinary condition. That's all. She loves music and she is beautiful; oh yes, I admit it, she is indeed beautiful.
 
A turning point.
 
I've been thinking since yesterday. How can we change her mindset of this world? This world has been the darkest place for her and she has been living in this world for more than twenty years now.
 
Abandoned by her own parents. Living in a scary Wonderland. Filling her days with music.
 
Each day. Each night. She spends it with loneliness.
 
Does she feel better with our presence with her? Does she need us to stay with her? Does she feel better if we are with her?
 
"Yang Yoseob," Yoon's cold voice warns me as usual. She stops playing the piano as she gives me a glare under her bangs. "Are you going to train with us or not?"
 
"I-I'm sorry," I bow to her immediately; I almost forgot that I am training with her right now. She is playing the piano as I sing in turns with Yesung and Yonghwa for a ballad version of Lightless.
 
"Don't make me repeat twice again, Yoseob," Yoon smirks with sarcasm. "I'm sure you still have another schedule."
 
Yoon doesn't change at all. As if there is nothing happened between us. She is still the cold and mysterious Yoon but I know that she is not being this way for no reason.
 
There must be something we can do for her.
 
"Yesung, Yonghwa," I stop them when three of us ready to leave the residence. Our managers are waiting for us in the cars.
 
"Have you two received my messages about the explanation I got from my President?" I mutter, earning nods from them.
 
"I think we need to do something for Yoon," I speak out the idea. "Something to make her believe that we are different from the others."
 
"And what is that something, Yoseob?" Yonghwa frowns, waiting for my answer.
 
I clear my throat nervously, hoping that my idea will be a good idea.

Better than nothing.