이십구 Eat

Day By Day

꺼내 먹어요 (Eat) - Zion. T

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

    Taeyeon was woken up from her nap by a series of raps at the door. She groaned. Maybe Jessica would get the door. She heard Jessica’s footsteps approach the door. But the knocking continued. Jessica’s footsteps increased in pace and volume and the next thing she knew, she was being tackled and brought to the floor with a thump.

“Jessica!” she screamed. Or at least she tried to, before Jessica slapped a hand to .
“SHH!!” Jessica hissed.
Taeyeon let out a few muffled screams in confusion.
She studied Jessica’s expression. was a worried line, and the look of desperation on her face made Taeyeon want to hug her. She removed her hand from Taeyeon’s mouth.
“What’s wrong Sica?”
Jessica bit her lip, “I—it’s—my father is outside the door right now.”
“Wait your—you father? How does he know where you live?” Taeyeon sat up.
“I don’t know!” Jessica threw her hands up in frustration, “Krystal probably told him! I can’t believe I trusted her to keep a secret! !”
Taeyeon held Jessica’s hands in her own, “okay calm down, Sica, go and hide somewhere, I’ll answer the door and pretend you don’t live here, alright?”
“But Krystal knows I live here! That’s not going to work!”
“Just go and hide, Jessica!”
The knocking persisted. Jessica looked at the door and ran to hide in bathroom. Taeyeon sighed. She smoothed out her clothes and went to open the door.
“Um…yes?” she asked, trying to look as confused as possible.
There was a man at the door, and a woman, whom she assumed to be Jessica’s parents. Krystal stood behind them, fidgeting nervously.
“I—uh,” the man stammered, before turing around to face Krystal, “Soojung, I thought you said this was Sooyeon’s house?”
Krystal stiffened, “It—it is! This is her girlfriend!”
“Sooyeon has a girlfriend?” the woman spat in disdain.
“Yes! I mean no! No she doesn’t have a girlfriend!”
“Are you lying to us, Jung Soojung?” the man snapped.
“I—” Krystal began, before being interrupted by Taeyeon.
“Alright I have no idea who you people are, so if you’re just here to waste my time I’d like it if you left.”
The man turned his attention to Taeyeon, “where is my daughter?”
“Your daughter? I…I’m assuming she’s the one behind you?”
“Not that one! The other one! Jung Sooyeon!”
“Alright sir, I have no idea what the you’re talking about, and I’ve never met anyone called Jung Sooyeon in my life, so if that’s all, please go away,” Taeyeon sighed and closed the door.
A hand pushed it open again.
Jessica’s father was visibly fuming, “I don’t have time for your games! Where is my daughter?! This is her house!”
“Sir, if you don’t leave right now and stop harassing me, I will have to call the police.”
“You—!”
“Let’s just go, dad” Krystal said, tugging on her father’s jacket.
Her father huffed and stormed off towards his car with his family in tow.
“Goodbye sir! Good luck in finding your daughter!” Taeyeon grinned.
He turned around and glared at her, as did his wife. Krystal on the other hand, and gone pale and looked extremely guilty. But Taeyeon could not forgive her on behalf of Jessica, so she shook her head and frowned at Krystal. She needed to check up on Jessica.

    She found Jessica sitting in the bathtub with the shower curtains closed, staring at the tiled wall.
“Sica? They’re gone now.”
“Oh..um..thanks,” Jessica bit her lip.
Taeyeon joined Jessica in the tub, “are you okay?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Come here,” she held her arms out. Jessica shuffled over and Taeyeon laid down, making space so they could lie next to each other. Wrapping her arms around Jessica, Taeyeon her hair gently, and eventually, Jessica relaxed her previously stiff body and buried her face in Taeyeon’s chest. Though it was strange and rather uncomfortable to be lying in a bathtub that only just fut the both of them, they stayed there for a while, until Taeyeon spoke.
“Do you want to move in with me?” she asked.
Jessica looked up at her, eyes wide and unsure.
“I meant like, temporarily, you know, until you feel safe enough to come back here again.”
She couldn’t say she was expecting an answer, but when Jessica kissed her, it was the only answer she needed.

    “But was that actually a yes? I don’t want to assume,” Taeyeon asked later, when Jessica had somewhat forgotten what happened earlier in the day.
Jessica rolled her eyes, “yes, you idiot, that’s why I’m here with you right now, in your house, in your pyjamas, in your bed.”
“Okay okay, I was just making sure, I don’t know, maybe this is just a sleepover? Sometimes it’s hard to understand you, but I’m trying and I love you,” Taeyeon pouted.
Jessica smiled, “love you too, you dumb loser.”
“I am not dumb!”
“Okay, let’s just say that for now.”

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

:^))