이십일 Truth

Day By Day

Truth - Ha:tfelt

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
7/6/14

    “Come to think of it, I’ve never seen you cry,” Yuri said out of nowhere. Jessica turned away from her paperwork and looked at Yuri, wondering whether or not to reply.
“Crying is a sign of weakness,” Jessica said.
Yuri squinted at her, “please don’t give me that bull. I know you’ve had a ty childhood and your dad was a , but you need to stop being so ing stuck up and just let me in goddammit.”
Jessica stared at her, knowing full well that Yuri was right. It was quite unfair that Yuri had poured out her soul to Jessica, who never let her see what she really was.

    But really, emotions were a burden. “Without emotions,” Jessica thought, “I will have no inhibitions and nothing will hurt me.” Feeling hurt was an emotion. 

    And Yuri had hurt Jessica. 

    The way Jessica swallowed and the slight frown that appeared on her face was enough to tell Yuri that she had probably gone to far.
“Wait Jessica, I’m sorry. I didn’t—”
“What do you know about me to say that? It’s not that easy, you don’t understand,” Jessica spat as she stood up abruptly.
“That’s the ing problem; I don’t know anything about you! You don’t allow me to understand!” Yuri called after her, but she had already left. She sighed.

    She sighed. She really needed to stop reacting like that. She had resolved to never get angry, no matter what anyone said, but it was hard not to get worked up when people assumed that they knew the exact reasons as to why she did what she did.

    How would they know?

    Even she didn’t know why she was like that.

    What gave them the right to mould her into what they believed she was?

    It’s not like she chose to be this way. Why couldn’t they understand that?

    But what the did Yuri know about her? How would she know how Jessica felt? She never had any problems. All Yuri did was freak out over test scores and assignments. It’s not like Yuri ever had to go home to a house that was almost always silent when everyone wasn’t screaming at each other. It’s not like Yuri flinched whenever her father even so much as stood within arms length. It’s not like Yuri had to tread carefully in the very place she was supposed to call ‘home’.
“Jesus Christ,” Jessica grumbled, “I need to stop thinking like this, ugh.” Where was she going? She looked up. It seemed that she was on the way to Taeyeon’s apartment. She stopped. Taeyeon shouldn’t have to deal with all of her problems, and Jessica shouldn't just offload her burden onto Taeyeon jus because she said she was okay with it. 

    Once again, she was alone at home, in front of the piano, pouring her feelings into the keys and playing the same songs she always played when she felt…
Trapped?
That would've been the closest word.
At least now she could play whatever she wanted to without worrying about bothering anyone.

    Yuri stood over the bar, wiping hard at a spot that had long been erased, brow furrowed and deep in thought.
“So, a penny for your thoughts, and a Knob Creek for mine,” someone slid into the seat directly in front of Yuri.
“Knob Creek? I could do with one. But too bad I’m working now, or I’d join you,” Yuri said as she bent down to grab the bottle and a glass, “did you want it neat or on the rocks?”
“Eh, I’ll have it on the rocks.”
Yuri placed the drink on the counter and she felt her heart stop in .
Oh It’S TiFfANY DONT BE A LOSER YURI DONT BE A LOSER.
“What’s with that face?” Tiffany smirked, “am I that ugly?”
“What? No I—”
Tiffany took a sip of her drink, “just chill out, I know I’m hot, and judging by the way you were looking at me that day you think so too.”
Yuri sputtered “w-w-what?”
“Remember? It was like, a few months ago and I did some stuff and ended up here and now I’m drunk as and trying to hit on you ahahaha this is fun!” Tiffany grinned.
After blushing, Yuri finally found her voice (and her confidence), “well, I’d stop you from drinking, but I am a bartender after all and this is earning me money so…”
Tiffany laughed, “I’ll order as many drinks as I can, as long as there’s someone to take me home.”
“Are you implying something?”
“I don’t know, am I?
Yuri put down her cloth and leaned over the counter, close enough to smell the enticing scent of Tiffany mixed with bourbon, “well, my decision to close early or have a cab handy rides on your implication, so I don’t know, you tell me.”
“Are you thinking what I’m thinking, B1?” Tiffany smirked as she raised her glass for more>
“I think I am, B2,” Yuri grinned and poured her another glass.

    Yuri ended up closing early, much to the disappointment of the bar’s patrons, and to her and Tiffany’s glee. While Tiffany downed her last glass of bourbon, Yuri (under the guise of packing up) walked around to her side of the counter and softly sidled up to her.
“Well hello, there miss, do you work here?” Tiffany laughed drunkenly.
“No, but perhaps I could help you,” Yuri played along.
“Hmm, I seem to be having problems with my jacket, I just can’t get it off.”
“Ah, that I can help you with,” running her arm up the sleeve of the jacket, Yuri grabbed the collar and slowly spun Tiffany around in the chair to face her. As Tiffany opened her legs slightly to allow her to move closer, Yuri slid the jacket off leisurely, taking her time as she heard Tiffany’s breath become heavier and saw her eyes close halfway.
“You’re a bit close there miss, what are you, gay?” Tiffany whispered as Yuri leaned closer into her face, just a breath away from each other.
Gay? Hell yes,” as the jacket fell to the floor, Yuri closed the gap and Tiffany her hands into her hair and kissed her hungrily.
As they pulled apart, Yuri her lips, tasting the faint tang of alcohol and strawberries.
“Well honey,” Tiffany giggled, “gay is very okay.”

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

hollaaaaa

yulti for yall

idk anymore

this doesn't really make any sense

red velvet is da bomb

okay bye gon update other things today