Chapter 9

Dear Diary...

Chapter 9


Woohyun

 

I never intended for it to end like this.

We met in the middle of the street and I felt the gazes from behind piercing my back. We just stood there, Kyuhyun already lost in his senseless drivel while I only wanted to  kindly tell him to shut up and leave.

" You know. I don't care about anything you say. Just leave. There's nothing here for you. Do you really want to destroy all of your business relationships because of that crazy thing Sungmin asked of you?" I said when he was catching his breath.

He avoided my gaze.

" I'm not doing this because I want to." he said in a moment of truth... or so I thought. For once I had the feeling his true intentions came through.

"I'm here because Sungmin wants it."

"He shouldn't have the urge to have other people next to him when he has you." I said and repeated Sunggyus words.

How right he was with them.

Kyuhyun looked to the ground. " It's difficult."

And for a moment I felt some kind of sympathy for him.

That's what I think while standing in front of Sunggyus room.  Trying to remember the moments of sympathy so I don't feel too guilty about doing this to Sunggyu.

I want to help.

Yes.

That's what I'll tell him.

Finally I decide to knock.  "Sunggyu... it's me."

Silence.

I knock again. " Come on. Don't be a and let me in. "

Still ignoring me.

I'm thinking about kicking  the door but decide otherwise and lean my forehead against the dark wood. He is definitely still in one of his moods.

Minutes pass by when I finally hear his voice. " You're leaning there?"

He's close. Maybe on the chair next to the door.

" Does it matter?"

"Of course it does."

The door opens a crack and I take the chance to enter the room with high speed. I jump onto his bed and pull the blanket over my head.

" Why are you hiding?"

" This way you can't throw me out."

" I won't throw you out."

" You're sure?"

I take a glance at him. He really is sitting on the chair, his face strangely calm.

I play with a button on the blanket, trying to look as innocent as possible.

"Namu..."

I gulp heavily. He never used that name since I told him it feels too distant.

" What did you do?"

I turn over to lie on my back and look at the ceiling. " You know. Kyuhyun actually hates being here and doing all of this . It's all Sungmins doing. If you ask me, I think Kyuhyun owes something to him. Or at least feels like it. I didn't dig any deeper."

" You should have. Maybe I would get all of that craziness. Because right now I have my problems with that.  And maybe you would be able to explain that tiny part to me, that says you'll leave with him."

" I might or might not have come up with a great plan."

He glares at me from his seat and I shrink slightly.

" Don't kill me. Let me explain. You know... that guy seems to have some kind of complex. Kyuhyun told me he keeps talking about making me his friend. You know, me being great and all. And I will live with that Sungmin guy if he wants me that much. But... I will show him I'm the worst person ever. He will get rid of me in not time and go back to Kyuhyun and they will live happily ever after. That's my part of the agreement."

"And his?"

" It's for a week. If it doesn't work, no matter what, Kyuhyun will bring me home." I nearly choke on my own saliva when I talk too fast.

Sunggyu seems to think for a moment before he gets up and walks closer to the bed. " Move."

 I scoot over  to the side a bit and he lies down next to me. I can't help but to release a sigh of relieve when he reaches out for me and softly touches my cheek.

" You crackbrained idiot. I should beat the crap out of you for doing this to me.", he stops his movements, our gazes locked. " Even when I think that you actually handled this quiet well."

Sadness glisters in his eyes and I take the chance to huddle closer and steal the much needed and missed kiss.

" I know those stubborn leaders.", he smiles sadly when I kiss him again. " They never give up. I have to know. I live with one of them."

" Still..."

" Imagine what would happen to your work because of me."

" Don't you want me to stop all of this?"

" I want you to be safe."

" Then imagine me going with them to some place where you can't be with me."

A uncomfortable feeling spreads in my stomach. Just the thought...

He seems to notice. " See?"

" But it's me who's going. You would never be as stupid as me."

That's when he finally circles his arms around my and pulls me close to him, his face nuzzled into my neck. " I love you."

" Me, too." I answer only to earn a shaking of his head.

" You don't know... I have that feeling. I shouldn't let you go there. Everything inside of me is telling me not to let you go."

" Nothing will happen."

"Can't I come with you?"

" That's not included in the agreement." I whisper and slowly caress his back. How much it hurts me to see him like this.

" You didn't even ask for it."

" I don't want you near him."

He grows quiet again.

I sigh deeply. " Don't be like this, Sunggyu. We have this night left and tomorrow I'll leave. Only for a week. Or maybe not even that long. He'll be sick of me so soon. And then you have me by your side for a long long time. And I promise to annoy you as much as I can. "

He's  still quiet.

Too quiet.

Sunggyu and his words.

They are a unit. They never leave each other for a long time but now he hasn't said anything  since forever and when I have the feeling he starts crying I have to keep myself from freaking out. " I'm so sorry... so sorry... "

No answer.

" Don't cry.", I his hair in on of the moments where I'm the one to comfort him. " It'll be alright... trust me..."

I nuzzle my face into his hair, inhale is scent deeply and try to concentrate on his even breathing while I count the seconds.

The more I pay attention to the time, the slower it goes by, but still, somehow, it's morning all of sudden.

 

 

OOO

 

One week later. Busan.

 

 

" Why are you calling?"

I just entered the room where Sungmin is waiting for me when Sunggyu calls me.

" It's five minutes until midnight."

"And?"

" That means the week is over. I'm here to get you."

"You..." I stop in my tracks.

" Yes. Just look out of the window."

I hurry over to the window, and really, there he his leaning against his car across the street and waving at me.

" Sunggyu...", a bright smile on my face appears he most probably can't see because I'm on the third floor of Kyuhyuns town house. " You came."

" Of course. I also brought Hoya and Dongwoo along. Hoya seemed to miss Sungjong quiet a lot."

That's what Sunggyu arranged  the day I left. He couldn't bring himself to let me leave on my own, so Sungjong gladly took the part of accompanying me, much to Hoyas dismay.

" Did you already pack your stuff?"

I nod vigorously, even though he can't see. " I'll be out there in a few minutes. Let me tell Sungmin goodbye first."

"Sure."

I wave at him for a second. " I love you."

He keeps looking from down there and I'm sure he is smiling. " Love you, too. Now hurry up."

"Yes."

I hang up and turn back to Sungmin who sits in his wheelchair next to the table.

" Let's drink a last bit of wine before you leave."

" Sure."  I take my glass.

" Sunggyu called you?" he asks and when he also helps himself.

" Yes. He's waiting for me on the street."

" You must be happy. " he says with a genius smile and I lift my wine.

" I missed him."

" I'll miss you."

We simultaneously take a sip of the sweet wine.

I smile at him. " Who would have thought we would become friends. For a snob you're quiet alright."

" Same goes to you, peasant."

I feel the warmth that spreads inside of me. A quick gaze at the clock. Two minutes to midnight.

Slowly the sleepiness overtakes me.

Such a nice evening to end all of this. Maybe I can bring Sunggyu to stay here for a while. I really came to like Busan.

And in all of my satisfaction I don't even realize how Sungmin slumps down in front of me.

I think about it for a second... if I should get scared but that is when my body gets weak all of sudden and I collapse on the table and before I can even think about it I'm already dead.

 

 

End of part 1