Chapter 20

Dear Diary...

I love this story, don't think I abandoned it when I'm a bit slow~ its a bit short but its important for the following story

 

 

 

A few hours earlier somewhere in the basement

 

 

Sungyeol

 

Sungyeol finds himself in a more than awkward situation with Myungsoo in the basement. While the black haired guy hammers down on the keyboard Sungyeol tries to keep himself distracted with the small yoyo in his hand.

Sadly it seems like Myungsoo made it his task to show him that something was not right between them. As if he didn't already notice...

" Myungsoo... how long will you keep ignoring me?"

" I'm not ignoring you."

" Then how long will you keep things awkward?", Sungyeol rolls the yoyo. " At least talk to me about the thing that is bothering you."

" It is not like you would give me the answer I want."

" Is it still about her?"

" If you're talking about the woman whose computer I'm trying to hack now, yes." Myungsoo says, venom in his voice. They glare at each other for a second before he turns back to the screen.

" Oh come on. I already told you I'm sorry. What do you want?!"

" It is a bit late for this. You keeping this as secret might have led to Woohy--" he stops midsentence, sudden regret  in his eyes.

Sungyeol decides not to leave the room in a rush, even though he wants to. Sometimes anger gets to the always so stoic Myungsoo. It is not like he means what he says.

" I'm sorry.", Myungsoo says. " I didn't mean to say this."

" I know."

They go back to the earlier silence, both sunken in their thoughts.

Sungyeol once again is the first to talk. He never liked the silence." How is the hacking going?"

" Not that well. She put up lots of security."

" If you can't do it no one can."

A small smile plays on Myungsoos lips. " I know."

" Arrogant jerk." He contemplates about throwing the yoyo at the black haired guy but decides against it the last second, trying to keep the atmosphere at least slightly comfortable  like it is now.

"  Is it save for you?"

" What do you mean?"

" Like... don't you think she could track you down like that?"

Myungsoo stops typing for a second. " No... don't think so.", he lifts his gaze and once again Sungyeol can't help but think how handsome he is. " And even if they found out. You really think someone could get through to us?"

Sadly, even though Sungyeol thinks that Myungsoo never makes mistakes it is the following evening that shows him different.

 

 

OOOO

 

 

Woohyun

 

Dongwoos belt presses into my side painfully.
The only thing I still recognize in between the haze and the sudden dullness.
It is so quiet all of sudden. Where earlier my screams and the shootings drowned everything else now there is an eerie silence.
There...
Rushed footsteps outside. I turn my gaze to the door, not even caring anymore if someone comes inside and hurts me. They already put a bullet through my heart.

A few metres away...
The door gets opened in a rush.
"The outside is save. We got him."
Suga.
"Dongwoo! Move your over here!"
The weight disappears.
"Son of a ..."
My breath gets stuck in my throat.

That voice...

" Let me get up!"
"Sunggyu..." I manage to get back on my shaky legs, trying to get some order in the mess around me.
" Don't you dare moving! You got two bullets in you!" Hoya yells at him.
"One... I think the one in my stomach went through.", Sunggyu grimaces in pain. " Is someone else hurt?"
"Sungyeol got hit. How is he doing?" Hoya, sweating all over his face, calls over to Myungsoo and Sungjong.
" He is unconscious but breathing fine at the moment.", Myungsoos voice is steady but I can hear a slight breaking in the end. " We need to get him to a hospital as fast as possible."
I feel so lost. Everyone seems to know perfectly fine what to do... but... how can they? Is feel paralyzed just by the mere thought that someone shot Sunggyu two times right in front of my eyes... how is Myungsoo able to move.
"Woohyun... where... where is Woohyun? Is he okay?!" Sunggyus suddenly panicked voice pulls me out of my haze.
"I'm here." The first step is the hardest but then I'm next to him on my knees, searching for his hand.

So much blood.

Like that day...
I don't even know why I start crying. Like a baby... they will make so much fun of me later.
" Woohyun. Look at me." Sunggyu softly presses my hand and keeps talking even though I cant look at him. " Everything will be fine. Me and Sungyeol. You don't have to be afraid, ok?"
" There is so much blood on you."
" You've seen me worse.", he tries to wink at me but the groans when Hoya presses a cloth on his wound. " Son of a..."
" You keep repeating yourself. Woohyun. Press this in the wound." Hoya gets up from the ground. " Suga! Get Jin! We need the car!"
" Jins out of it! That guy pulled a shovel over his head.", Suga looks so lost in the middle of the living room. " I don't know how this could happen... how could he surpass the security..."

I keep the cloth pressed on the wound. " Is this okay...?"

" Yeah..." he smiles but the sweat on his forehead shows me different.

" Gyu..." I press my teeth together until it hurts.

" I'm fine."

" You're not... please be okay. Please be..."

He can only smile sadly at me.

 

 

OOO

 

 

Sungmin took a seat next to me on the uncomfortable couch outside the surgery room.

He doesn't talk to me.

I don't think he is in that much of a trauma... I think he just wants to keep me company. I saw myself in the mirror a bit earlier. I look like the walking dead...

Not funny.

I lean back into the couch, the white wall the only thing I want to see now. Just not looking at Myungsoo who walks up and down in front of the door.

Or Hoya...

Does he know there is some of Sunggyus blood on his shirt?

I can't look...

" Once I sat like this in the hospital."

" When?" he asks after a moment of silence.

" That idiot of a boyfriend I have.", there is still some blood under my nails. " One night I was at home and waited for him... like I often do. But when I finally got a call it wasn't him to tell me he is on his way. It was Dongwoo, telling me I have to come to the hospital as soon as possible."

I try to get rid of it but give up a second later.

It is not like I care either way.

" I got there... I still don't know how... and I waited just like this for hours and hours..."

" He made it."

" Yeah... barely. But I guess I haven't been the same since then."

I see a nurse behind the door and straighten myself but she disappears again.

Still nothing.

Sungmins hand on my shoulder.

It is not comforting me.

That day, when Dongwoo did the same it was.

But that time... I had something to look forward to. I was hoping for him to come out alive and alright and right now... I'm doing the same... so much... and I know he can do it like Sungyeol can... I hope and I pray for them.

But I...

Will I be able to stay?

" Sungmin?"

" Yes?"

" Do  you feel it, too?"

" What?"

" That feeling... that it is getting worse minute by minute?"

He averts my gaze and I know he does.

A sad smile around my lips. " Feels like we might get pushed over sooner than later."

" Seems like it..."

Crying is easy lately.

It just comes over me but I hope they won't judge me too hard and understand why I have to.

I feel like that pressure inside of me will crush me soon.

" Let's go, Woohyun." Sungmin says all of sudden.

I pause, looking at him in confusion with teary eyes." What do you mean?"

" Sitting around like this won't help at all."

" But..."

" They will be fine with or without you." Sungmin takes my hand and pulls me up. " Let's do something. Time to use that new walking skill of mine."