Chapter 6

Dear Diary...

Chapter 6

 

Sunggyu

 

Woohyun found me on a day I felt like I wasn't able to find my way back to myself anymore. I was exhausted - my body physically ill all the time because my mental state was that of someone who couldn't cope with life anymore... a daily thing those lonely years before him.

There's no other calculation of time.

It's before Woohyun came, and after Woohyun came.

Before him, it was dark and dull and I couldn't even tell those who worried what the thing was that made me so vulnerable and depressed.

I'm not one of those children that were left alone when they grew up. My parents were and are always there for me, not forcing me to do things I don't want to. I like where I am and I'm good in doing it.

It came over you and you just got used to it, Dongwoo always said and I think he was right. Maybe I wanted it to become a normal thing in my life, because those things that become a common company are the ones that scare us the least.

And the world moved on and it seemed like it forgot about the tiny little being called Sunggyu.

But I was able to get through and I thank a God I don't believe in everyday, that Woohyun found his way to me.... even though it wasn't half as breathtaking as it might sound. He literally stumbled into me in a bar, totally wasted.

From then on, after Woohyun came started.

And even though after Woohyun came sounds as if he already went away again, it's not like that.

The happiest time of my life began and until today I cling to him as if he is my anchor, because he is.

And I want to be the same for him, not less, and so much more.

 

OOO

 

I'm not nervous that often.

In times when Woohyun already brakes out into hysterical fits it causes only a weary yawn of me.

I'm surprised that I can't seem to find sleep tonight. I toss and turn around but nothing seems to be comfortable enough.

I turn over to my watch my boyfriend. Some time this night Woohyun finally fell asleep.  I send my men out to look for the Cho guys, and when they came back and announced that they couldn't find anyone out there he finally allowed himself to calm down.

Nevertheless I took me a long time to get him at least close to sleeping

I reach out for him and softly caress his dark hair.

I never wanted to pull him into all of this... but I love him too much to not to be the egoistic bastard I am and keep him by my side.

I carefully get up so I won't disturb his peaceful sleep. He stirs when I tenderly tug him in and after I kiss his forehead I leave the room and make my way to the kitchen.

" Sunggyu." Hoyas hushed voice stops me in my tracks.

He closes the door to his room and joins me at the floor.

" Is Woohyun asleep?"

" Yes. Finally. He was still nervous, even though I told him a hundred times that my men didn't find anyone outside."

" Did you talk to your father?"

I lean against the wall and cross my arms in front of my chest. " I already talked to him the day we came back from Busan. He took the matter serious but he told me not to worry since he always had a good relationship to Kyuhyuns mother."

Hoya furrows his brow when my face darkens. " You don't look that convinced."

"That was before we realized that Kyuhyuns mother died about half a year ago and he since then has taken over the company."

"Which means..."

" Everything is in his hands."

"Oh..."

"Yes."

I can't help but to bite down on my lips. Woohyun hates this habit of mine. He says sometimes he can still taste the blood in my mouth when he kisses me. I told him not to tell me those disgusting stories but he insists to tell me.

" And I have to keep this hidden from Woohyun, no matter what. You know what he'd do if he knew about this."

" He'd be afraid your business would go down the drain and sacrifice himself."

" He's such an idiot.", my gaze wanders to nowhere. "Father wasn't even surprised when I told him about today. Just like his mother was the only thing he told me."

"What did he suggest?"

" Talk to them, Sunggyu. We can't risk to loose their support, Sunggyu. They might overrun us, Sunggyu. What the hell is he thinking? There's no way they will ever surpass us."

Hoya doesn't look convinced.

I scoff at him. " Don't give me that look. We already negotiate with the Lees from Daegu."

" You can't compare them to the Chos."

"They got more international connections."

"But..."

"Goddamn, Hoya!", I snap at him. " Do you really want to piss me off?!"

He lifts his hands in defence when I glare. " No need to loose your temper. Someone has to stay rational since you've never been like that when it's about Woohyun."

"Who wouldn't..." I mumble and leave him without another word.

"Sunggyu!"

"What?!"

He follows me into the kitchen. " Let's relax for a bit. You're a little tense again."

"I'm not TENSE!"     

"Sure...", he answers dryly. " I really can't explain to myself how Woohyun copes with you."

"You also do."

"I get paid for it."

I strike out and he hastily jumps out of my reach.  "Okay, okay. I stop. No need to kill me."

I fill a cup with water. " Don't give him the wrong ideas."

" Already told him."

"And?"

"He told me to shut the up."

"That's my boy." I answer satisfied, empty my cup and put it in the sink. " I go back to my room."

" Try to sleep."

" You, too."

"Nah. Need to relax a bit more. Some friends meet in the basement."

" Don't overdo it."

"Sure, boss."

 

OOO

 

 

Woohyun is just a black scheme in front of the curtain when I enter the room.

"What are you doing?" I ask when I slowly close the door behind me.

He waves me aside without turning around. " I'm looking outside."

"I can see that. But that brings me to my next question: Why are you looking out?"

"Snipers."

"Snipers?"

"Snipers."

"Snipers..."

He keeps peering through the curtain crack. " I had a this crazy dream. Someone shot you through the window."

"Woohyun...", I approach him and settle into a back hug, my chin on his shoulder. " You underestimate our safety measures."

" I know."

"Look.", I open the curtain a bit more and feel how he tenses under my touch. " Over there. At the building. Can you see the two figures walking up and down?"

" Yes..."

" We positioned them there. Just like on every building in the closer radius. Plus the men that patrol through the streets."

"I see..." he hangs his head, his dark strands of hair covering his eyes.

" Don't be scared, baby."

" They literally shot half of your head away... in my dream."

"As you say. In your dream."

He turns over in my embrace, his gaze still directed to the ground.

His cold hands find their way under my shirt, the cold touch on my back something I got used to over the past.

This has nothing to do with his desire to get intimate.

His fingers find their way without even hesitating for a moment, experienced through the many times of touching the huge scar on my back.

" Never again."

I keep quiet, even though I want to answer him.

"Never again let me rush to the hospital in the middle of the night."

I want to tell him I promise. But it's not in my hands and every oath I would tell him would just be pretty words. I'm only human. And if someone tries to shot me I won't be able to block.

I tenderly pull his head closer until his forehead rests on my shoulder. "What can I do to make you feel better?"

" Just let me stay like this for a while."

For him, staying like this for a while means the whole night, so I don't hesitate long and lead him over to the bed without loosening my embrace.

"There. Now try to sleep."

I lay him down and he captures my lips in a kiss when I bend over him for a moment. He always manages to let me forget about the world around me when his lips touch mine in those soft movements, his hands finding their way around my neck and pulling me down to lie on him.

" Woohyun..." I manage to gasp between to kisses but his hands on my skin don't help me to concentrate at all.

" So beautiful...", he pauses, his gaze lovingly grazing my features. " You're the most beautiful thing ever."

"Yah...", I tenderly flip his nose. " I thought you want to me. Now you became Prince Cheesy?"

"Way to ruin the moment.", he smiles and pulls me in for another kiss. " I forgive you. But only because I like you."

" We both know you not only like me."

"Maybe a tiny bit of love."

"A tiny bit."

" Changes from time to time."

I gasp in faked outrage and he chuckles.

My favourite thing. Without it he's only half Woohyun. My insides feel warm all of sudden when I notice how his tenseness slowly vanishes.

He pauses when I literally get lost in his eyes.

" Where are you right now?" he asks quietly into the darkness of the room.

" Trying to cope with the fact I can be with you." I answer, as quietly as him.

And silence encircles us but it's alright because no word could describe how much I feel for him.

Scary...

"Love you, idiot."

My first words after a while.

" Idiot..." he mumbles but he doesn't mean it and I lie down carefully, my head hidden in the crook of the person who is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Where I can enjoy being the one that gets embraced.

Where I can be weak and in need of love...

 

 

 

How I wished I had never met him...