Chapter 19

Dear Diary...

Dongwoo

 

The next morning everyone gathers around the table for breakfast and in Dongwoos opinion all of them look rather rested.

Only Sunggyu continues his slumber on Woohyuns shoulder while the letter tries to eat a bowl of cornflakes. His stomach still seems to give him problems but Dongwoo can see how hard he tries to keep the food inside and so he doesn't try to force him more.

Sungjong once again seems to be deep in thoughts, staring at the mobile in his hands. He needs their mother. But Sunggyu gave orders not to tell anyone about their whereabouts, including their parents and Dongwoo can only imagine how shocked Sunggyus mother must have been... coming home, the funeral cancelled, the boys gone.

And their father...

Dongwoo takes a seat next to Hoya, his gaze on the sleeping leader. Sunggyu told no one why he wrote down his fathers name on the whiteboard and no one dares to ask. Not even Woohyun, but Dongwoo guesses the black haired guy  that sometimes is too sensitive keeps thinking about it a lot.

" Is something the matter?"

Woohyuns question pulls him out of his thoughts.

Dongwoo smiles and shakes his head. " Nothing. Just thinking. How are both of you feeling this morning?"

His question also goes out to Sungmin but the blond just shrugs. He still hasn't talked a lot. Woohyun wipes away a milk drop from his chin and Sunggyu curses slightly in his sleep. " I had this strange dream again... two times in a row now."

" Strange dream?" Hoya asks between two pieces of paincakes.

Dongwoo made them first thing in the morning.

" Really strange thing. I'm going to this club with Sungmin."

Dongwoo notices a motion in Sungmins features.

" We're inside, drinking some shots. We're having fun. It's a nice club. Looks like one of those fancy ones out of a drama, dark red curtains and everything. And then I want to dance but he tells me to off and points at his wheelchair."

" Wow, Woohyun.", Sungyeol gives him the look. " Subtle even in your dreams."

" It just came over me.", He takes a sip of the water in front of him. " And then that guy comes over--"

" - and tells us to come with  him into the VIP area."

Silence...

...and all eyes are on Sungmin.

As if he notices the uncomfortable atmosphere Sunggyu slowly opens his eyes. " What's wrong?"

 

 

OOO

 

 

 

" So... once again.", everyone follows Sunggyu with their gazes when he paces through the living room. " Both of you are having the same dream about going to a club, Sungmin still in a wheelchair. You're both drinking and then Woohyun wants to dance?"

Woohyun and Sungmin nod in unison, sharing a disbelieving gaze.

" Then this man comes to us. He tells us the owner of the shop knows Sungmin and would like to invite us to the VIP area. But then...", Woohyun looks at Sunggyu, as if he could solve the confusion in his head. "... everything is gone."

Sunggyu massages his temple. " Any other day I would tell you this is ridiculous but since I know now that there are things out there I can't explain I think there might be some clue for us hidden in that dream."

" Sungmin? Is there something more you can tell us.", Dongwoo asks. " The club must be familiar to you so you might know more."

The blonde slowly shakes his head. " I'm... sorry... I visited a lot of clubs. Maybe I have been there before but... I'm not sure... but--" he stops midsentence and bites his lips.

Everyone in the room knows what thought came up in his mind and no one tries to push him.

"... but Kyuhyun might know."

Everyone.

Beside Kim Sunggyu.

Dongwoo knows he is done with everything.

Done with doing it the peaceful way.

So its no wonder that he gets out his phone and rather bluntly throws it at Sungmin. " Put his number in."

 

 

OOO

 

Sunggyu

 

 

I literally don't give a anymore.

Sungmin sitting around 24 hours a day, face like he is going to cry any second but he doesn't.

If he just did... Then maybe he could come up with some clues to help us out of this that he is also in.

I mean... did he give up already just because that bastard of Cho is giving him the cold shoulder?

It's...

I can understand. I really can.

But...

This is also Woohyuns life... they are depended on each other and Sungmin doesn't seem to care about something as important as Woohyuns life...

Or his life.

No way I will let them go through with this.

It is already late afternoon when Cho finally answers his phone. I might have called about a million times, locked away in my bedroom.

" What?" he snarls into the phone.

His voice sounds like he just got up after drinking too much.

" Listen, bastard."

Silence on the other end.

" Don't have the balls to answer?"

" Who's there?"

" Kim Sunggyu who is going to kick your in if you just think about ending this call. Because right now I'm more than pissed and I will be in Busan in no time and you will wish you had just talked to me."

It sounds like he is still in bed.

The rustling of sheets.

Must be pitying himself instead of helping out.

" What do you want?"

" I want you to come here and talk things out with your guy because if you don't stop him from being the most depressed little ever I don't know what I will do to him."

He scoffs. " That thing again?"

" Did you just scoff at me you little..."

" Listen, Kim. I'm not sure if you're drunk or took something. You should stop with it. It's not doing you any good. And now get the out of the line."

" You know, he can walk again." I say, as calm as possible.

" I told yo--"

" Right now he's somewhere around the house with Woohyun. Maybe doing some kind of deep emotional ty conversation because the one that should be by his side right now is not here and prefers drinking his brain away.", I tighten my grip around the phone. " You saw the same thing as me and now that I see how you act I'm one million times more glad that I decided to trust my eyes even though I saw something so... so unbelievable. But... right now I can be with the person I love and I can at least try to fight for him. This moment I detest you so much that I want to put a bullet through your head but I need you for this. Because Woohyun and Sungmin can only live if you get over it."

He doesn't answer and I decide I have said enough.

" I'm in Sangju. Text me when you decided."

And with that I hang up.

 

A minute later, a text message.

 

" I'll come. Tell me where you are."

 

 

OOO

 

 

My anger disappears.

Not as fast as it came over me but I can feel how the tension slowly leaves my body.

It is not a bad feeling.

I was surprised that there is still so much of anger in me, that kind of anger I sometimes felt all those years before. It almost feels like home after those long hours of fear and sadness.

He will come.

There is still hope for Woohyun...

I slowly leave the room. For once, there is no need to hurry.

I make my way downstairs. They must be getting worried. I left them without a long explanation and didn't even let Woohyun inside the room when he knocked.

Must be the reason I feel so jittery...

I find the one I am looking for in the living room, sitting next to Sungmin on the couch.

I stop in the doorway.

They didn't notice me.

" Last night I couldn't sleep well.", Sungmin says. " For the first time I realized that I can feel my legs again."

A warm smile on Woohyuns face and my heart skips a beat.

Like always...

So beautiful...

" How long has it been again?"

" Years... too long. You know... when that bullet hit my backbone the doctors thought I wouldn't make it. I was in a coma for around a month and when I woke up...", his voice breaks but he keeps talking after a moment. " After that Kyuhyun changed. He became distant... but still gave me everything I wished for. And more. Like he couldn't look into my eyes but still tried to make up for the loss of my legs."

" Why did you ask for me that night in Busan?"

I prick up my ears.

" Because I liked you. And that moment in Busan you looked just like I did in the mirror. I wanted you to be happy. I thought for that I needed you to be separated from Sunggyu."

Did he see something in Woohyuns face I didn't?"

I never noticed...

I'm sorry...

" I think you misunderstood that time, Sungmin.",  Woohyuns voice in the silence like a warmness that touches me. " There is no place I could be happier."

Sungmins slow breaths.

" I know now, Woohyun. I'm sorry I didn't realized earlier."

And with that everything seems to be fine again.

Sungmin gives off a silent curse when Woohyun ruffles his hair and breaks the emotional impregnated atmosphere.

" I forgot all about last week but I think we grew quiet close. I feel... comfortable around you."

I know they did.

I still have the messages he sent to me throughout that week.

They must have become good friends.

But why didn't he tell me about everything they did together? That club... if he really went there wasn't it important enough to tell me about?

I decide I listened to them long enough.

With a short cough I get there attention.

Woohyuns face lights up when he sees me and I try to master the best smile I can.

" Let's do something fun for once. We didn't for a while."

I won't tell them he is coming. They will see soon enough.

 

 

 

OOO

 

 

Woohyun

 

 

I think Sunggyu expected us to do some other fun things.

Like... watching a war documentary or discussing Marxism.

His eyebrow twitches when I pull out Taboo but he doesn't say anything and I know for sure that the others are totally in.

So, after 30 minutes of gathering everyone and making teams consisting of two we end up  in the living room.

It became dark outside.

"A....a..... rhino!"

" Goddamn Dongwoo", Sungyeol curses and throws the card on the ground. " I'm a fisherman! A ing fisherman!"

"Zero points." Sungjong giggles and writes down their result.

" I don't want to play with this guy anymore!" Sungyeol whines while Dongwoo only laughs unfazed. " It's just a game."

" A game Myungsoo is winning and I can't live with this shame!"

Said boy only raises his eyebrow.

Hoya and him together in one team have always been good in playing games.

It feels so nice, like the good old times when none of those life threatening things came to our home uninvited.

I snuggle closer to Sunggyu.

" Don't do that.", he says. " You're the enemy."

I show him my tongue. " It's your turn anyway."

He gets up with a deep sigh, walking to the place in front of the window where Sungyeol still curses on everyone in Dongwoos family tree.

" Yah, shut up and get lost, loser. It's my turn."

" I demand another partner!"

" Maybe you're just as bad as Dongwoo in it."

" Hyung!" Sungyeol is outraged and Sunggyus eyes turn into the crescents I love so much when he gives off a genuine laugh. My non beating heart seems to swell in my chest.

" Maybe Myungsoo will give you a few points if you ask nicely."

He searches for my gaze and winks at me and once again I know that this is right where I should be.

" Hyung..."

 I just wanted to mouth something to Sunggyu but then...

I can't hear anymore what Sungyeol answers.

Actually I don't hear a lot anymore.

Maybe Sungjongs scream next to me, but he is doing that a lot.

I'm confused about other things.

Like...

How easily the bullet destroys the window and pierces through Sungguys shoulder.

A second ago his shirt was so white...

There...

Another one through  his stomach.

Should he fall that slowly?

No... after you got shot two times you should be at the ground.

The world... seems to stop...

The more when Sungyeol goes to the, ground a bullet in his back.

And Sunggyu...

He looks at me.

Did he find my face in all this confusion?

Did he see me?

 

" No. I won't let you go. No matter what you'll tell me. I don't get what's going on... I might will never. Even though everything inside of me is screaming at me not to believe my eyes. If you need to get out I will tell my men. They will find and bring him. But I won't let you leave my side. Not again."

 

Why didn't he look after himself better... after everyone else...

Then he falls.

When his body is on the ground finally everything speeds up again and my own cry leaves my mouth when Dongwoo pulls me behind the couch into safety.