Chapter 4

Dear Diary...

 

Chapter 4

 

 

Myungsoo

 

At first, he didn't like how Sunggyu looked at Woohyun.

That much affection could only weaken him were Myungsoos thoughts at that time. And to be honest: He had had enough of weak people.

That was then.

Now he realized that it only made Sunggyu stronger. His urge to protect Woohyun made everything around them safer than it already was. Which meant Sungyeol is also safe. The wish Myungsoo always has inside his head due to reasons but that is a story for another time.

He grew to support them when he just wanted to do his job.

He grew to love them as his brothers and he is not going to stop.

He slowly gets up when Woohyun reaches Sunggyu and hides in his embrace.

" Woohyun?" Sunggyu quietly says, confusion written all over his face. When his boyfriend doesn't answer he lifts his head and locks gazes with Myungsoo

" Would someone mind telling me what's going on?"  While he's talking his arms find their way around Woohyuns frame. Myungsoo gives Sungyeol a soft nudge. He shakes his head slightly and looks to the ground, his hair covering his eyes.

It grew too long. The black haired guy reaches out and push a few strands aside.

" Sungyeol?" He never likes to push him but Sunggyus not the person with the most patience.

"Well...", he plays with the hem of his shirt. " That guy appeared."

"What guy?"

" That guy."

" Sungyeol! Please! Stop talking in riddles and tel--", he pauses, realization noticeable in his eyes. " You mean... that guy?"

Sungyeol slowly nods.

He tenses.

" I'm sorry, Guy...", Woohyuns quiet voice. " I'm so sorry..."

 

OOO

 

 

Woohyun

 

" Sunggyu! Look!"

I want to run over to another food stall  but his firm grip on my hand keeps me from it.

" What did I tell you about running around like a five year old?", he says, unfazed from my pouting but nevertheless leads me over to the stall.

" See? We arrived either way."

" Gyu... don't you feel  it?"

"What?"

" That overwhelming urge to see everything?! I need eight eyes to be able to look at everything and I want eight arms to touch everything and... I just feel so happy! Look! Over there!"

He chuckles quietly and follows me over to the next store.

" You want to have it?" he leans against the wall next to me, his hands casually put into the pockets of his trousers.

I look up from the bracelets and shake my head. " No. I already have one." I lift my arm so he can see the bracelet he gave me for my last birthday. It's simple, just the way I like it.

He reaches out for my lifted hand and intertwines our fingers before he presses a soft kiss to my wrist. " You wear it all the time?"

"Always."

" I'm glad..."

I slightly blush due to his soft spoken words and don't struggle when he pulls me further.

It is around half an hour later when I'm thinking about destroying my gym successes through some honey balls and realize something is missing. Or more like someone.

Someone really important is missing.

" Sunggyu?" I stop in my tracks. Passing people bump into me.

My gaze slowly wanders over the area but he can be seen no where. I'm sure he was there a second ago... I pull out my mobile when someone talks to me from my side.

"Hey."

I eye him suspiciously.

Something about his appearance makes me nervous and Sunggyu told me to always believe in my gut feelings.

"Where are you going, handsome?"

"Nowhere. I'm standing." I answer as impolite as possible.

I don't want to talk to him. When he opens his mouth shiver runs down my spine... not in a positive way.

He looks directly into my eyes, a talent which I've admired since forever. I always have to look away, even if it's just for a second when I talk to someone. Not because I'm impolite. Only because it doesn't work. Looking someone in the eyes is such an intimate thing... and you can't lie.

He leans forward ."Want me to accompany you?"

" Sorry. My boyfriend is waiting for me."

That's when my mobile rings.

Sunggyu.

I turn away from the stranger.

"Where are you?" he asks before I can say anything.

"Still at the kimbap place. You disappeared all of sudden."

" I'll be there in a minute.."

" Hurry up. Or things will get bloody.."

"Why?" he starts walking.

" That guy tries to hit on me."

He gasps and the line is dead. He'll be there in a minute.

" Problems in paradise?"

I push my mobile into my pocket and turn back to him, arms crossed in front of my chest. " No. Everything's perfectly fine. So find someone else to hit on."

" Why so serious, pretty boy?" he dares to reach out for me and  only stops when I narrow my eyes.

I feel my eyebrow twitching. " Pretty... boy?"

"Ehm... yes?"

"Pretty...boy?" I feel my gaze darken.

" Hmm." He pulls his hand back, not that confident anymore.

I clench my teeth. " I swear to you... you better hurry up and disappear or else this pretty boy will kick your not so pretty !"

" You already checked it out?"

"YOU SON OF A--"

"Woohyun!"

I pause when I hear Sunggyu calling out to me.

He  appears next to me a second later, slightly out of breath.

"Sorry. I got distrac--" He pauses for a second and I take it as my chance to escape the uncomfortable conversational partner. " Let's go, Sunggyu."

"Kim Sunggyu."

I already turned away and reached out for his hand when he suddenly freezes.

There it is. That change in his attitude.  But it only happens when he is doing business. It's not like he has to right now so why does he act like it?

It doesn't feel right and when I try to reach out for his hand he does something that never happened before. He pulls his hand away and leaves me standing there, my mouth agape in surprise. I want to ask him but he already took a step closer to the man.

"What are you doing here?"

" Enjoying the evening." The guy seems to have found his confidence again. He spreads his arms as if he owned the place.

"It's a beautiful night and after a hard day of work it's only natural for me to relax a bit. Preferably with the pretty boy over there but...", his grin turns into an evil smirk. " I didn't know you were his boyfriend."

" I'm not."

I nearly choke on my own breath.

What the...

" His my subordinate. And I'd prefer if you'd not talk to them... Woo Jiho, was it?"

Woo Jiho?

The prosecutor?

I try to come closer but Sunggyu gets  in my way subtly. " Did you call the others, Woohyun?"

"The others?"

" Yes. Like I told you before?" He turns to me for a second, looking straight into my eyes as if he wants to tell me something.  I don't know what he's up to but I'm so going to kick his later on.

" Isn't this some kind of great coincidence? We could finish the talk we weren't able to have last time." Woo Jiho asks, gaining our attention back.

Sunggyu turns back to him. I can't see his face but his voice tells me everything I need to know. " I already told you there's nothing to talk about."

"The government has a different opinion about that topic.", he gets closer, his voice getting quiet. " They know about your illegal arms trade."

Illegal arms trade?

I try to control my confusion but it seems like he saw how my eyes widened just for a second. He moves past Sunggyu. " You're sure about him being your subordinate? It seems like he doesn't really know anything. Not that he needs to. Looking that pretty is already enough.."

" Leave him alone." Sunggyu presses through gritted teeth, hardly able to suppress his anger.

" It's not like his boyfriend turned up."

" We're leaving, Woohyun."

I'm only able to nod, still confused when Jihos hand holds my wrist out of the blue.

I'm not even able to process everything before Sunggyu grabs his collar. He is slightly taller and I have the feeling that at the moment Jihos feet don't touch the ground anymore.

" Leave. Him. Alone." are the only words that leave Sunggyus mouth before he releases him and the guy falls to the ground.

He stays there, a painful expression on his face. " So much for being your subordinate."

" Woohyun. We're leaving."

" Do you really think you can hide yourself?"

"Sunggyu..." I pause and he softly pushes me further.

"Just go."

" You can't protect him!"

I pause again.  

" I told you to go Woohyun!"

And I would because his voice already gets dangerously low, but that moment another commotion attracts  my attention.

" MYUNGSOO!"

" I'm right behind you!"

That's when my two friends burst through the crowd of people, totally out of breath and only a few steps after them a few guys in black clothing.

" Got you!"

" Got no one!"

And all of sudden there a at least five pistols drawn and somehow Sunggyu and me got into the middle of it.

Holy ... I should have stayed at home...