Chapter 21

Dear Diary...

Woohyun

 

I underestimated them.

How could I believe they would let me out of their sight so easily.

" Woohyun? We are you going?"

Hoyas voice.

He doesn't even try to be quiet in the hospital when he sees me closer to the elevator than he wants me to be.

" Come." Sungmin says, without a second of thinking.

He pushes me inside the elevator and presses the button before Hoya can reach us.

" Shouldn't we wait for him?" I ask, unsure how to handle the situation.

Sungmin seems to be back to his stoic self, the one he showed me while talking to Donghae for the first time. I am still not too sure if I like it.

" They got shot down like babies earlier. One after another. So easily."

I swallow hard, trying to get rid of the pictures in my head. My gaze is focused on the numbers of the elevator but my thoughts linger at Sunggyu for a second.

Please be okay.... please...

" We're already dead. Let's try to keep them save at least a little.", he reaches into his pocket only to reveal a revolver.

" Where did you..." I ask with wide eyes.

" Took it when they didn't pay attention to me.", he looks into the magazine, like a professional that has done it more than once.

I stare at him in disbelief. He just shrugs. " It's not like Kyuhyun kept me away from everything."

" Like Sunggyu did..."

" Not a bad thing to do. It was actually really nice of him. Keeping you away from all of this. He really loves you."

I want to answer but we arrive at the first floor. He takes my hand again and pulls me to the exit. For a second I had hoped Hoya or someone would be fast enough to get us but it is too far by foot.

" Lets get that car over there."

" Don't tell me you know how to hot- wire a car..."

" Kyu-"

" I get it. I get it."

" He felt like showing me. For times he can't be by my side or so he said... that was before the accident with my legs and... yeah..."

" You know... when you say it like that it doesn't seem Sunggyu is the only one in love."

His gaze meets mine for a second, his eyes inscrutable and until we are in the car and left the parking lot he doesn't talk to me anymore.

It is not a silence I hate. There are a lot of thoughts in my head I need to sort out.

I think my words moved something deep inside of Sungmin.

 Sometimes I wished he was different.

Sunggyu is always strong, sometimes his facade breaks just a tiny bit but his strength never leaves. Totally predictable at least most of the times.

Sungmin is either deeply depressed or acting too strong... no chance for me to really get a clue of what he is feeling because one way he doesn't really feel anything anymore and when he is acting strong he would never tell me.

He drives through the dark back to the house, the light of the street lamps the only change in the atmosphere.

I lean my head against the head rest, looking at him sideways.

Light, dark, light, dark...

" I think he is just scared, Sungmin."

He knows who I'm talking about.

" Sunggyu wasn't."

" He is.", the so familiar pain in my chest. " Just... in a different way."

" Don't try to justify the things Kyuhyun did. He abandoned me when I needed him the most."

" Sungmin..."

" No.", he presses through gritted teeth. " Your boyfriend lies in hospital with two bullet wounds because he didn't want to leave your side. Mine didn't even call me. He didn't listen."

He clutches the steering wheel and I decide it is enough for now.

In the end I might just try to save myself from my own thoughts and fears.

 

 

OOO

 

Sunggyu

 

 

" Sunggyu! Yah! Kim Sunggyu!"

I feel too tired to answer the voice but someone keeps poking my side and will only stop when I finally give in... or so I guess.

" off..." I slowly open my eyes.

It is Sungjong I see first.

" Thank god.", his face turns from a scowl into a bright smile. " There you are."

" Couldn't have woken me up a bit gentler."

I try to lift my upper body. It hurts like a but still less then expected.

" I was worried..." he blows up his cheeks and turns away, quietly mumbling curses.

" Yo, leader.", Sungyeol waves at me from the other side of the room, a bag of skittles in his hands. " I won. Woke up before you."

" Sungyeol... don't move too much." Myungsoo tries to calm him down, to no avail.

" What did the doctor say?" I ask.

My throat is too dry. I cough.

" You'll be fine. No internal damage. They patched you back together and after a bit of resting you'll be as good as new." Sungjong says, not as pissed off as he acted before. He takes my hand in his for a second and I allow the rare skin contact between us. I know he must have been worried a lot.

" You should sleep a bit more, brother."

" Where is Woohyun?"

An easy question but the way Sungjong shrinks shows me I might won't like the answer.

" Sungjong..."

" He... is fine.. I guess."

" You guess?" my pulse becomes faster, I feel the familiar fear in my stomach. My gaze wanders around the room. " Where are Hoya and Dongwoo?"

" Hyung..."

" Where.Are.They?!"

He swallows heavily.

" Sungmin and Woohyun stole a car. Hoya thinks they went back to our house so he and Dongwoo followed them."

I sink back into the pillow, my head so empty all of sudden.

Woohyun...

Do you want this so badly?

How much do you really want to things up?

OOO

 

Woohyun

 

It still hurts a lot.

The guy that kicks into my stomach knows just right what he is doing.

I have never seen him before.

Or did I?

Maybe you just can't recognize the face of the person that tries to beat you to death.
 

            I should tell him it won't work.

 

But he already pushes me into the wall.

My head hits the hard wood and I fall to the ground without any resistance.

First my knees hit the ground, then the rest of my body.

Maybe the blood that flows out of my head wound confuses him. 

 

            It looks so normal...

 

My hand slowly wanders to my forehead. I touch the warm liquid, stare at my red fingers in disbelief until a smile plays on my lips.

I love it.

 

            So... normal.

 

How could he escape them again?

Suga said they had him... Jimin didn't let him out of his eyes.

Still he managed to escape his small prison. M

He must be good... Maybe that is why whoever it was send him to us.

Thank god he has no deadly weapons left... and not a lot of strength left.

Sadly it is enough to knock Suga out with a chair.

I think I can see Jimins black hair behind the couch. Like me his head met the wall. He wasn't as lucky as me. Or am I the unlucky one, not being able to welcome unconsciousness?

He is back at Sungmins side.

The pistol didn't help him at all. He should have practised more when he had the time. Now it lies in the corner of the room, empty magazine, the bullets somewhere scattered around the room, not where they should.

My friend tries to move away but the man takes him by the neck, pulls him up from the ground until his feet are in the air.

I can't do anything...

But...

Can he even do anything to Sungmin?

I can't worry anymore.

My thoughts... so slow...

What will he do...

What will happen...

           

            Let go...

 

No.

I don't want to.

Sungmin doesn't want to.

Not yet.

" Let go!!"

 

            No.

Wait...

It is not... a voice in my head...

An ear deafening sound and Sungmin falls to the ground, followed by the man. 

Brown hair... tall... someone crouches down next to Sungmin, touches his face.

I don't trust my eyes anymore but they aren't lying to me.

He is there, whispering to Sungmin on the ground, caressing his face in the soft and loving way I always wished for Sungmin to receive.

He deserves it.

I close my eyes for a second. My lids are so heavy.

" Woohyun..."

A soft voice talks to me, tenderly touches my hair.

" Dongwoo..."

" Yes. I'm here."

" We just... wanted to talk to him." I cough and spit out the blood that gathered in my mouth. I must have bitten my tongue.

" I know.", Strong arms turn me around and lift up my upper body. " It's okay. We will go back to the hospital now. All of us together. It was stupid to split up."

" Suga... Jimin..."

" They will be fine."

I find myself on someones back.

I think it is Hoya.

 

            He has that nice perfume.

 

I want to sleep but I can't.

Not even when they put me into the back of a car, my legs bend and my head on a lap. Dongwoos?

" Sung...gyu?"

" He is fine. Like Sungyeol.", another cold hand caresses my cheek. " And he will be so pissed when he sees you."

I smile, still not fully grasping everything. " That's good. That means he is okay."

Did the car move?

I'm not sure.

It feels like five seconds later when I get carried out of the car again, back inside the hospital.

" Woohyun. The doctor will check you for a second."

I don't care.

Not at all.

I'm tired.

I want to go to Sunggyu. It was so stupid to leave him.

           

            So so stupid.

 

I will never learn.

" Gyu..."

" When the doctor checked you, okay?"

" Hmm..."

I try to get ready...

.... but then it's already over.

I'm in a wheelchair... or so I think.

Whispering voices behind me.

I still don't care.

I want to see Sunggyu.

Another door, voices die, a frightened gasp.

" Woohyun!"

Finally.

I manage to open my eyes. A big hospital room, the neon lights blind me.

" He is okay. They checked everything. The doctor will be scared for life because there was no heartbeat but I threatened him enough to make him shut up for all eternity."

" Gyu..."

I try to get out of my wheelchair but a hand keeps me back.

" Bring him to me."

Sunggyus voice.

No better sound in this world.

Someone helps me out of the wheelchair.

They softly push me on a bed, under a blanket, next to a warm body.

Sunggyus body.

My mind is so fuzzy, and finally I notice the pain in my body.

I can't fully grasp even one single thought. They just... disappear when I try to reach them.

Let them go.

I'm so tired...

But I feel Sunggyus body.

Close, where it should be.

My last strength...I use to clutch his shirt in front of his chest.

On centimetre closer to his scent...

I inhale it happily.

So happy that he is still there.

" Sleep."

His soft whisper close to my ear, only for me.

And I can't fight it anymore.