Chapter 7

Dear Diary...

 

Chapter 7

Hoya

 

            Lee Howon.

Prefers  being  called Hoya due to his stupid idea of Howon being too plushy  which is totally wrong. Myungsoo told him in one of his silent off modes but it never really reached his ears. Or it went in only to come out right again.

No one will ever know.

            Lee Howon.

Rather stoic in front of others.

Rather talkative with his friends - sometimes too much for Sunggyus liking and it's not unusual for their nights out together to end in a fight.

            Lee Howon.

Not even funny when he drinks.

And it's not like he dislikes his peace of mind. He's always been like that. Talking when it's needed. Only talking to people he likes (which should be the way everyone should do it because he hates false friendliness) and the king of nagging if he wants to.

That's when Sungjong joins the game. And he not only joins it. He jumps in like the tornado he is and day by day destroys Hoyas beloved peace.

Not that the latter would mind. He actually quiet likes to get that much attention from the younger.

Not that Sunggyu knows.

Not that he will ever know...

"Let's go outside." Sungjong said after they drank some bottles of beer with a few of Sunggyus men.

"Let's not." Hoya answered.

Outside is, where they landed.

As expected.

"Oahhhh " Sungjong exclaims while he throws his arms in die air, the result of one bottle of beer too much.

"Let's go back inside.", Hoyas eyes wander the street up and down, looking for any suspicious person. "Please.." he whines only to earn a scoff.

" They vanished. Didn't you listen?"

"We still have to be ca-- Sungjong! Wait!"

Said boy doesn't even listen to Hoyas bickering and leaves the building without giving him a second glance.

" Only a few steps around the corner. I want to try something out." Sungjong tells him.

And Hoya freezes. Sungjong and trying out things. Nothing he wants to experience again.

"Sungjong!"

" You're no fun!" Sungjong says and laughs.

The end for Hoya.

Sungjongs laughter.

Knockout in the second round.

He never complains, though. Melting into a greasy puddle of mud, what a nice way to die.

"Wait for me!"

"Hurry up!"

"Sungjong! Stay on the pavement! It's dangerous!"

"There's no car around..."

"Still-- YAH! Get down from there!"

He reaches out for the younger and pulls him down from the low wall Sungjong jumped on.

Sungjong pouts.

" You're boring."

Nevertheless he doesn't try to get away from Hoyas grip again.

Hoya straightens his clothes in an attempt to win a few seconds to regain his breath. " Where did you want to go?"

"The fortune teller."

"The fortune teller?" Hoya asks in disbelief only to watch Sungjong walking past him.

" Come on. Don't be scared."

"I'm not scared! And we're going back right this instant! I'm not going to repeat myself this time!"

 

OOO

 

What did he expect?

That Sungjong would listen to him once in a while?

That his intimidating appearance only for once would also work for his boss's little brother?

His command was registered but assiduously ignored and he can't help but to exhale deeply when he finds himself inside of a small cabin in an abandoned alley.

"Sungjong...", he whispers with a low voice. " I don't think this is a good idea. As much as you shouldn't go with strangers who wear trench coats in the middle of the day."

"That happened only one time."

" One time too much!"

Sungjong waves his remarks aside. " I always wanted to try."

" The guy in the trench coat?"

" The fortune teller!"

Hoya escapes the hit only due to the female voice that echoes behind them.

" May I help you?"

Sungjong pauses midway and a bright smile plays around his lips. " Sure, miss."

There's no telling if the woman in front of them already hit her sixties or if it's just the grey colour of her hair that misguides your judgement. Her face, in any case, seems to be that of a woman in her late thirties.

" I might be a bit too old to be called a Miss, but nevertheless come inside."

" Sungjong..." Hoya last desperate try to stop the younger gets scotched.

" Wait here for me."

"Sure..." he mumbles when Sungjong disappears and the canvas close in front of his nose.

Great, Hoya... once again showing him what you're made of.

He walks outside and sits down at the road curb, offering the world the view of a kicked puppy instead of that of a clan member.

Sometimes even he feels sad. Not that he would admit that to anyone.

Not that he was hurt at all. Just a tiny sting right where his heart is located, every time Sungjong acts like the spoiled brat his mother made him into.

So different from his older brother.

So different in such a way that Hoya sometimes doubts they're related for real. If it wasn't for their strong urge to push their opinions onto everyone.

When his cheerless thoughts seem to enter his mind and drown every other thing, that's when Sungjong suddenly appears in front of him, his eyes widened in... fear?

" Hoya..."

"What's wrong?", Hoya is on his feet a second later, his hands reaching for the shaking frame of the younger. " What did she do to you?"

He wants to enter the cabin again but Sungjongs quiet voice keeps him back. "Don't..."

" What happened?" Hoya demands to know.

"She...", he looks at his hand. " She looked at my hand..."

"And?"

" All of sudden she told me she was sorry. So sorry... and told me, over and over again. She seemed to pity me so much... as if something is going to happen."

"Sungjong..."

"I'm scared, Hoya..."

"You don't have to."

But he can see that his words don't reach Sungjong anymore. He has always been like this. Too much into the unreal... never in reality long enough.

" I have a bad feeling."

" Let's go home."

" She said she's so sorry..."

The older takes the younger by his hand and slowly guides him back home, all the while thinking about how he can tell Sungjong that he doesn't have to be afraid.

 

OOO

 

 

Woohyun

 

 

I definitely sleep with too many pillows in my bed.

Which actually means I should leave my own pillows in my bed when I once again sneak into Sunggyus and not bring them with me. Slowly, they pile up there.

But I need my pillow to fall asleep.

Or, like plural... pillows.

They have the perfect height. The perfect angle so my head feels like bedded on clouds.

But there's also no objection against the feeling to be able to turn around... and quickly lying on another one. So, you need more than one in your bed which leads to you sleeping in the wrong position in the end and you have a stiff neck after the night  and the wish to have just spent the night at the floor.

I definitely should get up. Talking about pillows longer than five minutes is the evidence for you to leave the sheets behind.

My legs entangle themselves in the blanket. I try to break free. That attempt fails and advances me to the only a few seconds ago beloved and now hated floor.

"Great..."

I pull myself back to my feet and stagger over to the door, outside and into my room only to fall into my abandoned bed.

It's not a day to get up. Too warm, too bright... too much of everything.

And still I have to. There's work I have to finish.

Twenty minutes later I was able to change my clothes and wash myself. Elated through the imaginary applause due to my heroic doings I leave my room and make my way over to the kitchen.

That's when Dongwoo appears next to me like the ghost he sometimes happens to be.

"Good morning."

"UAHH!"

"What?"

"Dong..woo..", I grab my shirt over my heart and try to regain my breath. " Are you crazy?"

"Come on. Eat some breakfast."

" I just wanted to get some toast.  I have to finish some work in town."

" Come on. I made it especially for you."

" Maybe lat--"

" Now." His gaze darkens and I chuckle timidly. " If you say so..."

He sighs.

" Did you just sigh?"

" I just took a breath. Is that forbidden next to you?"

" You keep acting a bit strange..."

His smile only grows wider. " Woohyun... what to do with you. Sunggyus paranoia seems to rub off on you."

Ten seconds later I sit at the huge kitchen island, happily holding a cup of coffee in my hands. " In such moments I wished I could marry you."

"That will be our little secret from Sunggyu." he winks at me.

I take a sip from the hot drink and nearly burn my tongue. "Ouch."

"Take it slow. You've got time."

I take a piece of bread out of the basket on the table. " Where's everyone? Did I get up that late? It seems like no one in this house knows the term sleeping in."

" You will get them to know in no time."

"After I went to the toilet."

I put the cup back on the table and point at him with my finger. " Don't you dare drinking from it."

" Sure." he salutes.

I wander down the aisle again just to stop in front of the bathroom. I open the door...

And shut it from the outside.

How dumb does he think I am? He put salt into my coffee instead of sugar. Dongwoo never makes mistakes in the kitchen. Something is definitely going on. He was too cheerful today.

I carefully turn to the elevator. Dongwoo hums in the kitchen. I'm almost sorry for cheating on him like that, but what has to be done has to be done.

Later I realize that I (again) should have stayed in bed. Like all those times before where I told myself to never again go against my gut feeling.

To never forget again.

Once again, great Woohyun...