Chapter 1

Dear Diary...

             

 

Part 1

Chapter 1

 

 

Woohyun

Some days I'm able to get my out of bed before noon... which actually means Dongwoo comes into the room and pushes me out of bed with one of his painful low kicks and I sail to the ground in an elegant gliding flight.

To my own surprise this morning I'm awake when the first sun ray tickles my nose. I straighten up slowly. The blanket slips from my upper body and I shiver in the cold air. Hoya keeps telling me not to sleep in Sunggyus bed.

" He'll take over the business soon.", he says.  "He has to sleep. How do you think will he be able to scare that scum away if he doesn't rest properly and instead of it is active with you?"

Sunggyu disagrees. " I need you next to me or I can't sleep."

Well... today I was victorious.

You heard right.

I did it.

Escaped Hoyas hawk eyes and found my way directly into Sunggyus bed. Like a thief that I really shouldn't have to be. It should be perfectly okay for me to sleep with him.

Sunggyu is the heir of the organization of his father. They call it company but in the end it's just some kind of mafia organization which controls the underground and makes a lot of money out of it.

I don't really care. They're nice to me. Especially Sunggyu but I have to say this because I'm quiet deeply in love with him which can't be helped because... well, have you looked at him?

Biggest fanboy out there.

He barely noticed me when I crawled into the bed last night. He came back from a "business" trip late last night together with Hoya and that trip had exhausted him a lot. He only managed to peck my lips and pull me closer  before he fell into a deep sleep.

Even though I'm awake early I feel more rested than ever. There's nothing better that sleeping next to him. In a bed or on the floor... in a bus for all I care. Just him next to me and my body feels at ease.

Sunggyu's still asleep, one arm lying over my stomach, his face hidden under a pillow.

" Gyu?"

I turn over sideways and make myself comfortable on his , my cheek on his shoulder blade. His skin feels warm.

I look out of the window with half closed eyes and take a gander at the skyscrapers out there. I like his room. It's far away from everything and you feel like you own the world.

" Sunggyu? You're still asleep?"

The pillow seems to muffle all sounds. Not even an annoyed mumble is audible.

" I won't wake you up every morning, that's for sure."

"..."

" The sun's shining."

"..."

" I'm ."

"..."

"Take me right here and now."

"..."

He's definitely asleep, that all- time cutie. I carefully lift the pillow just a few centimetres and smile at his sleeping face before I let him be.I press a kiss between his shoulder blades and torture myself out of the blankets. The floor feels cold under my bare feet. I reach the door in a half jumping way.

A quick peek onto the hallway. No one can be seen. The only noises audible are coming from the kitchen.

When he first brought me to his home  I didn't like it. Too many people for my liking. The apartment or how he calls it (to me more like a little village) covers the two highest floors of the huge skyscraper and it hosts his parents as well as his closest co-workers. The rest of their businesses takes place on the lower floors.

I didn't want to live here at first. Hell, when I first met that gorgeous guy I didn't even think about where he could come from. Well... love didn't ask for permission and when other "companies" found out about his relationship with me got real and he kindly asked ( forced/ kidnapped) me to live with him where I would be safe. Not that I mind. One day that really tall scary looking guy tried to take me to his boss even though I kindly declined. Luckily Sunggyu never leaves me alone for a second and I still shudder when I remember how he lost his temper.

I scurry out of the door unnoticed and disappear into my room at the other side of the hallway  to get dressed and washed up.

Twenty minutes later I'm on my way to the kitchen. I open the door and carefully peek inside the room.

" You slept well, Woohyun?"

Dongwoo doesn't even have to turn around to know it's me who's eyeing him from the door crack. How the hell he's doing it is still a mystery to me.

I sniff my arm pit.

No... it's definitely not my smell.

" I went to bed early last night." I say while taking a seat at the kitchen island.

"In your bed?" He winks at me and puts a plate full of pancakes in front of me.

"What do you think?"

"Well...", he takes a seat in front of me and snitches a bite of my pancakes. " I'm very aware of your night activities since my room isn't that far away."

" Sorry." ,I dig into my breakfast, trying to ignore his all- knowing gaze. " But tonight we didn't even do anything."

I count Dongwoo to my besties which are the five other guys who live on those two floors and act as Sunggyus companions. Minus one, his brother.

" I'm glad you have a healthy life."

" Ehm... thanks?"

He shows me his trademark smile. " Sunggyu has been alone for too long. I didn't throw the party after I knew about you two for nothing. And belongs to a healthy relationship. Just promise me to be careful all the time."

"Oh please...", I groan. " It's too early for conversations like this... wait. Forget it. There's never a good time for it."

" Just trying to be a good friend."

" And why would a good friend tell his homoual friend to be careful while having with his boyfriend? What do you think will happen? Me getting pregnant?"

" I read this story a few days ag--"

" I don't want to know."

He shuts up and leans himself against the counter while I take another bite of the pancakes.

I chew intensely,  his gaze is concentrated on me. As if he's able to see right through my clothes. Like he wants to find out more about my lewd behaviour.

"Dongwoo!", I cover my chest with my arms. " Please! I just put on clothes! Don't undress me again!"

" I'm just curious about your relationship."

" This is something I don't want to share with you!"

His eyebrow is going to stay like this if he lifts it any higher.

"Be glad I'm interested about your concerns."

"I'm terribly sad! Stop it!"

But in the end of the day I still love him like a brother.

"Well. Okay. I know I'm too curious.", he laughs at my frozen expression before his gaze wanders to the clock above our heads. " It's quiet late already."

" You have something to do?" I ask with a mouth full of food. Dongwoos pancakes are the best.

" I need to have a talk with Sunggyus dad but someone has to inspect that new delivery."

" I can do it."

" You're sure about that?", he eyes me. " I don't think Sunggyu would be pleased hearing about you wandering off without him."

" I don't think he'll be awake that soon from what I saw before and it won't take me long. I can take someone with me if you feel better."

"Well...", he chews his lip. " I guess it's nothing dangerous. Only some minor business. And if you take some guards with you... Okay. Why not."

" Great." I smile at the thought of leaving the building for a while. It's not like I dislike being here. I mean, it's were Sunggyu is... it's were my new friends are... but I can't help the urge to get outside for a while on my own. I've never been the one to settle down.

"But be careful. You know how Sunggyu can act when he's upset... I don't want to loose my head because of you."

"No problem.", I take a napkin and wipe my mouth.  "On my way."

 

OOO

 

I pull my jacket tighter around me when I leave the building. It became severely cold over night. I breath out and my breath turns white while I wait for the car to drive out of the basement garage and the bodyguards Dongwoo send for me. I will never get used to this...

To get warm I start to walk down the empty street until I reach the next crossway.

One car drives by and disappears in the distance.

It's quiet again.

One minute later another car.

I want to walk back to the building when it all of sudden slows down and stops next to me.

I wouldn't have recognised the guy if he hadn't tried to get out of the car only to entangle himself in the seat belt and to fall down in direction of the dirt, nose ahead. He blurts out a surprised squeak and squints his eyes. His jacket gets stuck in the seat belt and saves him from the crash and so he hangs there, his dignity slowly dripping to the ground.

I just stare at him, my hands in my pockets.

Actually, I should help him but the fear to burst out into laughter right in front of his face is too big and keeps me from doing so.

So I just stay and wait unsteadily.

There are other people inside the fancy car. I can hear their suffocated giggles. Seconds later they get out of it and surround the comedy/ tragedy/ boy who starts to flail around with his tomato like red head. That way he looses his last backing and falls to the ground.

I bite my lip with full force, tears run down my cheek, and that definitely not because of my grief for his invidious situation.

My gaze meets the emblem on his leather jacket. I pause.

 

Holy crap...

 

He picks himself up and wipes the dirt of his trouser with the last sparkle of dignity he managed to save.

I stumble backwards and point at him with an outstretched finger. "YOU?!"

" My greetings.",  he bows elegantly. " I'm here to get you."

 

What the...

 

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

He lifts his gaze and smiles at me. Actually a handsome man. But the last thing on earth I want to see right now except of Jieun but that's another story.

" Will you do me the honour?" he reaches out with his hand and I move further away.

" Did I miss something or did you hit your head pretty badly?", I point behind me with my thumb. " I know a good doctor down the street. Don't worry. He'll get you back on track in no time."

If it wasn't for his huge friends I might have been a little blunter. " You have a screw loose, right? Coming here and giving me this . Here to get me? My ..."

He blushes again. A sweat drop moves down his cheek and disappears in his collar.

Holy , what a psycho. He's not the first one who tried to hit on me/ kill me/ kidnapp me but by far the one with the worst lines.

I decide that it's better to wait inside the building. I shortly wave at them. " I have to go. Move your car. There's stopping restriction."

And I would have reached safety if it wasn't for his already mentioned really really huge and muscular friends who decided that it would be funny to carry me on their shoulders all of sudden.

" HEY!"

I try to hit them with my feet but it's in vain.

"OUCH! THIS ! LET ME GO! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? YAH! IF YOU LET ME GO NOW I WON'T BRING YOU INTO JAIL FOR UAL HARASSMENT! YAHHHH!"

 

I knew it... I should have never gone to that festival...