Chapter 2

Dear Diary...

Italic letters = flashback

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

Woohyun

 

 

 

If you ask me about the most unnecessary and overrated species walking on earth I would kindly guide you to the next  salesman.

Preferably the one who hunts me through Busans streets at approximately 180 kmh and who doesn't even shrink back from running over old ladies just to sell me that ultra modern deep cleanings washing application I so not need with that skin of mine.

I almost stumble when I turn around a corner and finally get lost of him.

" Bastard..." I mumble while trying to catch my breath.

The people around keep eyeing me and I hurry up to leave the place.

My workout for today was planned to consist of eating but thanks to a certain, totally ignorant marathon runner ( whose corpulence doesn't do him any right) I'll have to fight with my aching muscles for sure.

Quietly cursing I arrange my clothes again and pull the small paper Dongwoo gave me out of my pocket.

Stupid mobile.

Died when I needed it the most. How the hell am I going to be able to find the hotel Sunggyu and the others are waiting for me in?

I turn the paper upside down but it just won't make any sense to me. Dongwoos drawing skill are... expandable.

'Okay, it can't be helped. Let's see...'

I don't notice the person right in front of me and when I run into him I loose the paper in my hand.

It flies to the street.

I cry out and jump after it onto the street right in front of a car that brakes hard.

A slight blow, maybe as hard as Sunggyus snipping against my head.

"... that was close..."

" TERRORIST!"

I frantically look around when there's a weight that pushes me to the ground all of sudden. I meet the hard asphalt with my back. The impact presses all air out of my lungs.

" GET HIM!"

"YAH! THAT HURTS! GET OFF ME!" I struggle against the man on top of me and only pause when I feel the barrel of a gun against my temple.

" Are. You. Serious?" I press out through gritted teeth.

" Show me your weapons."

He's wearing a suit and sunglasses.

Sunggyu looks so much better in this... or without it.

Woohyun!

I really shouldn't think about him in moments like this...

Sunggyu :'(  Save me...

Why the hell did my mobile die?

" I SAID SHOW ME YOUR WEAPONS!"

Actually I had put everything behind already.

Titlestory the next morning: Busan - Traveller jumped to death.

But then, the guy all of sudden gets up and fresh air fills my lungs.

I bob up, only to see a hand that vanishes back in the inside of the car. Slowly after, the windows close automatically.

"False alarm." The idiot mumbles in his radio.

I have to hold myself back not to show him my tongue and look back to the car. The windows are blackened, but  nevertheless I slowly nod in the direction where someone seems to sit.

The guy gets inside and the car slowly drives off.

 

 

 

OOO

 

 

The four hours delay turn into five and when I finally arrive in the hotel they expect me in (that nice girl in the coffee shop was able to finally get a clue of what Dongwoo wanted to tell me with his hieroglyphs) it's dark outside.

" Excuse me." I ask the concierge.

" How can I help you?"

" I'm looking for the rooms reserved for Kim Sunggyu.", His eyes widen and I nervously chuckle when he breaks out into sweat.  " Is... there some kind of problem?"

"Your name is Nam Woohyun?"

"Ehm... Yes."

" I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU MISTER!" He grabs my hand and almost starts to cry.

"Well... that's.. nice to know."

" WE'VE WAITED ALL DAY LONG!"

His suddenly high pitched voice hurts my ears.

"Please follow me, Sir." , He walks around the counter  and I almost have to run to follow his fast step. " I'm really really glad you finally arrived."

"Not enough work?"

He omits my sarcasm and leads me to the elevator. " Mr Kim might have been a little... worried about your whereabouts."

Sudden realization hits me and I sigh deeply. " How much did he destroy?"

" Chairs are still flying if my contact is right."

" Sorry 'bout that man. He's got some temper."

" I realized, Sir."

Inside the elevator he pushes the button to the highest apartment and the elevator slowly goes up.

" You seem to be kind of nervous." I lean against the mirror and eye him closely. He picks at his collar. " I was the witness of Mr. Kims first fit of anger. Nothing I want to experience again if I can speak open with you."

"He seems to be kind of intimidating to you..."

He looks at me in confusion as if he wants to ask me if I'm in my right mind.

I just shrug. " Benefits of being the boyfriend. I'm never the receiving end."

" Well, that explains everything."

The elevator stops with a BING and the concierge points to the door across from us. " Over there, Sir."

" Thanks."

 I clap his shoulder and leave the elevator. As soon as I'm in front of the door I'm able to finally here Sunggyus voice... or Satans voice which it might sound like to the guy he's hissing at right that moment.

"You have to repeat what you just said. I couldn't get it."

A small whimper. "  I... thought... he was in t-the...car..."

"Sorry?"

" I though he was in the car."

" And you drove off after getting inside without checking it?!"

" He was asleep, sir. He slept the whole way, hidden under a blanket. I didn't... want to disturb him..."

" Well... thanks to you who didn't want to disturb him it's me whose quiet unpleased with the situation!"

His voice gets lower and I decide it's time to finally intervene.

I push the door open. "YAH! KIM SUNGGYU!"

Everyone in the room freezes.

Sunggyu, who's got my driver who forgot me at the fuel station by his collar, his right hand Hoya next to the window, unfazed from Sunggyus temper attacks as always, Sungyeol and Myungsoo at the desk, playing cards as if there wasn't going on a murder right in front of their eyes.

" Woohyun..." Sunggyu looks puzzled and when he lets got off the collar the poor guy falls to the ground.

" What the hell do you think you're doing?!", I walk to the man and get down next to him. " You're alright?"

He looks at me with big, terrified eyes and I sigh deeply. " It's alright. Go back to work."

" B-but..."

" I'll take care of it."

I pull him back to his feet and push him to the door where he vanishes in a hurry.

" Woohyun..." Sunggyu still looks at me in confusion, his terrifying mask which scares everyone to hell and back changed into his hamster- like expression. His mouth is slightly agape.

" The poor guy. He'll cry himself to sleep tonight."

" He lost you!"

" It was partly my fault. I didn't tell him I needed to go to the toilet."

" Why didn't you call me?! I was worried sick!"

" My mobile died!"

" That's no excuse!"

" You don't know what happened to me on the way here! So stop shouting at me!"

Out of the corner of my eyes I can see Hoya giving a sign to the others. They get up and leave the room.

I blow a stray of hair out of my eyes and let my jacket fall to the ground. " I'm tired." With that I walk away to the room which I assume is the bedroom.

"Woohyun!"

" What?!"

" I wasn't finished!"

"I'm tired! Come to me if you want to tell me something!"

" COME BACK!"

" YOU!"         

Showing our love...

He'll come to me in approximately ten seconds. I wait in the middle of the room and slowly count down...

3...2...

He's next to me a second later and pulls me into his arms. " Are you alright?"

"Yeah... mostly..." I snuggle into the crook of his neck and finally feel at ease when I can smell his perfume.

" I was afraid something happened to you.", he pecks my lips softly. " This was the last time you're going to travel on your own."

"Bu--"

"No."

" Sunggyu." I whine and stomp my feet but he just smiles and pulls me back into his embrace.

" You're not going to get your way."

"Fine..." I mumble, secretly liking the attention he gives me.

"Where have you been?"

" Trust  me. You won't believe one word I tell you."

He kisses my forehead softly. " Try it out."

"You should show that side of yours to your employees more often."

" They would loose their respect for me."

"They wouldn't their pants every time they see you."

I let him go and make my way over to the mirror. "Holy .", I look at myself in the mirror and try to straighten some hair strands. " Couldn't somebody tell me I look like ?"

Strong arms circle around my waist. "You look great, as always." He pulls me back and I lean into his chest, a warm smile on my lips when I look at our reflection in the mirror.

"You only want to get laid, right?"

" Way to destroy the moment."

" You just like me for ."

I'm not serious and he knows it. We like to having with each other but sometimes it's just enough to have him around me like this. As much as I like sleeping with him, most of the times I enjoy the fluttering in my stomach when he tells me he loves me the most.

" I really missed you." he kisses my neck and tightens his grip around me.

I close my eyes and sigh contented. " How was work?"

"It always sounds dumb when you call it that way."

"It is dumb. Grown up men running around with guns in their hands shooting each other."

"You know I've never killed someone until now."

I move out of his embrace and before he can protest I turn around, cup his face and press a tender kiss to his lips. " And that makes me love you only more. Keep it that way"

He pecks my lips another time. "I'll try. But I can guarantee for nothing when you're involved."

I chuckle and push him away. " Cheesy bastard. Now give me a minute. I need to change. Turn around."

Sunggyu takes a seat at the huge bed and watches me with a lifted eyebrow. "It's not like I haven't seen you before."

"I'm shy."

"You're no--- okay, okay. No need to kill me." he lifts his hands in defense and lies at his back.

I change out of my sweater and pull a clean shirt out of backpack, an evil smile on my face when I hear him mumbling under his breath.

I love to annoy him.

"That prosecutor appeared again." Sunggyu says after a minute of comfortable silence.

I look up from the belt I just closed. " Woo Jiho?"

"Yeah... maybe. Didn't wait for him to end his talk. Hoya threw him out as soon as he stepped inside this room."

"I'm ready.", I say and before he can get up I'm next to him on the bed, snuggling into his side. " That guy follows you around everywhere."

Sunggyu intertwines our fingers and pulls me closer, if even possible. " He wants us to stop our business.", he says. " The government is watching you, Mr. Kim. They will have the final proof soon... for all I care. It's not like they can find anything."

"Be careful, Gyu.", I say, the slight worry audible in my voice. " I don't trust that guy and I don't want to loose you just because of him."

He laughs, the sound like a beautiful melody to my ears. " Idiot. He can do nothing. Don't worry."

"Hmm.."

"Promise me."

"I can't promise not to worry about you, idiot. Could you?"

"What?"

I poke his side and he whines like the big baby he sometimes is. " Don't play dumb. Could you stop worrying about me?"

"Of course."

"Oh...", I lift my eyebrows and slowly get up which ends in another one of his whines. " So... if I would go outside right now you wouldn't mind? It's dark and I would be alone and you know I'm not the ugliest person out there. Just imagine what could hap--"

He straightens and silences me with another kiss. "Stop talking about it. I got your point."

I smile in victory and a he looks at me full of affection. " I love you, Woohyun."

" I know."

" Shouldn't you answer with something like Oh my god, me too, my dearest love." his voice gets high pitched and I playfully hit his chest.

" I love you, stupid idiot."

And as if on cue my stomach gets into action.

He chuckles. "Hungry?"

I nod, slightly blushing.

"Okay, let's go."