Chapter 24

Dear Diary...

I'm back really really late. I know but I will never forget this story ^^

The short explanation.

I liked a guy. The guy was an and " forgot" to tell me he is not only in a relationship but married on top.

Screw him.

Now I'm finally good.

Have fun~

 

 

 

Sunggyu

 

" Ahh"

There, the painful groan I tried to suppress with all my might is out and Woohyun stops halfway with buttoning my shirt only to glance at me from his bent over position, his gaze slightly covered by his dark bangs.

" Don't say it. I know."

" Gyu.."

He leaves his hands on my waist. It feels comfortable even though they feel colder than normal.

" Don't push yourself."

" I'm fine."

He seems to think deeply for a second before poking my stomach with his finger.

" Ouch!"

" Yeah... you're fine."

" You hit me!"

" I poked you without any force.", he gives me the look. " Please..."

" No. You can't change my mind."

" I know. Can you at least stay in your bed while talking to him?"

" There is Sungyeol."

" We'll bring him outside."

" No."

" You can't even button up your shirt on your own."

I take a look down. " You did a lousy job with that."

He nudges my arm and goes back to his former work. I lean against the sink behind me, savouring the calmness of the bathroom, mentally preparing myself for what is waiting outside.

By now, mother is somewhere else in the hospital, together with Myungsoo and a still fearful Sungjong. I knew the second my parents  appeared in the room that he was the one telling them. For a moment I felt anger flaring up, but I decided to let it go. I should be the one feeling bad because I couldn't take better care of him.

Myungsoo understood me without more than a short gaze. He will tell Mom, who ly paler when she saw Woohyun, a story she can take. At the moment I don't care anymore if there will be more lies.

Woo Jiho is connected to this and after I talked to my father I will get him.

I chuckle slightly too myself.

If Father won't tell me anything I don't want to hear...

" What are you thinking about?" Woohyun asks lowly, as if he also knows about the calming silence and doesn't want to destroy it. He finishes buttoning my shirt, straightening himself.

I reach out for him and softly touch the bruise on his jaw. " Are you hurting a lot?"

" It's okay." he takes my hand that still caresses his soft skin and keeps it close to his cheek.

" Actually..." he pauses for a second.

" Actually?"

" Actually I feel nervous. There is some kind of unsettling feeling in my stomach. Because I know... or I think I know what this conversation is about.", he smiles sadly. " Well... there is only on explanation to why you wrote his name on the whiteboard."

I take in his features. The black hair that messily covers his forehead, his dark eyes, nowadays with dark circles around them, but not less beautiful. His plump lips that became chapped and still I want to kiss them so badly all the time. I pull him closer, my hand around his neck only to put my forehead against his.

" Is there something you want to talk about before I go out?"

" No."

" Okay."

I kiss him.

" Guy?", he asks when I pull back, his hands clutching to my shirt. " Later I want to talk about it. And please know... I want this to be over soon. I want to find who did this so badly. But I still hope it is not him and this is the wrong clue. Because I love you."

Without an answer I hug him tightly to my chest and my insides hurt when I feel him almost desperately clutching the shirt on my back.

Soon, my love... Soon...

 

 

OOO

 

My father awaits me in an abandoned lounge area of the hospital. He sits on an ugly dark green couch, his gaze on something outside the window. In the afternoon light his hair looks more grey than it already is.

He grew old and I didn't notice.

I squeeze Woohyuns hand once again. " Please go back into the room. Make sure everyone is ready when I'm back."

He nods, but still doesn't let go of my hand.

" I'll be back soon."

I give him an encouraging smile and move away, only letting go off his hand the last second. He stays like this for a second, his hand outstretched in my direction before he turns and walks back to the room. I wait until he disappears inside, knowing that the others are close to him. I hate letting him out of my side.

" Sunggyu."

Fathers voice pulls me out of my thoughts. I turn to him.

He gets up, a certain uneasiness in his movement.

" Do you need help?"

I shake my head and make my way over to him, slowly, but every step still hurts a tiny bit. Not enough to really hinder me, enough not to be forgotten.

Father keeps standing until I take a seat at the couch across before he sits back again. Only a table separates us now.

He coughs. " So... what did the doctor say?"

" I'll be fine." I answer shortly.

" Who did it?"

" We already got him."

" I see." he drums his fingers on his leg. He has those habits. The ones that drive other people crazy.

Not that people that aren't close to him would notice. He is good in hiding it. Hiding our human sides saves our lives in that kind of business.

Sometimes I'm surprised how similar we are.

"Your sudden disappearance without a word. Your injuries and..."

Woohyuns name lingers in the air, unspoken.

" If its about Woohyun there is nothing I can tell you at the moment. Just... take it as it is."

" Don't you think an explanation would be appropriate ? We came back to an empty house. No message, nothing. People telling us they saw Woohyun...", his voice grows a tiny bit louder, he slightly bends over the table. " We were so worried about all of you. Especially you. The state you were in when we left you..."

Something in my chest cramps when he reminds me of those days.

No. He can't see my pain.

" I'm not here to talk about that. There were reasons for us to act this way. Sungjong made a mistake with contacting you."

" Well. I'm glad he did and we found you."

I hope he can't see through my act.

I hope so badly he doesn't notice how nervous I really am.

So nervous that I start to sweat under my bandages.

It itches and the situation seems so hilarious all of sudden.

Here I am. Trying to get out if my father did something horrible to my lover. For the first time in a while I realize that deep down, hidden between all of the things that happened and my mixed up emotions, I really love my father and that I hope so much that I'm wrong.

The atmosphere grows heavier, every minute we don't speak. He grows restless on his seat and I finally talk.

" The day you choked Woohyun in the kitchen--"

" Why are you bringing that up now?!" he bursts out a little too loud, a little too fast, remembering the next second that he is in a hospital.

" Seriously, Sunggyu. We talked about this.", he hisses, more collected. " You know I wasn't myself that day... I was... on a trip. Even Woohyun forgave me."

" He tends to be too kind."

" Goddammit! What's wrong with you all of sudden?", father loosens the collar of his dress shirt with two fingers, as if  he is getting too hot all of sudden. " I made a mistake..."

" Two."

" Two?"

" Don't forget shooting me."

There. The so familiar wrinkle on his forehead, only appearing when somethings isn't going the way he wants it.

" Why are you bringing that up all of sudden? I thought we were good. You know I have problems but I know I did wrong and I'm trying."

" I know."

" Then why all of sudden."

" There are things I can't figure out on my own." I say a bit too agitated. I take a deep breath and a sharp pain runs through my body, this time perfectly visible for him.

" You're in pain, son.", the worry is back in his voice. " Take a rest and let's talk later."

" I don't have time."

" Of course you h--"

" I don't!" I feel the oh so familiar anger in me.

" Sunggyu..."

" I wished I could trust you, you're my father. But... the circumstances don't let me. So please, just tell me.", I almost reach out  to take his hand. " Please tell me if you would do something worse to Woohyun than you already did. If you did something worse..."

 

 

OOO

 

 

He wanted to hit me.

So badly.

I could see it in his eyes.

He didn't because I'm already injured.

Now he left me alone with my thoughts on the ugly couch.

I can't say I'm feeling better, because I have to face the fact that I will only be when Woohyun is back by my side, safe and sound.

But I feel... not worse. Maybe a bit lighter because of his answer.

 

" I swear on the lives of your mother and brother, that I didn't do anything to him."

 

His disappointment in me for thinking like that hit me hard, but I can live with that.

A lot better than I could with other things.

I only look away from the table when someone touches my shoulder.

It is Woohyun.

One look at him and I know he listened.

I put my hand on his that still lingers on my shoulder.

" Why did you listen?"

" I was worried. I didn't want to leave you alone. Good thing I came back." he stares down the hall where my father left to and for the first time I see something like hate in his eyes. " Why didn't you tell me?"

" About what?"

" He shot you."

I squeeze his hand. " I forgave him like you did."

" This time I won't forgive him.", he says, his voice firm. " Never will I forgive him for almost killing you."

He turns away and leaves me behind with slightly faltering steps.

" Woohyun!" I call out for him.

He stops in his tracks. I close up to him.

" No matter what happened... the other thing I asked him. He told me he didn't do it.", I take him by the arm. " I  want to believe him. Is that okay?"

He closes the distance between us and kisses me. " I never thought it was  him. He is still your father. And even though he never wanted me to be with you... I never thought he would... kill me and Sungmin.", he wipes a stray of hair out of my forehead, his soft gaze hardening again. " I love you. And I can deal with the fact he almost choked me that time. But I will never ever forgive him for almost taking you from me. Never."

" Okay..." I answer slowly, reaching out for him the next moment when he sways slightly.

" What's wrong?"

" I feel so sick all of sudden."

 

OOO

 

Woohyun coughs violently, the gagging shaking his already fragile body and the only thing I can do is to caress his back and try not to cry too hard. I stopped hiding my tears from him. Not that I could anymore anyway.

I managed to pull him in one of the public toilets the last second before throwing up.

" Look at us." he manages to bring out after a while. I reach for a paper towel, wet it and softly clean his mouth. For a second he gets up, drinks a bit of water from the tap and sinks back to the ground next to me. " What the happened to us..."

We are sitting at the ground, silently for a while, between a toilet and a sink, which is a ridiculous as the whole situation, holding each others hand as if it is the last anchor.

" Live on should I be gone."

I want to tell him to shut up, that it won't happen. But the possibility is there, as much as it hurts, and he needs to be able to say what he has to say.

" Live on and love someone else. Until you come to me.", he tries to smile but fails miserably. " Is it bad that I hope it  will be fast when I really have to leave?"

" No. It's fine."

" Okay."

" Woohyun?"

" Hmm?"

" The pain I'm feeling every day. It's real. So real that sometimes I wish you would have never come to me. Because then... there might be hope for me. But like this...", I squeeze his hand.

" You know I'm not always good with words... but I want to say. That... in all the pain and agony and no matter what happens. I promise you I will live on if this is what makes you happy. With you... or without you. But always keep in mind that... you existing is like... a piece of heaven to me. And if the place you might go to makes you feel only a tiny bit the way you make me feel and... made me feel for such a wonderful long time... then nothing better could be waiting for you. I love you. And I will love you until it's my turn one day. Okay?"

He only looks at me, his eyes widening the slightest bit.

" Yes..."

The only thing he manages to bring out before his crying fit in my arms.

Life can be unfair.

So unfair.

But at least I could tell him this.

" I'm so scared, Gyu...", he tries to hug me only tighter. " So scared."

" I love you...", I mumble into his hair, over and over again, trying to sooth him in all his fear, and his words about how unfair life is, while deep inside I can only agree.

 

End of part 2