Chapter 10

Dear Diary...

Part 2

Chapter 10

 

Sunggyu

 

Ten minutes passed by and felt like an hour when I finally get another call.I already grew impatient. The faster we leave the better. That city gives me the creeps.

I sigh in relief when my mobile vibrates.

" Get ready, Dongwoo." I say through the slightly opened window and answer the call.

" Finished?"

" Sunggyu..." sobs on the line.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. " Sungjong?"

" Sunggyu... he..."

" What's wrong?" I ask, alarmed all of sudden.

" He... I..."

" Calm down and tell me what's wrong. "

" Woohyun..."

" What is with Woohyun? Where's he?"

"He..." another sob and I'm at the end of my tether.  " Sungjong! God dammit! What's wrong?!"

" He's... not breathing..."

" Who's not breathing?"

" Woohyun... he's dead..."

No is the only thing in my head when I start running over to the house, not caring for the cars that nearly crash into me when I cross the street. The closing of the car doors behind me and Dongwoos voice in the night.

I don't care.

       I can't care.

Sungjongs words echo through my head. My mobile falls to the ground when I open the door with a hit, knocking out the man at the entrance who tries to stop me from entering.

Despair takes all of me, tries to sicker in my head and can't do it either way.

No...

Not him... everything inside of me is screaming in purest agony and I try to hold onto that little glimmer of hope inside of me.

Not him...

He wouldn't die like this.

He couldn't die like this.

It was impossible.

He couldn't and wouldn't leave me alone... Living on without him... the mere thought breaks my heart into a thousand pieces.

I reach the third floor of the huge mansion, scan the doors. He must be somewhere there.

Which room...

That's when I hear Sungjong.

Crying.

Screaming...

My steps grow slower and I'm almost not able to open the door. Only slowly my hand clutches the doorknob. There's Sungjong at the ground, holding a lifeless body.

 

            Lifeless...

 

I manage to walk the last metres, step by step, so slow until I'm right behind Sungjong, not able to look at the ground.

" Sungjong... is he..." I'm not able to speak out the word.

Sungjong spins around, his wet eyes widening. " Sunggyu... why are you..."

" Is he..." my voice is calmer than I expected it to be.

" I..." his voice breaks and finally he reveals Woohyuns face... a strangers face...

I fall down to my knees and slowly get closer. Woohyuns dark eyes I love so much... so dull... without any life in them, staring to the ceiling without motion. They don't show any happiness anymore, and the only shiver I feel when I look into them is something I never want to feel again.

I'm shaking when I reach out for him, when my finger touches his cold lips hoping for any signs of life, my hand softly caressing the pale cheeks where still some kind of warmth can be felt. The hands the loosely hang to the ground. I touch his chest, my hand searching for any kind of heartbeat but there's nothing... such a scary feeling...

Was he in pain?

" Sungjong..." I ask soundlessly.

" He was like this when I came inside... and Sungmin..."

" I was right there...." I softly reach out for Woohyun and pull him over, softly bed his head in my lap. I couldn't care less for Sungmin. For anybody...

I know I should close his eyelids.... but... that would mean taking the light away from him.

Woohyun hates the dark.

         Hated...

I gently bend down, until my lips touch his forehead.

Slowly, the bitter truth gets through to me, as impossible as it may seem. I'm not dreaming. Not even my worst nightmare could do this to me. This is it... reality...

A reality I don't want to live in.

Without him.

" I can't... he's..."

I barely notice the tear stained voice next to me.

Why should I?

My world is broken... thousand and thousand of small parts and I won't be able to put them together again.

I won't try, why should I?

" Sunggyu..."

Sungjong moves closer but I avert his gaze while I press Woohyuns face to my chest.

" I left him here... our last words..." I tenderly caress his cheek.

His skin had always been Woohyuns most favourite part of his body. How he bragged about it was beyond possible.

But where was the warmth? Where did it go? It was gone, like the life in him. How fast everything was over. And I could have been there. Why wasn't I here? Next to him where I belong.

I slowly shake Woohyuns shoulder, refusing to believe it.

And even if I wanted to, I couldn't.

Woohyun won't answer. No word will leave his lips. The only movement his head that slowly sinks to the other side.

That feeling of dullness that slowly reaches every part of my body and slowly drives me crazy.

"Please.... come back.. please." I whisper.

I pull his body closer and the only thing I can do is hide my face in Woohyuns dark hair.

"Please... Don't leave me alone...", I start to shake my head frantically, despair taking all of me and driving me to the edge of insanity. " No...Come back... Wake up..." the sobs start to shake me when I break down completely.

It can't be real. Nobody can come up with such a cruelness, not in reality, not in a dream.

It can't be true.

It just can't be.

 

OOO

Sungjong

 

 

Sungjong lifts his head and looks at his brother. He forgot about his surroundings and keeps screaming for Woohyun.

If he wasn't able to cope with it, what must Sunggyu feel? The pain nearly chokes him, how was Sunggyu able to breath? He couldn't talk, how was he able to scream?

He turns to the door when voices come closer.

" Sungjong." Hoya is by his side a second later and reaches out for him.

" He's dead. He just died.", he desperately clings to Hoya and misses the shocked gaze Dongwoo gives Hoya.

" But... how..."

" I called the ambulance... I... it will be here soon..."

" You did well..."

" Hoya... please...do something..." Sungjong pleads but the only thing the older can do is holding the younger, while Dongwoo walks closer to Sunggyu.

" Sunggyu." He softly gets down next to him and touches his shoulder. Due to the touch, Sunggyu pauses for a moment. His shoulders tense up, and when he turns to Dongwoo, his eyes are terribly empty.

" He's dead."

" I know."

" I can't do this.", Sunggyu whispers without recognizable movement on his features. He doesn't see Dongwoo, his gaze is locked with Hoya who also gave in to his tears.

" Let go of him." Dongwoo whispers and reaches out for his arm, but Sunggyu only circles them tighter around Woohyun.

" No!" he cries out and fights against the soft but firm grip. " When I let go  he's dead for real!"

" Sunggyu. You can't help him anymore."

Those words make his pain only worse. He shakes his head in despair. " He can't go! Why him?! I can't take this! I can't take this! Doesn't he know?!"

Hoya only needs a second to knock his leader out. He hits Sunggyus neck and darkness covers the older immediately. He falls back and Hoya catches him.

" He wouldn't have let got." he mumbles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love it.

That moment right after waking up.

You'r still  nobody.

Not knowing who you are for a second.

Only knowing you're there in a strange way.

The memories still aren't able to catch you, your head is comfortably dizzy.

The intelligent ones among us close their eyes again, let themselves go back to their dreams, where everythings a bit better.

I love it.

That moment.

 

            Today I belong to the dumb ones.

 

I open my eyes and when I see myself confronted with the darkness I start to scream.