Chapter 8

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

"Hurry up! Mom has been calling me for the hundred times! Do girls always take long times for packing?" Kris grumbled as I was still packing all of my things. Geez! This guy, is he for real? I still tried to get all of my clothes and other stuffs into my suitcase while Kris was leaning at the door and watched me? He didn't even offer me a help. He was so unbelievably ignorant, arrogant, and well –an !

"I'm done, let’s go!" I said as I hopped to the car. We arrived at the airport quite fast because I could tell that Kris was good at driving. His driving skill was excellent for me.

Arriving there, both of our parents have been waiting and they all had the same posture. They were all crossing their arms. 

"Where have you been? Hurry up! It’s almost the boarding time!" My mom and Kris’ mom escorted us. We got no choice but to be dragged helplessly. I checked my watch and I could tell that there was still enough time even if we didn’t jog like this.

Kris and I got to the boarding room. I quickly took a seat near the window, anyways, that was my favorite seat. I loved to see when the plane was taking off, I could see the clouds. Well, I could never sleep at the plane, for me, it was so uncomfortable.

You might wonder what Kris was doing. Right after he landed his at the seat, he plugged the earphone and played whatever songs in the plane as if he didn't want to hear any sounds from his surroundings.

Slowly, the plane took off. We would spend a week in Jeju together. As if we wanted it. What the hell would I suppose to do there? From my judgement about him, he wasn't the type of a fun boy. Well –I didn't think he would like to go to mall, spend time for fun, wasting time, being lazy. He was kind of different.

I wasn't a spoilt child, but I liked shopping. It was girl's nature I guessed.

I didn't really like gossiping around, but I was a good listener. Sometimes I would drop a comment, but the comment was more like to show the person that I paid attention to whatever they said.

But let’s get real! Jeju was waiting and I was stuck with him. No parents. No friends. Just he and I. It sounded romantic in movies, but not in reality. He was nothing like sweet or romantic and I wasn’t the type to be easily flustered either. So, if you would like to know how Kris and I viewed our honeymoon, I’d tell you that it was hell. It would be hell for us.


Arriving at Jeju, Kris and I quickly took our suitcases and headed to the hotel.

It was not surprising that our parents booked for only one room but the unbelievable thing was they booked for a room with one king size bed and not twin bedroom!

Did that mean I have to sleep at the couch again?

Hell, not this time! I threw all my belongings to somewhere and threw myself to the bed.

"This bed is mine." I quickly declared it. I would not let Kris claimed it first! Not again! I would not make the same mistake. That was just stupid.

"This bed is also mine." Kris smirked and went closer to the bed.

"Hey, you have the bed at home, so this is mine!" I shouted to him. This guy really got on my nerve. Could not he act as a gentleman for once? I knew he was cold and all but be a gentleman would not ruin his image!

"You gave the bed to me. Did you pass the mathematics? I tell you, okay? If there is one bed, means, each of us gets a half of it. If someone gives her/his part to the other, that means the 'other' gets 1. So, because you gave your part to me, that bed is mine. But here, I'm not giving my part to you." He explained. Oh please, I knew that! But that was not the case! Speaking logically yes, but speaking ethically, he was so damn unfair!

"Oh c'mon, I'm not going to give you my part again." I said. Of course not, I didn't want to sleep at the couch anymore. At home, it was enough. At least, I could have a week to sleep at the proper bed. Could he be a gentleman for only a week?! I doubt so though.

"Then, there is no choice. We have to share bed." He shrugged as if nothing important happened, and walked away. What the did he just say?

"Kris, wait for me!" I chased after him right after I snapped back to reality. Did he really walk away just like that? I meant, did he really plan to leave me all alone in this island?

Then, congratulation to me! I got to say goodbye to my old life and lived my life with him.

I got to spend the rest of my life with this biggest jerk in the universe, this cold hearted guy, or a guy that had no heart which is unfortunately my husband. I felt like my mind was bursting and I was going crazy.

I followed him and... Wait –Where did he plan to go?

I kept on following him, did he even realize?

I could not take it anymore. So, I grabbed his arm and asked, "Where do we want to go?"

He turned to me and said, "You should just go back to the hotel and what I will do is none of your business."

I let my mouth hang open. Oh. Fine. Let's see!

I walked away from him without saying a single word. But, I quickly hid myself behind the wall. Would you want to know what I did back there when I was still in junior?

I started to have a good skill in stalking someone. And this was just a brush up on my stalking skill.

I saw him turned to the left, and I quickly followed him. Geez! I just realized that I needed to disguise a little. Then, I saw a hat's seller. Don't attract too much attention was lesson number 1.

So I decided to buy a normal hat that looked quite cool on me. I paid and hurriedly chased Kris. A hat wasn't enough. My eyes landed on the leather jacket in front. I needed to wait for Kris to turn first. Right after he did, I ran to the shop and bought it quickly then I ran chasing after him again. Seriously, being a stalker without preparation was hard. And well – tiring.

I saw Kris finally stopped and a car has been waiting for him. The baggage was just there. Lucky for me. I hid behind the car and eavesdropped some sentences, I missed some words.

'All have been waiting for you. Let’s go!" I became panic. What about now?

I tried hard to remember what a stalker would do in action movies in this kind of situation.

Right! Hid inside the baggage! Oh! I knew I could count on my mind!

So, I slowly opened it and waited for them to close the door. I closed it together with them closing their doors, so, they would not hear the sound, just in case they would hear it.

Fortunately, I fit the baggage. But it was so hot and so uncomfortable here. But I couldn't make any sound.

DAMNIT.

At least I knew where Kris was heading to.

He and I might be put into an arranged marriage that we didn't want to but liked it or not, I am his legal wife, and it's my right to know what he is up to and what is he doing. His business is my business indirectly or directly.

Well –Speaking honestly, I too disliked it when someone intruded my privacy but I had no choice. I meant, we were responsible for each other so it was fair and common to know each other’s business.

After all, I didn’t really have a lot of secret business like my husband did so he could dig all my secrets but I doubt he even cared enough to have a slight curiosity over me. So, I guessed my secret would be safe.

If I wanted to put our situation in one picture, the picture would be a total mess, like an abstract picture. Do you know why? Because he was a mysterious guy living an unordinary life but I was just a normal girl living a normal life.