Chapter 4

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

Oh My God, detention! Here I was, standing stupidly like an idiot in front of my math teacher.

"Kim Jein, this is your first detention. Clean the toilet and class. After that, take photos of them and send them to me, so I know that you have done the detention well."

"Okay, sir." I went out.

What the ? I must be too focus last night to find a way to talk to Kris until I forgot to do my homework. That was his fault as well! Well –Not directly but still, partly his. If just he wasn't too cold hearted, or at least he would talk a little, maybe I wouldn't have to do all this detention.

Sighing, I went to the class first. Yeah, I got to lift all the chairs to the tables. They were quite heavy anyways. Oh !

I really struggled at this. It drained my energy too much until I felt really exhausted. I threw my glances around. Oh God! How many more? I started counting and found there were still 21 chairs that had to be lifted. Why were there so many? I screamed in my mind.

In my struggling moment, I didn't realize that someone came in. Well –To be honest, I didn't give a . As long as that someone didn’t make a mess here, I didn’t really care.

"Are you going to lift all of them?"

That voice. I knew whose voice that was! That mean and arrogant voice could only belong to one person. What the hell was he doing here? This was so embarrassing. But still, I lifted up my gaze and hell yeah, that handsome guy was standing in front of me.

"What do you see?" I was a little upset or should I say very upset?

"Well –Fine then. Actually I was going to help you but since you were upset to me, I better go." Then he started to walk away. NO! This was a golden chance! Someone wanted to help me lifting all this s.

So of course I would not let that chance slipped away. "Yah! Okay, I have to do that. Can you please help me? These chairs are heavy.” I said and I tried my best to look like a little sad puppy.

"Aish! Get rid of that nasty expression!” He snapped me coldly. He stepped forward and helped me lifting all the chairs. I didn't know he could help someone. This surprised me. Kris didn’t say anything again but he did help me lifting up the rest of the chairs.

"Thank you." I said after we have done the job. I walked out the class and took the broom and mop at the toilet. When I got back, he was still there.

"What are you doing here? I can do this by myself." I said.

"Well –My parents asked me to bring you somewhere after you’ve done with your works. They wanted to meet your family."

"Ooohhh.." I nodded my head. I tried to clean the class as fast as I could. I could see Kris sleeping from the corner of my eyes. He must be very tired.

Then, I quickly took photos of the class and directly sent it to my teacher. After that, I dashed to the toilet and cleaned it. But hell –It wasn't nasty, but still… Cleaning a toilet? That would be the last thing I would like to clean. I'd rather clean a warehouse. Toilet was identic with 'disgusting' and ''. Who knew that maybe there would be banana floating? That was so disgusting!

But finally, I managed to finish that dirty job and took photos of them plus sent it to my hell teacher.

Then, I went back to class and woke Kris up. I wasn't shaking his arm, I didn't touch him. I’ve learned my lesson that he was kind of didn’t like skin ship.

"Kris, wake up! Kris!" I grew impatient, luckily he woke up.

"Are you done?" I nodded and both of us heading to his car. Yeah, he drove. Me? Nope. Even though I had my driving license, my parents wouldn't let me to.

"Do we have to change the clothes first or should we just directly head there?" I asked.

"We should get there as soon as possible. My dad sent me text messages before. He said that our families have been waiting there." He said flatly, and what I meant by flatly was really flatly. He spoke with no intonation. Sometimes I wondered if there was really someone like that, and the proof was the guy next to me.

The way to go to the restaurant was a total silent. I didn't know what to talk about and I didn't know how to open a conversation with him. I didn't want him to be annoyed again, so I just shut up. Besides, he seemed to love silent. Finally, after a long time that I felt like ages, we arrived.

We got into the restaurant and everybody has been waiting for us. Judging from their expressions, they had something serious to tell us.

"We have an important announcement." Kris' father said right after Kris and I sat down.

"For whom?" I asked.

"For all of us." My mother said.

The next words came out from Kris' mom really sent me to the darkness. I fainted again. For the second time in that day, I fainted.

 


 

I woke up with a headache. What the hell happened?

Then I recalled everything.

‘You two will get married!’ That sentence suddenly popped to my brain.

Oh My God! What the hell was that? This was a modern world, and how could arranged marriage still exist? How about the dare? It would be completely solve as I would become his wife. However, that meant I won without fighting. Aish! That would be very embarrassing. What should I do?

Then, I heard footsteps outside and I immediately closed my eyes and pretended that I was still unconscious. This was so unbelievable! How could my parents accept that? How could they agree? Has Kris known about this before, or maybe he was just as shocked as me? Oh God! Those worries even made my headache getting worse. Curse all these s!

“Honey, wake up.” My mom shook my arm. ”I know that you are awake. Nobody is here right now. It’s just me.” She said. Slowly but hesitantly, I opened my eyes.

“How could you agree with that?” I asked her in disbelief right after I opened my eyes completely.

“To be honest, this isn’t our will in the first place. It’s your grandfather’s last wish.” Mom said. What the hell? Grandfather, how could you make this stupid deal? What did I suppose to act? I couldn’t just agree. I meant I wanted to marry the guy I love and loves me. In this case, I loved him, but he didn’t love me. Marriage is a big thing for a girl and I wanted to marry only once in my whole life.

But this? I would marry a cold hearted guy. I did love him but he didn’t. Wouldn’t I suffer? How could I be happy?

“It shouldn’t be that bad. Kris is a good guy.” Mom tried to cheer me up but she didn’t change my mood. How could she say that? I could be dead.

“Mom…” I whined.

“Honey, he may be cold hearted but he is a good guy.” Mom said.

“How could you say that?” I said, raising my voice a little. I was still in a very shocked condition. I became emotional. I couldn’t think. What I knew was both my head and heart were hot and boiling inside. I was furious.

“He caught you when you fainted and carried you bridal style here.” Mom said and made my eyes widened in surprise. That could give me a heart attack. That was news!

“What?” I asked in disbelief.

“He did, Jein.” Mom said and squeezed my hand a little. Then her phone rang and she had to take it. “I’ve got to answer this.” She smiled to me before leaving. Just after she left and I thought I would have some times to think alone, someone came inside. Kris. What did he want? Call off the wedding? I would love to!

“How are you doing?” He asked. Whoa? What the hell was going on? Why was he suddenly so polite? Why did he suddenly care about me?

“Fine. Are you sick or something?” I asked him to the point. He raised his brows and he looked amusing, really. He shook his head in confusion.

“Did you by any chance get possessed?” I asked again.

“What the hell are you talking about?” He said with his unique antique cold voice.

“Nah, you are back to normal.” I said.

“What?” He caught my words.

“I thought you were being possessed or something. When you asked me before, you looked too polite, and hell, you were never polite.” I said and stuck my tongue out.

“What? Did you just call me rude?” He asked in disbelief, yet he looked scary.

“Well –Yeah. You can assume it like that.” I stuttered a bit.

“Hey…Just to tell you, I don’t approve this marriage.” Kris said and his voice became very serious, his face was too. I knew that I should be serious too.

“I don’t approve it either. Do you know why it is turning out like this?” I asked.

“More or less, I got a glimpse. My parents explained to me right after you fainted. My grandfather and your grandfather were best friends. They built a company together. They actually wanted their children to get married. But as you see now… Both of their children are males. My dad and your dad. So, they changed it. Instead of their children, it became their grandchildren and that happened to be us.” He explained seriously.

“So, can’t we just forget that? It’s ridiculous.” I said.

“Unfortunately, they made the deal black on white. The document was confirmed to be legal and has been signed by my parents when my grandfather was about to die and your parents when your grandfather was about to die. It was their last will and both of our parents had no choice but to do so. Now, we are in legal age to marry, we have to.“ Kris sighed.

“Well… But we can always ask for a divorce, right?” I asked with hope in my voice.

“Another unfortunate thing is we can’t. As much as I also oppose this, we can’t. Both of our grandfathers really wanted to tie their relationship into family.”

God damn it!

“This is very ridiculous. I can’t believe that this kind of thing still exists in this modern era. Marriage is really a huge thing for a girl.” I said in unpleasant tone. Seriously, this was just too much for me.

“Please write this down on your dummy head, marriage is a huge thing for everyone. That everyone includes boys!” He said in angry voice and that really made me scared. He really looked scary with his eyes that looked like they could kill me.

“So, this means dead end?” I asked.

“, Yes.” He cursed. I sighed. He sighed.


“What did you just say?” Nara shouted on the other line. Yes, I immediately told them just after Kris got out from my room and I was by myself.

“What now?” I asked, hoped she could help,.

“I don’t know. Well –We will change the deal.” Hyerin said and went silent. But I could hear them murmuring and debating for giving me the change. Damn it! I thought they would sympathize a bit.

“We’ve got it.” Hyemi said.

“Tell me, what’s the new dare?” I asked.

“Don’t curse.” Nara warned me beforehand.

“Just tell me.” I said. I didn’t have time to worry what the dare would be. I didn’t have energy left for that! I got too much shocks in a day and I was really exhausted, both physically and emotionally.

You have to make him fall in love with you.” Hyerin announced the dare and immediately hang up before I could even protest.

What the ? That was even harder! I would just go to hell, seriously. I thought they would go easy on me. I meant, they knew I was going through s. Why should they add the list?

Oh God, this wasn’t just hell. No, this wasn’t hell. Being in hell meant there was one enormous problem. This was definitely not hell. I had more than one enormous problem in my life. I was still breathing and my blood was still running in my veins. I was still alive.

Then, something hit me.

I realized, I was living a crazy life.