Chapter 7

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

Fine Kris! If he wanted to play his role as a cold city guy, I would play my role as the never-give-up-girl! Let's see who would win. Two could play in a game.

That day, our parents would pay us a visit, so we got to prepare everything. As for the food, we decided to just order it because Kris didn't want to cook and I couldn't cook at all.

The bell was heard, indicating someone was there. That must be the delivery! I dashed to the gate.

"Thank you." I bowed. I handed him the money and got back.

"You." Kris pointed at me.

"What?" I was a bit shocked when I opened the door to find he was standing right there while pointing his forefinger at me. To be honest, I felt like I was caught red-handed while I wasn’t even doing a crime.

"I will take care of the food, and you have to sweep and mop." He said. I gasped and my eyes widened. Sweep and mop? I forgot that one. In my whole life, never even once had I touched those stuffs, and how could he expect that from me?

"Why don't you sweep and mop while I am preparing the food?" I offered the otherwise. Hell, I didn't want to look silly! He might laugh if he saw me couldn't sweep properly.

"It's a girl's job." He said firmly.

"It's not fair! I haven't even touched that stuffs, how do you expect me to sweep and mop?" I raised my voice. Why did he always expect me to obey all his words?

"Do you think I have?" Kris snapped back. He was a male species and he also had a lot of maids to do the job. Stupid me. Of course he couldn’t do it too! Nah, this was a problem. Neither Kris nor I could sweep and mop. We surely needed a maid but our parents would decline that.

"So what now??" I asked in a lower voice.

"Let’s just give it a try!” He said in low voice. Guess we both had calmed down. He then handed me the mop and he held the broom. So, he would sweep and I would mop? Fair enough.

"Where do we start?" I asked. I must look so stupid, but hello, I was clueless! My mom should have taught me how to be a wife and how to do housework before I got married.

"From the front I guess." He said unsurely. We then started from the front. He would sweep, then I mopped. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out really well. Kris didn't sweep well and I didn't mop properly. Hence, it even turned out worse than before. The left dust got mopped and it made the floor looked even dirtier.

"Look at this, it is all your fault! Aisshh!" Kris sighed and snapped me. What?

"Hell no, it's your fault, if just you sweep well!" I snapped back.

"But you shouldn't mop the left dust." Kris talked back.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" I argued. Then, we both fell into silence. Probably, to calm down.

"We need help." He said in final.

"From who? Our parents will not let us to have a maid." I said.

"I'll call my friends." He said.

"Wait, they are guys, just like you. What do you expect from them?" I asked.

"You call your friends too, let's just see who can help us.” He said. I quickly took my phone and dialed them one by one and asked them to be at my house in less than 15 minutes. Their houses weren't far from ours, so it wouldn't take so long.

Kris and I decided to prepare the food and the table while waiting for all of them to come.

Around 15 minutes later, they all have gathered.

"So...What is the emergency?" Tao asked.

"Why do you call us?" Nara asked me.

"Who can do housework?" Kris and I spoke in unison, making nine pairs of eyes looking at us in disbelief.

Kris and I stared at each other. How could he say exactly the same words with me? Word by word tsk!

"You guys are getting along really well." Hyemi said and I shot her a do-you-want-to-die look, but she just laughed.

"Yes. You both even asked the same question with the exact same words." Luhan laughed.

"He/she copied me." Again, Kris and I both said in unison. They all burst into laughers as Kris and I shot each other a look. It was really unbelievable.

Getting frustrated as the time flew, I said, “Aish! Really? Who can do housework? Please, it's an emergency. You see the floor just now? At first it was not that dirty, but unfortunately Kris and I made it worse. Neither of us know how to sweep and mop. The worst of all is the fact that our parents will be here in less than 2 hours."

"Hmm…Truthfully I haven't touched that stuffs yet." Tao and XiuMin said.

"I don't know." Luhan and Lay said.

"I am a guy, what do you expect?" Chen said in 'duh' manner.

"Don't look at us Jein, you know we can't but I have a good idea." Hyerin said. My face lightened a bit. She was always full of ideas.

"Better be a good one please.” I said.

"Why don't we just search in internet?" She gave her idea, it was quite good and simple. Why haven’t I thought about it before? So... Yeah, we did. Fortunately there were around three brooms and three mops. It was all had been set up.

Since Nara and Luhan had gardens and they liked gardening, they would take care of the garden.

Xiu Min and Tao would wipe the windows and some other things.

Chen paired with Hyerin would sweep and mop the third floor.

Lay and Hyemi would sweep and mop the second floor.

Kris and I would do the first floor.

At first there were a lot of curses and yells around the house. Don't blame us, we didn't know how to do this kind of things. 

"Tao, I can't reach the top, you wipe that one!" Xiu Min said. Tao sighed. That was one of the disadvantages for being tall.

"! Why is sweeping so hard?" Lay cursed as he complained.

"The mop is too wet." Chen said to Hyerin.

"Hell! This is hell!” Another yell came out from Hyemi's mouth. 

After around 2 hours of struggling, it was finally over. We were all sweating and panting at the couch.

"We made it guys, we did it!" Tao said.

"And it wasn't bad at all! We are great!" Nara said.

"Well, Jein and I got to take a bath first before our parents come." Kris said and they got it as a sign for them to leave. They all excused themselves to go home and we both took a shower in different bathrooms, of course.

Around 25 minutes later we were done, and just in time, the bell rang.

"You open it." Kris said. I sent him a look. Why was he so bossy?

"Mommy! Daddy!" I hugged them both tightly as I really missed them. Then came Kris' parents. They looked around and saw everything was clean and neat.

"You both did this?" My mom asked. She found it so unbelievable.

"Of course." I lied.

"Please. It's impossible." My dad said and laughed, kris' parents joined the laughing moment.

"Well –We got some helps from our friends.” Kris admitted.

"What about the food here?" Kris mom's eyed us.

"I cooked them.” This time, Kris was the one who lied.

"Please, you may be able to cook, but we know better that you are too lazy to do that." His dad winked.

"Aish! Fine! We ordered." He said in frustration.

"At least we have tried." I defended.

"Fine, fine." My mom said, still laughing. Then, we all sat and ate.

"So, what's the announcement that you said before mom?" Kris asked.

"Oh! I almost forgot." Kris’ mom said.

"Well, you both are going to have your honeymoon in Jeju Island for 2 weeks!" Kris' dad chimed happily while Kris and I choked right after he finished the sentence.

Our parents grew panic and handed us a glass of water.

"What's with you two?" My dad asked.

"It's not necessary, we have school." Kris said.

“Yes, besides, I am not really fond of honeymoon.” I also said.

“What do you mean? Honeymoon is a must for newlyweds!” Kris’ mom said.

“But we still have school! We have to graduate, so honeymoon is not that important!” Kris argued.

"Don't worry about school, everything has been set up." His dad said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I got a really bad feeling about this. The way his dad said it was like everything had really been planned!

"We have talked to the headmaster, and we have got his permission." My mom stated happily, purposely emphasizing the word ‘permission’.

"We also have booked the plane's ticket and the hotel's room." Kris' mom said did a high five with my mom.

Kris and I were dumbfounded.

When I was standing at the altar, I was really curious about how crazier my life could be. It turned out it still could be crazier.