Chapter 6

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

I woke up with pain all over my body. Heck! It must be because of this couch. It was comfortable but only for relaxing and sitting, not for sleeping. I barely could move my body. When I woke up, Kris was still sleeping comfortable on the bed. I felt like I wanted to throw to him. He really wasn’t a gentleman. Fortunately for me, it wasn’t winter yet. If it were winter, I would die because of the cold. Speaking of winter I just remembered that it would come soon!

I didn’t want to take the couch. It was not something pleasant anyway. However, as much as I hated the couch, I didn’t want to sleep in one bed with him. I’ve got two options on my hand. First, I let my pride down and shared the bed with him to avoid sleeping on that uncomfortable couch. Second, I persisted on my choice the previous night. What a hard choice I got to make. I wanted to just order a bed to this house but it would be very suspicious if my dad and mom knew. Heck, they would know. Sometimes I didn’t know how they could know my secret, but in the end they always could find it out. After all, all my credit cards were paid by them, so they knew what I shopped.

I almost gave up but then a brilliant idea flew to my mind! Why didn’t I borrow Kris’ money? I bet he didn’t want to sleep in one bed with me either. His parents must have given him a freedom to control his own money. So, I didn’t need to worry that mom and dad would find it out. I smiled as I admired how smart I could be at times.

What should I do? It’s freaking Saturday. I wanted to go shopping with my friends or at least had some fun. But no, they were all busy. Nara was outside the city. She left yesterday right after my wedding day. Hyemi accompanied her mom. Hyerin went out with his boyfriend. So I was totally by myself.

But then, my stomach grumbled. Breakfast! I should have had breakfast! But I couldn’t cook. I made my way to the kitchen. Every single utensil for cooking was there. It was just I didn’t know how to cook. Then, what was the use of all this things if I couldn’t even cook? I opened the fridge, hoping there might be something easy to be made. I frowned when I found nothing that could be easy enough to cook. Ugh! I should wake Kris up and just went out for breakfast. What was the best food for breakfast? It was either kimchi fried rice or a bowl of chicken porridge.

I felt really upset whenever I looked at him sleeping peacefully. It was like I was reminded how suffering it was sleeping on the couch. Hence, instead of waking him up gently, I yelled, “Kris!!! Wake up!!” But he didn’t stir a bit. I didn’t know that it was hard to make him wake up. I couldn’t just splash water to him. I didn’t know what bad things could happen to me. I still wanted to be alive so I was still struggling to wake him up. Finally, after 15 minutes of trying, he woke up with annoyed face.

“What?” He asked me, obviously with his usual cold tone.

“Do you know what time the hell is now?” I yelled.

He shook his head. I furiously showed him my watch and he didn’t look surprised at all, instead, he looked upset.

“Only 9.a.m and you woke me up? I usually got up at 10!”He snapped me. What? Aisshh this man! What a sleepy guy he was. He was about to lie back when I grabbed him.

“Wake up now or I will splash water to you!” I threatened him. Seriously, I was really hungry.

“Go ahead, and take the consequences.” He said coldly, not even bother to look at me. Guess I would just go alone.

But I just remembered that I didn’t even know how to drive. I always thought that it was pointless for me to learn driving so early. That time, I didn’t even think I would get married that soon! I was only 18! What was I supposed to do now? I really hate this jerk that was called as my ‘husband’. He was really not a responsible guy and I couldn’t believe my parents’ choice. They chose him? And I could not get a divorce?! How would I spend the rest of my life with this kind of man? Rot in hell would sound better perhaps.

I must wait for an hour later to wake him up. This time, he woke up and took a quick shower. I must admit that I liked him because of his cold attitude. I thought that was kind of cool. But to rethink of it now, it was not really cool. From outside, of course, it looked cool but now that I’ve experienced it, it really wasn’t. However, I didn’t understand at all how the heck I still fell for this guy despite of his personality.

Finally he got out from the bathroom and went straight to his car, without even waiting for me. I must run to catch him up. Really, this guy was really unbelievable. Okay, I got it that he usually was like this. However, couldn’t he try to be a bit nicer to me? I meant like at least acknowledging my presence.

I quickly took the seat beside him and he eyed me.

“What are you doing here?” He asked. Was he a dumb or something?

“Of course go eating breakfast with you.” I replied with ‘duh’ manner.

“You haven’t eaten yet?” He asked in surprise.

“Look. I can’t cook and I can’t drive a car. What the hell was I supposed to do? When I woke you up before, you were angry and I got to wait until the usual time for you to get up. So now, can you please just take me? I’m really starving!” I blurted everything. Really, I hated this guy. The fact that my heart still pounded faster for him made me hate him more.

Kris didn’t say anything and he drove fast. Too fast! I even clung to the seatbelt like I was going to die. If he wanted to die, just died! Don’t bring me too. I still wanted to live.

He led me into a food stall and we ordered 2 bowls of porridge. It seemed to be his usual place to eat breakfast because the lady has known him.

“This tastes great.” I commented as I took a spoon of the porridge into my mouth. I liked the taste though. So, in no time I finished eating all of it. And Kris was still eating. He gave me a look but didn’t say anything. Did he probably think that I was so not lady-like? Or did he think that I was eating too fast for a girl? Wait –Why should I care? Let him think of me all he wanted. I shouldn’t care, at all!

After he finished eating, he paid for the meal and he drove us back to the house. Then, I suggested my idea.

“Kris, I think we should buy a bed.” I said, opening the conversation.

“We or you?” He replied.

“You actually. Because my credit cards are paid by my parents and they will know about it and surely they wouldn’t be pleased.” I explained.

“Actually my credit cards are paid by my parents too.” He said and dead end. !

“So… But winter is coming!!” I whined.

“So? That is not my problem.” He said coldly and left me dumbfounded. He was a total jerk.

What the hell? you Kris, I still couldn't believe I am married to a guy like him. He was undoubtedly a perfect boy but unfortunately, not a perfect man.